Still got mine, hanging up in my basement

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

C - google

• 1 year later...

Bump. For the new members.

You getting a royalty? Lol

I believe i googled snowmobile forums. Got a few, but this was the best one.

We do, both the ball caps and toques!

Pretty sure it was TC.com where I met Rick and many others.

I remember you, Jay (Freezerburnt), LMV & Luc (Groomer Guy)  on the TC site (if you want to call it that). Did I miss any others that moved over here? Billy Bob was a real PITA trolling the members. 

I posted a link to OC on my Apsley Snowmobiling Faceplant page today.Almost 400 likes on it. Hopefully a few will see it & sign up here.

i don't remember what got me here or even the join date, but as far as sled forums go this one is top tier and no BS with some real decent folks.

although some things have changed like mods and admins, 

What was the question again?

Who still has there oc hat?

I was on Trailconditions.com and there was this guy (Rick :)) that was telling me that they where starting a new forum and said I should join as I'd would be a good contributor.... I joined and have been here since the early days.

What year was the Original forum created? The Name has changed... what was it before at first? I would have over 10,000+ post or more if it was since it was from the start.

I love this place, I promote it every chance I have.

I know for sure I have the toque, I think I have the hat too.

I think a friend in the club recommended it but also I seem to recall running across someone on the trail with OntarioConditions.com stickers on the sled and I think the helmet as well.

They say as you get older the memory is one of the first things to go.... maybe that's why I don't remember for sure how I got here :D That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

The nice parts about getting older is you can use that excuse and someday qualify for a seniors discount. Now there's an idea a seniors trail pass with a discounted rate.

I was on Trail Conditions - can't remember how many years ago this was - when this 'character' Rick who had some other name than LMV at the time ( I called him "squarehead") decided he was going to start a new site.  There were not many of us at the beginning and it has certainly grown.  Not without some ups and downs.   We had a crash after a couple of years and about 4,000 of my posts disappeared.  The biggest crash was around 2008, I think.  The site was down for weeks and I lost about 16,000 posts.   I still have my original hat, and my "formal OC hat" in navy blue.  And my OC toque.  And wear them regularly.  It was a great marketing idea that LMV had.  Bright red hats are easily spotted at restaurants, hotels, trailside and led to many of us coincidentally meeting.    Group rides started early on also built the family.     

SO much information traded here, so many good memories, so many laughs and so many friends made. 

Thanks Rick, for creating this place.

(you cement head, you)  

:-P

and thanks to all the members today and over the years for making this what it is.  

I was on Trail Conditions - can't remember how many years ago this was - when this 'character' Rick who had some other name than LMV at the time ( I called him "squarehead") decided he was going to start a new site.  There were not many of us at the beginning and it has certainly grown.  Not without some ups and downs.   We had a crash after a couple of years and about 4,000 of my posts disappeared.  The biggest crash was around 2008, I think.  The site was down for weeks and I lost about 16,000 posts.   I still have my original hat, and my "formal OC hat" in navy blue.  And my OC toque.  And wear them regularly.  It was a great marketing idea that LMV had.  Bright red hats are easily spotted at restaurants, hotels, trailside and led to many of us coincidentally meeting.    Group rides started early on also built the family.     

SO much information traded here, so many good memories, so many laughs and so many friends made. 

(you cement head, you)  

and thanks to all the members today and over the years for making this what it is.  

Well said!

I use to belong to TC and switched over to OC.  I use 3 other sites but this one is by far the best one!!!  Everyone here is very informative, humourous and CRAZY!!!  LOL  Seriously I love this site by far.  No BS, well except from STG that is.  Had to say it cuz he is my hubbies nephew.  LOL

Thanks for starting this site and keeping on top of it.  Great bunch of sledheads here.   I have met many people due to this site.  We love the hats and toques we purchased last year.  Still waiting for the long sleeve shirts.  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

LMV stalked me from the old Snowgower forums then a bunch of us met in Port Sydney and the rest is history...

Had allot of fun around here over the years met some great people most of whom I am still great friends with, even cement head, hahahahaha

I still have my original hat, toque and I even have an original OC Sweatshirt.

Who remembers Wonderphant, I am sure Reved will drag it up from the archives bwahahahahaha

(you cement head, you)  

That pretty much covers it! :love:

came over from trailconditions.com as well. now that you think about it, the tc site was nothing more than a DOS message board. LOL! we did have some fun, and most of the good people, migrated here and set up shop. over the years, I have met and or ridden, with quite a few. this is one of the last forums I visit daily, year round. Ski  

I probably 

came over from trailconditions.com as well. now that you think about it, the tc site was nothing more than a DOS message board. LOL! we did have some fun, and most of the good people, migrated here and set up shop.

I found TC thru whatever search engine we used back in the late 90s. I had gotten my 1st computer in '97. I remember 1 thread on it where an American sledder was was asking about "adult entrtainment" in Hearst. One of the replies was, "Remember, what happens in Hearst, stays in Hearst". I couldn't stop laughing.

What year did OC fire up? I checked over @ the "other" site & I signed up there in March of '02. It was sometime after that when I found OC.

The biggest crash was around 2008, I think.  The site was down for weeks and I lost about 16,000 posts.

I was looking for my join date & a lot of us are Jan' of '08 when the forum went back on the air.

our first computer was winter of 2000, found TC shortly after that I am assuming. Ski

I came over from trailconditions.com too, that was a long time ago, I was tcattedder or teddy tcat till it crashed or something, then wildman from then on. I would sit and read billybobs posts on there and laugh my ass off, he would have so many people twisted right outa shape. Ox had allot of great posts over there......I thought, man this guy is nuts, he has had some pretty cool experiences!

This place Is great, tons of good information, allot of hands on volunteers here too which helps educate what is really involved in making the trail system we have, that is a very fortunate thing.

You started a great thing here Rick and with the help of some great people you have maintained what your vision was when you started, congrats on that, pretty cool for sure!

I wish we could have a billybob though, my face and ribs have never hurt so much from laughing so hard.......the old tc.com days, to funny

I probably 

I found TC thru whatever search engine we used back in the late 90s. I had gotten my 1st computer in '97. I remember 1 thread on it where an American sledder was was asking about "adult entrtainment" in Hearst. One of the replies was, "Remember, what happens in Hearst, stays in Hearst". I couldn't stop laughing.

What year did OC fire up? I checked over @ the "other" site & I signed up there in March of '02. It was sometime after that when I found OC.

I remember that post Hahahaha 

Archived