F trail shows limited

zrtkat

AC+YA... How U doing thanks for the mileage #s, I will keep that post for future references as I love that Cambrian sheild north of the Soo...Amazing country as I tell my friends you can fly over it or you can drive up a highway and enjoy the scenery but northing compares to riding up through the Mississagi National Forest and enjoying gods green earth...Thanks for mentioning the Skiroule as my 73 had a bullet

Sorry AC+YA computer glitch clicked me out of my post as I was mentioning my 73 Skiroule RTX 340 had a 30 HP bullet proof Kohler engine that I ran on Big Red oil at a 50:1 mix.  The motor out lasted the rest of the sled...they were fond memories.

Not always the easiest or most accessible part of the country to get to. The Algoma region experienced heay record rains this fall which sometimes go un noticed untill in this tough cambrian sheild untill mankind comes accross it and notices that these beavers were building their own winter hacienda...Huh!

Hi Dan,

Rode down to Drumond Island yesterday with my daughter. Lots of snow on the trails maybe a foot or so, but still made it from Blueberry in the Goulais River to Bruce Mines on about 22 liters of fuel. Had to cut the D trail open about 3 miles north of the Garden River bridge. Big tree with 4 limbs against my fold out pruning saw. The tree almost won!

The trail has not been groomed in a while.

Great riding if you like a bit of powder on the trail.

Getting ready to head up to Flame Lake for the night.

Will take the D106 to Black Creek Outfitters and then go see what the beavers have been messing up on the F Trail.

The ice bridges are awesome this year with snow and no waves!

Drumond Island has never been better.

Customs hours are 2pm to 10pm on Friday-Sunday.

3 days per week only for US customs.

Scott

Scott

will be waiting for your report on the F trail ,still waiting for the final word on that trail ,thats the final trail of our trip , after I get your report on the trail will book my final rooms of the trip 

have fun

Greg

Looks like the F trail will be opening today  :right_on:

Yes all is well..guys went Sat and fixed water crossings and signeage at far south part of F.  finished brushing north part of F so we are good to go. Trail should be officially fully opening today...there is a small 20 km section bumpy at south end but other than that it should be beautiful!

time to make the last reservations for our trip

Zrtkat

Hi zrtkat,

We stayed at Flame Lake Lodge Saturday Night.  Rode up from Drumond Island and got gas at Black Creek.  Then rode up the last 55 miles of F Trail and found that it is all passable and all the water issues have been solved for now.  They brushed and disturbed the groomed trail, but still not too bad.  They may have it all groomed by the time you get around your big loop.

I made it from Black Creek to Flame Lake and then back to Blueberry in Goulais River before getting more gas.  I put a spare two gallon can in my XF-8000 and still had over 2 gallons left after 214 miles between gas.  It is 55 miles from Black Creek to Flame and then cutting through the D201F to Searchmont and then back to Goulais River Store was 151 miles and then up the Goulais River to Blueberry was 8 miles.  My daughter's CF-7 made it by adding her spare 3 gallon can.  She had only a gallon left.  Not bad for soft snow on the trail most of the way.

Scott

Scott

sounds good will see you tuesday

Greg

Can't wait. We will be there in a couple of weeks for our big northern ride. counting the days....

Nunz

we are leaving in the morning 10 hr drive up there, will be starting our saddlebag trip wednesday morning  trying to get everything packed and ready to roll out of here in Ohio early, I will be posting nightly on our adventures each day.

zrtkat

Thanks bud...I will look forward to hearing how it goes...take care and hope you have an amazing trip!!!

Nunz

AC+YA  Great report hope you had good weather.  Can you tell me how the conditions of the D106 was and the 10km or 6 or so miles of road running between Aubrey and Echo Bay was. Thanks again.

AC+YA  Great report hope you had good weather.  Can you tell me how the conditions of the D106 was and the 10km or 6 or so miles of road running between Aubrey and Echo Bay was. Thanks again.

The logging company has shaved the D106 pretty bad, so I was not happy that they could not leave a little base.  They just don't care that they are on a main trail.  The best is small amounts of snow which they will not bother to scrape off and can get a base back.  Other than that spot there is plenty of snow with some trees down, but ways around them.  The new D201F has the Domtar 7 miles which they scraped pretty bad last weekend, but is still my perfered way to go over.  For a day trip, the full loop is still good.

Scott

They wouldn't wing off a nice shelf up top?

Archived