Huntsville area conditions

craigofudd

You sure you typed that right? On my sled when I give it gas, the headlight gets brighter. That makes sense though: the higher the engine rpm the more current is being induced in the alternator, thus providing more voltage to areas such as headlights. 

Yep all my apex sleds the headlights dim when you open the throttle full.They dont go out they just dim a little It is so the EFI works properly with a reserve of electricity as I understand it.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 statorsreplaced in the last year right after the yamaheaters installed new stators everything perfect no issues all good 

WB-  Just curious...... were the actual stators bad (ie-open or shorted windings)  or did the crank position sensor in that assembly crap out resulting in no start?

Thanks,

whit

We did a little frostbite ride today , left pt sydney and up D to the seguin , everything was a white carpet through here , the seguin in both directions were tabletop , went into sprucedale for gas and headed back ,alittle cool today on the rail trail ,back down D and took a right and down 37 which is now groomed up frozen and ready to go, looks like 33 is good to go this is the trail leading to Jimmy Hatz restaurant ,we then got back on D at the bottom of 37 and down into bracebridge , snobombers have there section groomed to perfection also , not wanting to sound like a broken record here but trails are the best condition ive seen in 10 years , eveything will be ready for lots of riders this weekend , 160 k afternoon run,puts my total at 2000 ks for this season , going to be one for the record books , hardly any trailering this season  

We did a little frostbite ride today , left pt sydney and up D to the seguin , everything was a white carpet through here , the seguin in both directions were tabletop , went into sprucedale for gas and headed back ,alittle cool today on the rail trail ,back down D and took a right and down 37 which is now groomed up frozen and ready to go, looks like 33 is good to go this is the trail leading to Jimmy Hatz restaurant ,we then got back on D at the bottom of 37 and down into bracebridge , snobombers have there section groomed to perfection also , not wanting to sound like a broken record here but trails are the best condition ive seen in 10 years , eveything will be ready for lots of riders this weekend , 160 k afternoon run,puts my total at 2000 ks for this season , going to be one for the record books , hardly any trailering this season

awesome cant wait!

WB-  Just curious...... were the actual stators bad (ie-open or shorted windings)  or did the crank position sensor in that assembly crap out resulting in no start?

Thanks,

whit

1 of three phases failed in each stator gave the old ones to the customer and told them to hold on to them they may need the trigger later 

a little cool today on the rail trail

Too cool for penguins, then?

great to hear trails are mint...may head up that way tomorrow...thx for report

It's gonna be a great weekend of riding, my brother is coming up and gonna ride all over Muskoka all weekend..

Thank MM nice report!   

So do you think DYW will update their trails to more green?   We have been on them for weeks now, and other then the odd washout from that last thaw it seems to me those should all be green. 

Also, hoping they get 83 open as its a nice way to loop back home and not have to run D entirely both ways.   I know there is a section on 83 that flooded out from the thaw but that must be froze solid with minus 37c!

Great to hear 37/33 are looking good.....I want to run those down into Port Carling sometime soon, then loop back up C to Parry Sound and across seguin, thought that would be a fun loop to do, and then i can get out on Lake Joe to see that , all new for me over that way.

Dan

Dan, I took a drive by yesterday and the 88 trail that runs alongside Townline is pretty much all trail now, I would say there was about less than 100 yards of road running tops, Once you get to Brunel Road it is all groomed right into Fairy Lake with no road running at all.

Thinking thats gonna a be out new way out towards Deerhurst for now.

Nunz

Dan, I took a drive by yesterday and the 88 trail that runs alongside Townline is pretty much all trail now, I would say there was about less than 100 yards of road running tops, Once you get to Brunel Road it is all groomed right into Fairy Lake with no road running at all.

Nunz

I sure hope so!!! Let's keep that one on the down low. D102B north and south is GOD AWFUL!

1 of three phases failed in each stator gave the old ones to the customer and told them to hold on to them they may need the trigger later 

Thanks WB.  Good idea since that sensor failure is not that uncommon.  Seemed like '06 Ape's were most susceptible, kinda like the drive shafts.

Nunz

haha!  me too!

I just went to town(truck) and also saw they groomed the BANK on the steep part at bottom of townline rd (trail 88 between Fairy lk and hwy11)  This is awesome cause the past few winters this has often been a mess, its a tough spot and often nasty running from Hwy 11(on 88) to fairy lake, so this year sounds great,and the lake is staked too!

This will be your ticket to get down to deerhurst or LOB fast for you....also remember you got crappy tire for fuel if you want nice and easy!

BTW, i think we got a plan for tomorrow(friday) so if you are free let me know, but I think you are waiting  for your new sled pickup on sat if i recall.  Maybe we will see ya at chili cookoff?    Watch for my orange 800x, luckily there are alot less orange ones around then yellow or black, so people seem to be able to find me at least!

Dan

I sure hope so!!! Let's keep that one on the down low. D102B north and south is GOD AWFUL!

Sunday I ran all of 102 above and below deerhurst, and it was all groomed perfect to a tee!.    Maybe this year with this great base they will be able to keep up with it better above deerhurst with all those rocks in there and lots of traffic its a tough area from resort to hwy 60. 

BTW, has anyone seen the YAMAHA trailer just past hwy 60 at the bottom of the old airstrip?  Im wondering if maybe they will have demo rides soon?  Just not sure what the trailer was all about.

Dan

haha!  me too!

I just went to town(truck) and also saw they groomed the BANK on the steep part at bottom of townline rd (trail 88 between Fairy lk and hwy11)  This is awesome cause the past few winters this has often been a mess, its a tough spot and often nasty running from Hwy 11(on 88) to fairy lake, so this year sounds great,and the lake is staked too!

This will be your ticket to get down to deerhurst or LOB fast for you....also remember you got crappy tire for fuel if you want nice and easy!

BTW, i think we got a plan for tomorrow(friday) so if you are free let me know, but I think you are waiting  for your new sled pickup on sat if i recall.  Maybe we will see ya at chili cookoff?    Watch for my orange 800x, luckily there are alot less orange ones around then yellow or black, so people seem to be able to find me at least!

Dan

We are picking the new sled up first thing in the am and are going to ride around all over, we will be making our way to the Chili cook off for sure, I'm working Friday, but off Sat and Sunday.. I will look for you for sure, we were thinking possibly a ride down to Gravenhurst Sunday but are pretty much open to where to go on Sunday, Its my brothers only time he will get to ride this winter. I know he can't wait to try the new sled as well.

See ya Saturday!!!

Nunz

We are picking the new sled up first thing in the am and are going to ride around all over, we will be making our way to the Chili cook off for sure, I'm working Friday, but off Sat and Sunday.. I will look for you for sure, we were thinking possibly a ride down to Gravenhurst Sunday but are pretty much open to where to go on Sunday, Its my brothers only time he will get to ride this winter. I know he can't wait to try the new sled as well.

See ya Saturday!!!

Nunz

Some guys have been talking about running down d101b(from the chili cookoff) toward dorset, and down raven and popping off to sherborne lake, then across to Little hawk lake. I have not been down that way this year but its always a great ride down there, and its fairly fast to get to, and little hawk resort has always had great food.   Then ofcourse if its late coming back LOB is the fast way.  

As for Sunday, funny you mention gravenhurst, We have been wanting to run down thru baysville, to WOOD LAKE, and loop into gravenhurst.....We are actually planning this tentatively for sunday.  Then after a pizza at boston pizza at the wharf, we can either run lake muskoka home if time is short, or D trail home if we have more time....that ride sunday will be fantastic, and If you would like to go this way that would be great, we could hookup for sunday for sure.  

Shoot me a PM anytime if you want to hammer out plans

Dan

Some guys have been talking about running down d101b(from the chili cookoff) toward dorset, and down raven and popping off to sherborne lake, then across to Little hawk lake. I have not been down that way this year but its always a great ride down there, and its fairly fast to get to, and little hawk resort has always had great food.   Then ofcourse if its late coming back LOB is the fast way.  

As for Sunday, funny you mention gravenhurst, We have been wanting to run down thru baysville, to WOOD LAKE, and loop into gravenhurst.....We are actually planning this tentatively for sunday.  Then after a pizza at boston pizza at the wharf, we can either run lake muskoka home if time is short, or D trail home if we have more time....that ride sunday will be fantastic, and If you would like to go this way that would be great, we could hookup for sunday for sure.  

Shoot me a PM anytime if you want to hammer out plans

Dan

I will be running on the Dwight express up to Kearney (never been)

You will have a blast Aaron have fun buddy.. are you stopping by the chili fest?

Dan, Pm sent to ya..

Nunz

ok, keep your eyes open for me and I will for you, probally see you out there sometime.

Cheers!!!

Nunz

ok, keep your eyes open for me and I will for you, probally see you out there sometime.

Cheers!!!

Nunz

will do!

Nunz

I have avoided that section of **trail** for years. Are you saying you can actually get thru there without it costing a set of carbides now? 

Can we get to chili fest before 11am?   I guess we can just hangout if we do.   I hope to get up there by 11am myself.  Its always tougher when getting everyone together so If i end up alone ill be there earlier for sure..lol

Dan

I have avoided that section of **trail** for years. Are you saying you can actually get thru there without it costing a set of carbides now? 

I would say yes for sure, as long as this amazing weather keeps up, I was shocked at the difference from last year, We have also always avoided it and went across the 88 towards Hwy 11 instead.

Nunz

Thank MM nice report!   

So do you think DYW will update their trails to more green?   We have been on them for weeks now, and other then the odd washout from that last thaw it seems to me those should all be green. 

Also, hoping they get 83 open as its a nice way to loop back home and not have to run D entirely both ways.   I know there is a section on 83 that flooded out from the thaw but that must be froze solid with minus 37c!

Great to hear 37/33 are looking good.....I want to run those down into Port Carling sometime soon, then loop back up C to Parry Sound and across seguin, thought that would be a fun loop to do, and then i can get out on Lake Joe to see that , all new for me over that way.

Dan

Im quoting myself, sorry LOL.

Just saw DYW for the most part all went GREEN....bout time since these have been very nice for awhile...great job!

and 83 is green too, great loop back down from sprucedale for me!

Dan

Archived