mgooding

Planning a trip Family day weekend from Coboconk to Lake Muskoka.

Simcoe should be safe for sure by then. I was wondering if I am able to hop on Simcoe at Brechin? (It appears the trail crosses very close by).

At that point, would I be able to ride Simcoe into Lake Couchiching or does in not freeze well through Rama and Orillia?

Any input is appreciated.

Planning a trip Family day weekend from Coboconk to Lake Muskoka.  

Simcoe should be safe for sure by then.  I was wondering if I am able to hop on Simcoe at Brechin? (It appears the trail crosses very close by).  

At that point, would I be able to ride Muskoka into Lake Couching or does in not freeze well through Rama and Orillia?

Any input is appreciated.

I'm thinking you meant to say Simcoe instead of Muskoka

I'm thinking you meant to say Simcoe instead of Muskoka

Yes thank you.

Yes thank you.

Somebody more knowledgeable than I can tell you how to get through Orillia. Just don't ride through the narrows. They have too much current to freeze well.

i sledded thru coby today...basically trail 100 runs along 48 outta coby,take it to b104 which takes you to couch...fill up no gas between

Simcoe has a foot of Ice on it and is good to go. As mentioned stay away from the narrows. You could cross from Brechin and hit the rail line on the West side of Simcoe . You can follow that right to Couch. You can also just run up the East Side of Simcoe and catch the trails somewhere near McRae pt. this will keep you on the East side all the way to Couch where you can drop on to Couch to the trail on the North West end. Stay away from the washago end unless you know the ice.

RR

from where you are it is better to ride to Beaverton, get on lake there and ride the south end of the lake, way less hazards and there are some good places to see and stop,,Pressure cracks will start showing up soon,so beware.

from where you are it is better to ride to Beaverton, get on lake there and ride the south end of the lake, way less hazards and there are some good places to see and stop,,Pressure cracks will start showing up soon,so beware.

Yeah thats a good point, maybe we will go through Beaverton 1 day and Brechin the other.  We could also go up through Haliburton and across.

Archived