20140118_144741_zpsa2cf02a2.jpg

daughter found someone her size

20140118_153936_zps45d4ef17.jpg

shanty bay golf club,open thurs till sun

20140118_155215_zpsd6c063d7.jpg

this is bar side,other half is tables,will hold 80 people

20140118_160457_zpsecd41d73.jpg

good burger & fries...beer was good too

talked with half owner of place,he's a sledder :smil9: & is willing to have trail come thru course not just dead end.may organize a poker run next yr...hope all works out for them,owned place for last 3 yrs & this is 1st crack at stayin open in the winter

forgot...he's gonna make a staging area for trucks & trailers,noticed he already has fuel tanks there

Good stuff, when the kids enjoy going out riding.  We gotta drag ours out by the toenails, they always wanna get babysat by Gramma ..... works out good for us sometimes, last week the whiff & I enjoyed a 160km ride last Sunday  .....  coulda never pulled that off with the kids !

They'll remember rides like that, enjoy them while you can get 'em in !

Great pictures.

Nice to see the kids out, and good news about the Shanty Bay Golf Club.

^^ x 2 this is great news for the area. I think he picked a great winter for his first try at staying open during this season. I would like to stop by and support him. Which trail is he on?

Great post - that food looked so good, I just googled their location! Their web site has a special welcome to sledders.

Home cut fries?

yep home cut fries & sledder friendlly

^^ x 2 this is great news for the area. I think he picked a great winter for his first try at staying open during this season. I would like to stop by and support him. Which trail is he on?

on b112b & 2nd line of oro...club has made 2 nice signs at tee intersection...can't miss it...maybe you can come to the westside of simcoe this season

Near B112B

Click to enlarge:

post-22473-0-59038900-1390138058_thumb.jpg

I think I'm gonig to try to sled to this place from Gravenhurst today, unless I come across trails that are too beat up. Actually, it might make more sense on a week day. Don't ya love sledding? Just get on, point, and see where you end up.

I think I'm gonig to try to sled to this place from Gravenhurst today, unless I come across trails that are too beat up. Actually, it might make more sense on a week day. Don't ya love sledding? Just get on, point, and see where you end up.

gonna be cold next wk..

Nice pics, Good to see the kids enjoy sledding!

my son is ''little dragon'' & daughter ''wee dragon''...son thinks polaris is his...both had fun & want to go out today...o boy

Your son has the right idea ...after all you can only ride one sled at a time.. :icon_steer: LOL  

looks like you all had a good day out. Thanks for posting.

Near B112B

Click to enlarge:

attachicon.gifshanty bay golf.jpg

shanty bay golf club,open thurs till sun

That is great news!   I run that trail quite often.  Only problem is that I am up there Monday to Wednesday.  Would love to support them.  Food looks great too.

Nice pics with the kids WD.  There will be a lot of GREAT memories!

This thread was a perfect excuse for a Sunday trip. We left Gravenhurst around 915 and pulled in to Shanty Bay Golf Club at 1130, exactly half an hour before they open! Eric, the food manager, saw us looking in the window and rushed over to let us in. He was more than happy to serve us a nice hot lunch before they were officially open.

He wrote their winter hours on the lunch menu. The soup and grilled cheese were really good. I thnk perhaps the prices are a bit lower than they need to be.

I cheated on the way home and ran almost nothing except rail bed, lakes, and back roads. I need to replace my runners this week.

post-22473-0-97149900-1390162996_thumb.jpg

The golf course is near the McDonald's in Gasoline Alley. Is that a good place to get gas when sledding?

The golf course is near the McDonald's in Gasoline Alley. Is that a good place to get gas when sledding?

I always get my gas at that station when we run that area.  Sure miss the Donut place there.

yep home cut fries & sledder friendlly

on b112b & 2nd line of oro...club has made 2 nice signs at tee intersection...can't miss it...maybe you can come to the westside of simcoe this season

I love the west side. I rode the b112b to 203 and back with my little guy on Friday. Then over to "just eddies", then over to Tim's next to blue beacon, then up to c and c's, then almost made to summerland. I have to make many stops when he rides with me. Trails were great. I'd like to make it down to shanty bay next time. I think he will enjoy that ride.

This thread was a perfect excuse for a Sunday trip. We left Gravenhurst around 915 and pulled in to Shanty Bay Golf Club at 1130, exactly half an hour before they open! Eric, the food manager, saw us looking in the window and rushed over to let us in. He was more than happy to serve us a nice hot lunch before they were officially open.

He wrote their winter hours on the lunch menu. The soup and grilled cheese were really good. I thnk perhaps the prices are a bit lower than they need to be.

I cheated on the way home and ran almost nothing except rail bed, lakes, and back roads. I need to replace my runners this week.

attachicon.gif20140119_115722.jpg

You rode down to simcoe and I rode up to bracebridge. Did we pass each other? I guess you crossed the washed out section on the 204 near south sparrow lake road? My sled wasn't happy crossing.

I love the west side. I rode the b112b to 203 and back with my little guy on Friday. Then over to "just eddies", then over to Tim's next to blue beacon, then up to c and c's, then almost made to summerland. I have to make many stops when he rides with me. Trails were great. I'd like to make it down to shanty bay next time. I think he will enjoy that ride.

He probably had something to eat at each stop, right? :lol:  Great kid!

I always get my gas at that station when we run that area.  Sure miss the Donut place there.

I don't think he meant the gas station :lol:

Yes he's always hungry :-)

You rode down to simcoe and I rode up to bracebridge. Did we pass each other? I guess you crossed the washed out section on the 204 near south sparrow lake road? My sled wasn't happy crossing.

We may have passed each other - - I was riding two up on a black Arctic Cat. 

I didn't see the washed out part of 204. On the way south I ran the length of South Sparrow Lake Road down to Couch. I was planning on taking the 204 on the way back, but I was getting low on fuel, so I took a bit of 204 then ran on Cambrian Road from Brennan Line, and up South Sparrow.

• 3 weeks later...

Stopped in to the golf course today.Definately a hearty banquet burger and fries and the wife's cesar salad was certainly enough for her.Mentioned that I caught your post online about their location.He said I was the fourth to tell him today alone.Hope this bodes well for them.A good spot to stop and if they get the staging set up for next year it will be a good place to start out from.

Kerry

Archived