another great dumping of snow coming!jeez what a great year!!!

yammahappy

Wow weather savants are calling for another nice dumping of snow(crack,for sledders),in the southern ontario sector.What a collosal year it has been.Went for a rip last night to milverton,trails were awesome,groomed nice smooth n flat.Weather savants say ,this  is apparently going to last into late march.I see sales of used snowmobiles,are going through the roof on kijiji,people are finnally starting to buy up sleds,because of the season.....We deserve this ...Big time,hey and a shout out to all the volunteers that keep us smilin...nice job guyz,and ladies!!!!!

^^ great news yammahappy. You are right we deserve this weather and "snowmobiling" needed this weather. We need more people passionate about snowmobiling and this season will definitely help. Thank you volunteers.

the value of used snowmobiles on kijiji went through the roof. when i bought mine used last year in port dover, everyone was ditching their sleds because of the horrible 2011-2012 winter. Now, my sled is worth signoficantly more if I sold it today (but I wont)

A great winter, indeed.

We're heading up to Parry Sound for a ride through North Bay, points east.

Father and son. As good as it gets. Thank you mother nature.

the meltdown a couple weekends ago killed most of the snow here in southwestern Ontario....now everything is frozen hard as a rock again but not much new snow with it...gotta head north I guess

Just got back from a 25 mile run here in Palmerston, Trails are mint! Just cold as all get out... Thumb was frozen after 20 miles...One of those days where you are afraid to open it up and pop a piston,

Just got back from a 25 mile run here in Palmerston, Trails are mint! Just cold as all get out... Thumb was frozen after 20 miles...One of those days where you are afraid to open it up

and pop a piston,

You have fresh snow for lube, I take it.

I think this year has been crappy for southern Ontario! Why do we always get 2 feet of snow followed by a huge 5 day melt a few days later and then super cold weather with little new snow! I have 200kms so far. By the weekend things should improve and hopefully the new snow stays for awhile. The temps in the west

make me nervous!

south of the 401 has been about same as last year for snow, nadda,  just colder. Hope by Saturday when she goes back together, there is enough snow to test it around the farm. Then have to put her in the trailer to the great white north. 

post-20173-0-10023100-1390538348_thumb.jpg

south of the 401 has been about same as last year for snow, nadda,  just colder. Hope by Saturday when she goes back together, there is enough snow to test it around the farm. Then have to put her in the trailer to the great white north. 

What happened?

just routine maintenance. after 11000 klicks compression was sinking around 110 each side, opened it to look inside, after cleaning measuring and remeasuring gonna put new rings in and button it up, hopefully a few more thousand klicks

just routine maintenance. after 11000 klicks compression was sinking around 110 each side, opened it to look inside, after cleaning measuring and remeasuring gonna put new rings in and button it up, hopefully a few more thousand klicks

should be ok make sure you check your ring end gap

Crap..Here we go again. All of Bruce Cty Roads are closed due to drifting and heavy snowfall. It took our groomers a week to clean up the last mess. Sledded around Sauble yesterday. Bush trails were fantastic, field trail didn't exist (blown over) ..follow the stakes

got a fresh dumping down here in Kitchener

this is fantastic

The lake effect machine was working overtime here last night...

Woke up to an easy foot of fresh powered outside today and it's still coming down. My club has been full green for 2 weeks (first time in two years) so the riding was already outstanding, this is going to make it even better..

6325B2DB-63A8-4BBF-97AB-E58FDABBEE87.jpg

F853279A-9512-43DF-9378-2752128789FE.jpg

401 is closed from Brighton to Kingston... Most of the snowplows have been pulled off the roads... Wound how upset the OPP would be with me if I took the sled for a rip down the 401.... They wouldn't stand a snowballs chance in trying to follow me :)

Archived