300031 kms of avaiable trails

apeXMAN

That has to be a record amount of available trails?...I cant believe that I am not out sledding now. lol

I've been watching that on the map, waiting to see if / when it'd switch over ......  :icon_naughty:

Actually it's more than that.

Prince Edward County is wide open, but showing red, most lilely waiting for the IT guys to finish the update of their correct trails. So you can add an extra 150km to that.

I think there is too many zero's in the thread title. The entire trail system is 43,000 Km.

Nonetheless, there is lots to choose from.

I think there is too many zero's in the thread title. The entire trail system is 43,000 Km.

Nonetheless, there is lots to choose from.

LOL... We can dream right?

But you got your numbers switch around too, there is only 34,000km of sled trails (based on OFSC website)

I guess all the snow and out aiding trail conditions have started effect our brain function when it comes to numbers ;)

Actually it's more than that.

Prince Edward County is wide open, but showing red, most lilely waiting for the IT guys to finish the update of their correct trails. So you can add an extra 150km to that.

Saw that it was marked close for a few days now...30181 Kms open for riding lol

IQ, he's polishing his boat in Elmira.

Who was that, I remember reading that.....it has been a great year for sure.

Lol ik his name is on the tip of my tongue...He quit sledding because the weather was too stressful. He sold his sled and bought a boat

Lol ik his name is on the tip of my tongue...He quit sledding because the weather was too stressful. He sold his sled and bought a boat

his first name was polarisracing 1 then he changed it to what happened to winter 

My sled trailer hasn't moved this season...it has been nice ridding from the house. Was over at the dealer and they have had a good year as well...they will not budge on there prices :mad: ..I will wait till the fall and see if they will move on there price then.

LOL... We can dream right?

But you got your numbers switch around too, there is only 34,000km of sled trails (based on OFSC website)

I guess all the snow and out aiding trail conditions have started effect our brain function when it comes to numbers ;)

Nothing wrong with the numbers I posted. Read below.

Trail riding is what Ontario snowmobiling is all about. Marked, mapped and interconnected trails make snowmobiling great fun for safe riders who drive with care and control. The Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs (OFSC) operates 43,000 kilometres (25,000 miles) of maintained snowmobile trails, more than there are provincial highways. It is the largest recreational trail system in the world.

and in less than 24 hours we lose close 7,000 kms of open trails with rain and mild temps in quite a few districts, might just be the end of the season for some too if more snow does not come after next weeks refreeze

22,000 or so km's available now, at 10:30 pm on Friday night .... and it's prolly not done dropping.  

Any news on how bad the damage is down the Ottawa area ?  It's all showing Red in that area.   I wonder if some trails can be saved, or if they're done .....

Nothing wrong with the numbers I posted. Read below.

Trail riding is what Ontario snowmobiling is all about. Marked, mapped and interconnected trails make snowmobiling great fun for safe riders who drive with care and control. The Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs (OFSC) operates 43,000 kilometres (25,000 miles) of maintained snowmobile trails, more than there are provincial highways. It is the largest recreational trail system in the world.

You must be reading an out of date page...

From the OFSC website

http://ofsc.on.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7&Itemid=126

So why would you go anywhere else to snowmobile? With almost 34,000 kilometres of groomed trails, there's almost nowhere in Ontario you can't go by sled.

I think they just posted them close to be safe.. I was out and about today and passed a few trails after the rain had stopped and they still looke to be in good shape.. My rain gauge measured 26mm of rain since Thirsday morning, and there is still a ton of snow on the ground.

Was planning on riding tomarrow....

Archived