Huntsville area conditions

craigofudd

I would say yes for sure, as long as this amazing weather keeps up, I was shocked at the difference from last year, We have also always avoided it and went across the 88 towards Hwy 11 instead.

Nunz

Thanks Nunz ... see you out there sometime. Or at the PET ride.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry it took a little while for me to get to this but i want to say thanx to everyone who chimed in and offered up advice and suggestions. 

we rode almost 500 miles in the 3 days we were there. not quite as much as we had hoped for, but problems with 1 sled held us back a little.

aside from a few bad/rough sections (maybe 10-20 miles total), the riding was great and the trails were awesome!!

we're looking at going up again in a couple weeks. i'd like to bring my son who rides his own sled but he is only 13. he has taken his safety course and is legal to ride here in the states but i'm not 100% clear on the rules for kids his age in Ontario. maybe someone can share how that is handled.

we did about a 80 mile ride last night here at home (decent conditions), and today we got 40 degree f temps and rain all day....argh! you guys are very fortunate to have consistent temps below freezing through the winter months up there!!

not sure if the course was done in the US.  In ontario you can do the course at age 12.  so I think he's fine but not quite 100 percent sure.

On Tuesday we'll be leaving Huntsville (staying @ the Comfort Inn) for Port Loring. I'm wondering what MSR 88 (along Town Line Rd) to TOP D is like. The OFSC shows the road running as green. Is this usually plowed down to pavement or snow-covered?

I rode it Sunday and it wasn't too bad. The plows have been out chopping snow banks this week as well, should be ok. We will be running it again Sunday on our way home from ride to sand lake, I can let u know then. Take care and have fun...

I rode it Sunday and it wasn't too bad. The plows have been out chopping snow banks this week as well, should be ok. We will be running it again Sunday on our way home from ride to sand lake, I can let u know then. Take care and have fun...

OK Thanks for the help.

LOL. I just pm'd Nunz that exact same question two minutes ago!

We rode all the 80 series yesterday and they were excellent , but did not do 88 

We rode all the 80 series yesterday and they were excellent , but did not do 88 

Its been awhile Muskoka Man since you've posted on here!

havent been in the saddle for 2 weeks , work was getting in the way , bunch or us heading to haliburton tomorrow

Archived