northbay to Elk Lake

Lucky_twin

Doing a first trip to Cochrane this weekend> We will be leaving from Northbay Friday mid morning....Just wondering if any one has an idea of time or distance to Elk Cabins in Elk LAke?

Thanks in advance....

Welcome to OC, check out the link in my signature and you should be able to calculate the distance.

I'm guessing it's an 8 hour ride if you stay at it. Apparently the groomer between N.Bay and Temagami is broke down. Check B Bakers posts in the NBSC section of the North forum

I think the issues are north of Tilden Lake where TOP D goes west from TOP AD.

Doing a first trip to Cochrane this weekend> We will be leaving from Northbay Friday mid morning....Just wondering if any one has an idea of time or distance to Elk Cabins in Elk LAke?

Thanks in advance....

its a good ride.....the earlier start the better when that sun goes down its get cool....from EL to Coch 4-6hrs that's if u can keep up to that Orange missile....lol.....Welcome to OC.

Lol keeping up to the Orange missile is the least of my concerns..... Getting the orange missiles owner up and moving in the mornings will be the challenge.....lmao

Thanks

Henry

333 km to long point lodge from the travel lodge in north bay.

That would probably the best starting point. Five minutes & you're on TOP D, across Trout Lake & heading north.

Thanks... Were going to try and park at Portage restraunt I be leave ..... Are the trails fairly open that way or heavy bush?

Probably 10 minutes & you're on the powerline then pipeline from there.

Not exactly like the Corridor, but not the Muskokas either. On my RAN tour thread I posted a couple of pics on AD just east of Hwy' 11. That'll give you an idea on part of the trip. Farm fields in the New Liskeard/Earlton area, some bush running then you're on the railbed to Elk Lake. 

In '01, 4 of us ran from North Bay to Kirkland Lake. We left @ 10 & got to KL @ 6:20. 365 klicks for the day. Slower riding from Englehart to KL thru the bush.

Elk cabins is well located right off club echo's rail bed,cross the river and your there,the owners are very nice,and they make kick ass pizza and wings,i ride that trail 50 times a season,we were in timmins thru shining tree and gogama,trails were tops,except for a few miles of logging here and there

We run New Liskeard to North Bay every year, about 140 miles. Its a little twisty through Temagami, opens up as you near New Liskeard. It should be about an 8 hour trip.

Does anyone know where they get good again? May be worth the extra hour in the truck. Or where there would be truck and trailer parking north of the breakdown area?

I don't know there's a long stretch of Hwy 11 past North Bay that is rougher than heck. I'd rather be on the sled than pounding the truck & trailer on it.

How's the trail from temagami to new liskeard,heading there tomorrow

Trail was good and smooth today.... Great ride!

Trail was good and smooth today.... Great ride!

Ok,thanks alot,should be smooth sailing

Archived