Hand signal for last sled

GrizzlyGriff

2 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

I used this on the weekend when I met some guys on my side of the trail coming around a corner

giphy.gif

LOL...must have been the same As&clowns that were passing myself and the group in front on hills (incline) and corners.....

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, stoney said:

LOL...must have been the same As&clowns that were passing myself and the group in front on hills (incline) and corners.....

They're everywhere unfortunately...

Just now, revrnd said:

They're everywhere unfortunately...

Ya, they can be.....find myself on the defense most time approaching these spots on the trail, but like I mentioned, for me Sat was a good ride with steady traffic and the majority respecting the trails & others from a riding standpoint.

1 minute ago, stoney said:

Ya, they can be.....find myself on the defense most time approaching these spots on the trail, but like I mentioned, for me Sat was a good ride with steady traffic and the majority respecting the trails & others from a riding standpoint.

Other than 1 rider that thought him & his buddy were the only riders out @ 5 PM, everyone was behaving themselves.

15 hours ago, zoso said:

Hand signals are stupid. it is never safe to remove a hand from the bars when passing other sleds head on. I have been riding along at a mild pace and hit hidden objects that caused the sled to react and without both hands and force, the sled would have been out of control. You never know what the trail has in store for you, even on a new ribbon. Telling me what I always assume anyway, that there are sleds following you, is useless.

agreed.

2 hours ago, stoney said:

gotta shake your head

I agree that taking a hand off the bars has its risks and I might prefer control rather than information about sleds ahead.  I'm often using hand signals to benefit the riders in my own group behind me.  I want oncoming traffic to slow down and stay on side for their safety. 

6 hours ago, stoney said:

Oh listen to you 2 little Angel's. :lol:

1 hour ago, reevester said:

Oh listen to you 2 little Angel's. :lol:

Are you trying to suggest my riding style is similar to yours....:icon_munching: 

And for the record, I am an angel :Drinking2:

But seriously, even when I used to be in the "agressive RR type group", there was always a time and a place to ride that way, Sat afternoon in D7 usually was not the place.

4 minutes ago, stoney said:

Are you trying to suggest my riding style is similar to yours....:icon_munching: 

And for the record, I am an angel :Drinking2:

But seriously, even when I used to be in the "agressive RR type group", there was always a time and a place to ride that way, Sat afternoon in D7 usually was not the place.

No Thursday works better for sure. 

23 hours ago, pt3189 said:

hey SRX Chris, any chance you riding just West of Dunfords yesterday afternoon around 3 or so? My son and I met a SRX about 200 yards West of Highway 30.

Yes it was.

Figured it was. My son and I did a loop from Belmont Lake to Stoney and down to Norwood. Things were better to the North. Go0nna be a good weekend.

On 1/31/2019 at 9:09 AM, pt3189 said:

Figured it was. My son and I did a loop from Belmont Lake to Stoney and down to Norwood. Things were better to the North. Go0nna be a good weekend.

Alot better up north.  The second sled in your group was a very nice piece of equipment, pleasure passing by you!

Archived