Sled through the ice on wing night?

schmied

Is the trail all flooded along the river bank again? I have been going around the area this year, haven't been over to the queen bridge yet!

Same thing happened last year too! Thanks for the heads up!

Rode the trail their Sunday from north to south through the flats and across the bridge. There was a sled riding across the ice just on the upriver side of the bridge and many more tracks where others had been doing the same. Was all good at that time. On Kitchener news last night was a report that GRCA was worried about flooding this spring. Not sure why, it isn't because of snow volume.

Went there today. All froze up again and could cross. Just info for everyone that you can't count one crossing consistently even with the cold. If it's night don't take a chance, in daylight  you can decide.

I haven't seen the river this froze up in a few years. There are tracks under the bridge at Bridgeport and on up through Conestogo, under the expressway and passed Three Bridges.

• 2 weeks later...

Jumped on the Grand river this afternoon at Inverhaugh and looped down on to the Conestogo River and rode up to Hawksville. Some stretches are pretty flat, some not so much.

I haven't done that in a few years.

post-19895-0-49863400-1425871983_thumb.jpg

Jumped on the Grand river this afternoon at Inverhaugh and looped down on to the Conestogo River and rode up to Hawksville. Some stretches are pretty flat, some not so much.

attachicon.gifIMG_20150308_171019.jpg

Was on the highway there on Saturday night and there was a bon fire north of where you were parked. Saw sleds around the fire too.  No big holes there you saw?

attachicon.gifIMG_20150308_171019.jpg

Oh BTW  that is a nice picture....of the Bridge of course. When you were under the bridge you did a quick inspection?  Send the Region a bill. lol

Was on the highway there on Saturday night and there was a bon fire north of where you were parked. Saw sleds around the fire too.  No big holes there you saw?

Lots of tracks around the trailer park. No holes. I ran it again today with my son and its still good. The trail down to the river there at Inverhaugh is hurtin' near the road crossing. So are some of the bushes.

That's a good idea. I'm sure no one at the Region would think to do an inspection when its this easy.

Archived