Carling Trails??

Yeah, we were there Sunday.  We rode the 405 west from C, but had to turn back due to some extreme washouts.  Carling needs to put some signs up.  We followed what we thought was the trail at one location and ended up at highway 400.  Only at that end was there a "Trail Closed" sign, not at the 405 end.  Also, at Week's quarry, we had a very hard time even finding where the trail went.  We finally turned back to C and rode down to Parry Sound.  Note that there's a bad horse-sh*t-filled washout on C south of the 405 junction - I needed to be towed out of that crap.

Other than p*ss-poor signage, the 400 series trails we were on were very nice.

The 400 trails were immaculate. Probably because the locals know the were really red not green as on the interactive map. In trying to match our GPS tracks to the interactive map I realized that Google Earth and, therefore, the satellite map on OFSC still has HWY 400 as two lanes leaving Parry Sound. So overpasses, underpasses etc aren't shown.

Yep I rode this Sunday in a blinding snow storm... Trails were good , but a major washout on one of trails .

On carling trail system

Yep I rode this Sunday in a blinding snow storm... Trails were good , but a major washout on one of trails .

We were out during that snowstorm.  Which washout did you encounter?  We found one on C by the horse farm, plus one we couldn't cross on trail 402 north of hwy 400.

Archived