NRSA - Snowmobile Poker Run

We are having our 3rd annual snowmobile poker run on Saturday February 1st, registration is at the Chalk River Rink Hut starting at 9am, near the Chalk River Lion Hall.  Breakfast is available at the Chalk River Lions Hall from 8 to 11.  Please contract Karen (karencrain@sympatico.ca) or Rosalee (boucherrose@hotmail.ca), come out & support this fundraising event, all proceeds go back into our trail system!  

I have never done a sled Poker Run, many ATV ones though!  

My questions are:

What distance do you cover, how many check points, average participant #'s, entry fee and prize info.

I enjoyed a great 240km trip around the side trails of of the A by Chalk, Deep and Rolphton yesterday, thank you.

The ride is going to be a little shorter this year because of the parkline portion of  132 not being open due to the big wind storm last fall.  The poker run is being run in conjunction with the Chalk River Winter Carnival, the run will include the A-trail to Deep River, then down the 131/132 intersection, down 132 to 134, back the 132 then down heading west on the 131 till the 131/A-trail intersection at Fountain Lake, then back to the A-trail. There will be a check point/hot dog stand on the trails, plus you can make you ride a little longer if you like.  Entry fee is $15.00 and prizes are 1st is 25% of entry fees , 2nd is 15% of entry fees, 3rd prize is 10% of entry fees. Poker run proceeds go the NRSA trail improvements.  Plus you can purchase $2.00 (carnival button) to entry the winter carnival & changes to win prizes.

• 3 weeks later...

Sure was a great time on the poker run on Saturday, we had 56 people register!  Winner were 1st - Nelson Childs, 2nd - Andrew Chaffe, 3rd - Andre Brabant.  Thanks to all who came out to make the poker run a great time & success!

Archived