Why is the B trail east of QE2 park closed?

Re:Leaf

The 2013 snow crest riders trail map shows the B trail heading up the east side of the QE2 park. That section of trail is now closed and the B merges into the D. Then you can take trail 3 over towards the original B and take that up to Haliburton/Dorset. My question is.... why is this section of trail closed?  It shows on the map a small area that says "proposed" so I'm guessing that is the reason why the trail isn't open.   Thank you Leaf

The 2013 snow crest riders trail map shows the B trail heading up the east side of the QE2 park. That section of trail is now closed and the B merges into the D. Then you can take trail 3 over towards the original B and take that up to Haliburton/Dorset. My question is.... why is this section of trail closed?  It shows on the map a small area that says "proposed" so I'm guessing that is the reason why the trail isn't open.   Thank you Leaf

The 2013 trail guide is old. The 2014 trail guide has B trail removed. It is due to two landowners in a dispute and it has been in the courts. Landowner "A" is landlocked, and landowner "B" put up a large gate to prevent access to Landowner "A". This unfortunately, closed the B trail. At this time there is no reroute as another new landowner in the area, is not permitting trails on his property. This area also involves QE2, MNR, First Nations, and our Local Municipality.QE2 will not allow NEW trails to be cut. This was a great trail and it's very disappointing that it is no longer available at this time. Each year Snowcrest contacts the landowners to try and work something out, but to no avail.     

Thanks for responding 2bsledding.  The nice man at summerland told me the trail is closed but I didn't ask him why.  I hope it will open next year but judging by what you have said it doesn't look like it will. How is trail 3 over to the B trail?  Does it run on the road or beside the road?

Trail 3:  I was on it two days ago.

The westernmost kilometre goes through bush and swamps.There are a few large trees that got uprooted last summer and are in the way. It is slow going but no roads in this section.

Next section is across Ryde lake, across a field, through a bit of bush, then along and on a plowed gravel road for about 1 or 2 kilometres. There was no sign of dirt on Thursday.

The next section runs on an unplowed trail for about 3 kms. This is the best part of Trail 3.

The next section runs on Seehaver Road, another plowed gravel road, for about 2 kilometres. There was no sign of dirt on Thursday.

At this point the trail turns north on the original B.

Thanks Blake.  How was your ride today? Did you meet up with WD?

Yep it was grand. WD and his pal Bill met me and my three buddies from Bracebridge.

Went from Orillia to Wasaga Beach for a hearty lunch at the Big Chris BBQ Roadhouse, right on Trail 602.

Is there road running on trail 44 that runs out of brace bridge. Looking to do a run next weekend and don't want to run roads during mild weather.

Be sure to post pictures of your trip.

That is if you even leave home.

Maybe I will bump into you!

Is there road running on trail 44 that runs out of brace bridge. Looking to do a run next weekend and don't want to run roads during mild weather.

It does run on Fraserburg Road for a couple of kilometres. Right now that would not be a problem, but things may be different next weekend. There are lots of places to go around here without using roads...

It does run on Fraserburg Road for a couple of kilometres. Right now that would not be a problem, but things may be different next weekend. There are lots of places to go around

here without using roads, including Lakes

Muskoka, Rosseau and Joe, as well as LOB and

many of the trails.

I wanted to head over hailburton way, but don't want to run roads. Any other way that would be better, thanks!

Where would you be coming from?

Yep it was grand. WD and his pal Bill met me and my three buddies from Bracebridge.

Went from Orillia to Wasaga Beach for a hearty lunch at the Big Chris BBQ Roadhouse, right on Trail 602.

What??   You went to the Beach without us??  JK, Hope you guys had a great ride.

Where would you be coming from?

Bracebridge, have family that lives in town near the floating bridge on top d.

I think the most direct way would start with 44. I would know the amount of road running exactly if I had run it when I was up that way last week, but I took 41 instead. Maybe someone else would know.

To try to avoid road running I believe you might have to go up D to Port Sydney (which has a short stretch of road also) and come back down D103B, or go across LOB and Kawagama etc.

The 2013 trail guide is old. The 2014 trail guide has B trail removed. It is due to two landowners in a dispute and it has been in the courts. Landowner "A" is landlocked, and landowner "B" put up a large gate to prevent access to Landowner "A". This unfortunately, closed the B trail. At this time there is no reroute as another new landowner in the area, is not permitting trails on his property. This area also involves QE2, MNR, First Nations, and our Local Municipality.QE2 will not allow NEW trails to be cut. This was a great trail and it's very disappointing that it is no longer available at this time. Each year Snowcrest contacts the landowners to try and work something out, but to no avail.

Thank for the detailed info 2bsledding, I assume that landowner a and b are at the south end of lewisham?

I miss that trail! Many thanks to snowcrest for continuing to try getting the landowners back onside.

Archived