Orillia to Baysville On B

WeBeSleddin

Glad to have a reason to post again on the forum.  Its has been a few years as I have been "out of town" AKA no sled to ride.  Now I've got a ride and an itchy throttle finger:) :hyper:

Hoping to make a run next week from Orillia (couch) to baysville up B.  I noticed that Snowcrest has removed the old B trail through Barkway from the online Map.  Is this gone for good?  If so what a shame... Do people still ride it?  Is trail 3 the only option?

According to the interactive map, the Orillia Club has the B Trail opened from the lake to the Snowcrest junction, any ideas when the Snowcrest section of B south will open?

Thanks in advance for any info...

WeBeSledding... again. 

x2

That's a ride we were looking at as well.

Basically, east side of Lake Couchiching and up.

(Welcome back, WBS)

couch is now staked,rode B from orillia to sebright & it was amazing...

Thanks, WD.

Glad to have a reason to post again on the forum.  Its has been a few years as I have been "out of town" AKA no sled to ride.  Now I've got a ride and an itchy throttle finger:) :hyper:

Hoping to make a run next week from Orillia (couch) to baysville up B.  I noticed that Snowcrest has removed the old B trail through Barkway from the online Map.  Is this gone for good?  If so what a shame... Do people still ride it?  Is trail 3 the only option?

According to the interactive map, the Orillia Club has the B Trail opened from the lake to the Snowcrest junction, any ideas when the Snowcrest section of B south will open?

Thanks in advance for any info...

WeBeSledding... again. 

Welcome back WBS !!

B through Lewisham and up the "Barkway Parkway" is lost.  Terrible Shame.  Yes, there are still some tracks and some still ride through there but from D&B to Lewisham is a rough ride.  Trail 3 is the official alternative but it sure ain't the same pleasure. 

No word, yet, on when the Snowcrest section of B from the Black River north to Kahshe will be open.  Hopefully really soon !

Be in Orillia on Feb. 1 , will have to give this a trip ..

Thanks for the info STG.

That is too bad about the old B trail/ Barkway parkway (love that name - who woulda thunk that a mellow place like barkway had a parkway). If I recall correctly, there was a section of that trail that ran through a huge red pine plantation - felt like you were in a tunnel... Very cool. Similar to the feeling you get on trail 5 after a snowfall when you run through the cedars.

(BTW is 5 going to open up soon?)

Went for a short ride last week, but still itching to rack up some miles... Soon.

Archived