Where did you ride today

volunteer2

Just got back from 91 mile ride around some GTSA trails. In pretty good shape considering all the traffic on Saturday and Wing Nite at St Clements last night. Not alot of new posts. THAT is a real good thing!!!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ran kawartha lakes. And twin mountain trails today traffic was light trails were great

Unfortunately at home looking through my front window. Arthritis has inflammed my knee once again leaving me reading how great the trails are.

Did a short run (50 kms) around Creemore.  There were lots of sledders and some large groups.  Must have been an organized run or a poker run...  All good!

Did 231 Miles all over D5 today.  Mostly SSR and Alymer trails.  Started in Scotland.  SSR groomed the first leg last night and I passed at least one groomer from every club that I ran in.  Great job guys!

Didn't ride today .. A few of my friends went north and I had to work .. But I'm looking for people to ride with tomorrow

My son and I ran from Sault Ste Marie to Searchmont ski resort for lunch and made the loop back to the Soo 175 km trails were good local Snowarama was in effect to raise money for disabled kids. An annual charity run. Much thanks to the Sault Ste Marie Trailblazers snowmobile club....Cheers.

110 miles today ...up the train track ..smooth ...over to Twin Mountains, all trails are groomed..hopped on to Big Bald to Buckhorn Trails..gas at Flynns Corner and looped back to Fenelon Falls....great day...

played hockey so no riding :(

Bu on the bright side we won our series 2 games to nothing and now play in the finals next weekend yet I will be in Sudbury sledding :)

Did the poker run in the Almaguin Highlands.

Great trails but didn't win a thing . lol

Broke the trail into our woodlot. Cut some cedar browse for the deer.

Bracebridge to Haliburton and back ,320 ks , great trails and good lunch in Hali , resting now 

My weekend to work and be on call. No riding,looking forward to heading north next weekend. Nothing more depressing than missing a prime riding weekend, to go work at a sewage treatment plant.

Group from Baxter took C trial north from Port Severn to 101D into Bala. Great ride until 101D..... no need to go to wonderland for a rollercoaster. In all fairness though Muskoka Lakes groomer has been down for about a week and everyone is doing the best they can to get the groomers going and back on the trail

we hit lots of rollers also in haliburton yesterday , finally seen a groomer mid afternoon grooming ,a total waste of time and money IMHO, heavy traffic ,the first ten sleds ripped up everything he was doing 

Took my son for his second ever trail ride, 130 km's later and he was looking for more!

Trails were in great condition, rode from Port Perry to the Ganny and back and did a couple loops around Port.

post-21888-0-59322500-1391959322_thumb.jpg

post-21888-0-35232800-1391959349_thumb.jpg

post-21888-0-48871000-1391959397_thumb.jpg

post-21888-0-93066200-1391959425_thumb.jpg

Went for a rip around elora and Fergus ,lots of snow for a change.Stopped in Arthur at union burger for lunch,not bad.

Left Port sydney, down D trail to Bracebridge yamaha for the yamaha power tour.....we demo'd the new viper along with an apex with power steering. Ate some free burgers and had a great time yakking with everyone there, nice turnout, nice work BB Yammie!

We left there and headed up to trail 32 taking us out onto Lake Muskoka.  We ran across the top of lake muskoka(my first time) over to the northwest corner, snowing hard so no tracks to follow, and by the time we got to other side, the snowpack on the lake was well over 3 feet of powder, had to keep on throttle to keep the sled running ontop of this powder..wow!

we jumped off Muskoka, up a trail,driveway and short rd which dumped us down onto Brandy Lake next to port carling.   After playing around on Brandy lake in 3 ft powder, we ran up c102d to 33, over to 3 mile lake, and stopped in to Northland Rec skidoo.

After that we headed over for dinner at Jimmy Hatz on hwy 141.  The trail here has moved, where 33 used to cross hwy 141 you would ride right onto Jimmy Hatz tavern, but now you must run 141 northward about 1km to the restaurant.  We did find the old trail after a long talk with owner so we now know the way there without the road run, but it was short and lots snow.  I have to add, the food at Jimmy Hatz is incredible!  Talk about HUGE portions!

Headed back to Mary lake after dinner via 33/37 and D trails...  nice mellow local day of 175kms.  Map Below.

Dan

post-23178-0-37445100-1391994326_thumb.jpg

Just home from 6 days of riding  around Bon Echo park. 4 of us rented a cottage on Scootamata Lake near Cloyne.

A perfect week, Great trails, well grommed with vey lttle traffic, hazard to guess we passed all of 50 sleds all week.

Almost 900 miles, with trips to Bancroft on the Bon Echo loop. Trip to Sharbot Lake, Tweed, Calaboogie and Griffeth

plus a bunch of local rides. Truely impressed with the Mazinaw club trails.

Only complaint I can come up with is there was some logging operations going on so we had

some not so great trails, maybe 3 or 4 miles all week.

Time for a nap and back to work tomorrow.

Tons of snow here in Kitchener so maybe some local riding for the first time Thursday or Friday.

Happy trails everyone.

Archived