Trail status of 4 between 15 & B105

iangj

Just wondering why it is shown as Red on the interactive map?

Would like to do a loop using this if possible.

This trail was shown as red at all times last winter. I would bet that it will not be shown as green at all this year either.

I cannot speak for Snowcrest Riders, but I have heard that Matchedash Lake (aka Long Lake) on Trail 4 west of Sparrow Lake tends to be slushy, and that some years the club has had difficulty getting the stakes off in the spring. Perhaps opening the route by bringing it up to OFSC and club standards may not be the best use of volunteer time. But again, I am only speculating.

Two weeks ago we rode down 17 and past the west end point of Trail 4. There were quite a few tracks heading east on 4, but we did not go that way to investigate. It may be tricky trying to access Trail 4 from Sparrow Lake, as the entrance must be near the mouth of the Severn River. Not sure though, as I've never used the trail.

Thanks Blake. I'll try to come up with something else to either shorten mileage or find fuel.

I guess we could trailer down to a point where we could ride without worrying on the fuel.

BTW how did you save the route you showed us on line last week? I can print it out but didn;t see a way of saving it to disk.

Made the route on the interactive trail guide, pressed the PRINTSCREEN button to capture the image, opened PAINT and pasted the image. I saved the image then opened it again with Microsoft Office Picture Manager, in which I clicked the EDIT PICTURES button, whereupon I cropped and resized etc.

I just did the process again to copy what my screen was showing a minute ago. If you check around within Picture Manager you can figure out how to compress the image so it takes up less file space for uploading.

post-22473-0-07174500-1391713560_thumb.jpg

Lake is not staked but well travelled. 

Archived