How'd You Find OC?

revrnd

I found this site thru Ontario Trail Conditions where I was warned by Bosscat Tours to stay away from in a PM he sent me from dootalk.

True story

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found this site thru Ontario Trail Conditions where I was warned by Bosscat Tours to stay away from in a PM he sent me from dootalk.

True story

That crazy fella from Delhi that stayed in Kirkland lake for the winter. I wonder what happened to him. I am assuming he quit sledding

when his tabaco farm ran into trouble?

That crazy fella from Delhi that stayed in Kirkland lake for the winter. I wonder what happened to him. I am assuming he quit sledding

Don't know I haven't talked that guy in close to 10 yrs. I just googled his site and apparently he is still in the sled touring business.

OTC was actually a good site for the first yr but went down hill quickly after that.

Don't know I haven't talked that guy in close to 10 yrs. I just googled his site and apparently he is still in the sled touring business.

OTC was actually a good site for the first yr but went down hill quickly after that.

He POed a lot of people.

Speaking of the northeastern Ontario area (specifically New Liskeard) does anyone know of a "Rottie" from that area. He was a good source for info from there.

He POed a lot of people.

Speaking of the northeastern Ontario area (specifically New Liskeard) does anyone know of a "Rottie" from that area. He was a good source for info from there.

New Liskeard... wow haven't heard of that place in a long time. There was a guy named Porky Waters from New Liskeard who competed in horse shows way back and drove all the way down to southern Ontario on weekends for it regularly.

OTC went down hill quickly after that.

It's called "Karma" :D :D :D

The next time someone tries what they did, we won't be as nice :)

Once the story got out about what (and how) they did, a lot of people turned their backs on them. Then they turned their backs on each other..

Bosscat is a great guy. And a standup guy. We had a lot of fun on this board! Tons of fun. And some time together at the Fed. Those members here from those early years might remember him posting beautiful pictures. As far as I know, he is a motor sports photographer and anything I have seen of his is outstanding.

Met Rick and a few others one day for wings in Plattsville. Then golf at Foxwood and then the hats came out.

Met Rick and a few others one day for wings in Plattsville. Then golf at Foxwood and then the hats came out.

I remember pictures of your golf day at Foxwood. I think Snowman was part of your group, wasn't he?

Yes I think Snowman, Bosscat and maybe a couple others since departed

remember bill & I wanted 1 more ride,was 2nd wk of april already.seen this sledjuck & canuck were heading to Cochrane that wk-end for ride.asked few questions about snow & trail conditions.OCer from kap answered (can t recall handle) with pics from varies places in area.showed bill pics & we were sold.headed up,met sj & canuck,had great ride,ever since then I ve have trusted the info on this site.i still love when members meet for rides together not knowing each other...only by being here.notice this yr the volume of sledders on site is way up,could be the lack of trails open.easliy 50 to 70 members online at peak times.

That was neat last year meeting up with you guys at the Super 8 .... already knew SJ, OF7 and APEXMAN from the previous time they were up and did a 344 km ride with them & IQTURBO. Was fun watching Lily and my daughter playing together despite the language barrier. Probably the highlight of the weekend ... :)

Those were both great trips.  It was great watching the kids at play.

Was fun watching Lily and my daughter playing together despite the language barrier. Probably the highlight of the weekend ... :)

100% hi-lite...imagine two people meeting for first time,can't understand each other.yet get along perfect,their age helped.remeber lily was blabbing 60 words a minute unaware it really was blah,blah,blah to your daughter

denis your ski-doo advice is 2nd to none(blah,blah,blah),I follow your'what'd you do today" posts...always interesting,you speak French & English,live up north...a true Canadian.but what I need from you,is how when the kids were running around like crazy & you spoke to your kids...they listened...though your daughter did have birthday gifts lily thought were privy to French kids only,took 6 months to catch on in our area

feel bad u don't have snow,will see you soon..ski-doo or not...your alright

Yes, you're right - Bosscat in his crazy green Arctic Cat jacket. - :)

The first people I meet on the trail were Bosscat and Snowman at a restaurant in Matachewan. The place sat maybe 15 people. Fun where you will run in to those Red Hats.

First ones that I met were Luc and Big Reg at the Toronto Show.

Moosifer put me on to the forum when there was a topic regarding hand signals and the green / amber light system was mentioned.  I had read about the system and was planning on building my own.

Lurked for a while then started posting.  Went to a pre season get together at Dave & Buster's.  It all went downhill from there :-)

100% hi-lite...imagine two people meeting for first time,can't understand each other.yet get along perfect,their age helped.remeber lily was blabbing 60 words a minute unaware it really was blah,blah,blah to your daughter

denis your ski-doo advice is 2nd to none(blah,blah,blah),I follow your'what'd you do today" posts...always interesting,you speak French & English,live up north...a true Canadian.but what I need from you,is how when the kids were running around like crazy & you spoke to your kids...they listened...though your daughter did have birthday gifts lily thought were privy to French kids only,took 6 months to catch on in our area

feel bad u don't have snow,will see you soon..ski-doo or not...your alright

Thank You WD ... very kind words !  The daughter listening thing, well, I dunno if it's a respect thing or pure fear of the old man ... but we try to instill values and comprehension into what we tell them, not just Do This , but the why and how ... so they understand WHY it's Do this Don't do that.... I think that helps.  I don't yell often but dammit I mean it when I do.

Kids in Hearst (I've said this before) are pretty spoiled due the unusually high amount of money in the town ... lots of millionaires, at one time more millionaires per square foot anywhere in Canada.  So when the rich kids bitch and whine the parents just spend money and don't raise the kids with values.... "all my friends have one ..." isn't rare ... that's why last week there were 8 high-dollar mountain sleds all with wraps and mods at the high school, with 3 inches of snow on the ground. 

We don't come from money, both our families did ok but weren't rich by any means.  So when we say Can't we mean it.  That weekend last winter with you guys was kind of a big luxury for us, not something we do regularly.  I realize that a few people on here are way better off than us, and that's ok, no problem with people that got money AND respect, best people on Earth.  THAT'S what made it so awesome, the chance to hang out and ride and meet you guys last year.  One of the best weekends I've ever had.

sledjunk told me about it. Great forum & great people. :D

It's been so long that I remember the "beeps and bongs" of the dial-up modem connecting. Online search led me to oc.com

Soon after, met LMV and Domino for wings in the Waterloo area.

That led to a bigger gathering at Dave and Buster's (Vaughan), autumn dinner ((Barrie racetrack), a memorable Gravenhurst ride led by Doonut and some wonderful oc.com rides in support of Kelly Shires.

You visit for information and stay for the people.

You visit for information and stay for the people.

You just HAVE to see what the mouse will come up with next :lmao:

A - found out from Steve C

I found OC via a link on the Snowcrest Riders web site.

I stumbled across it while looking for an alternative to HCS.  Got tired of all the BS over there.

Archived