Mad Musher is Open

Laughing Moose

I thought I would start this thread, because the title of the previous one is rather deceiving.  The MM is open - was there on December 26th, which was apparently their opening day for the winter season.

As per previous thread, MM is open Dec 26th to January 6th inclusive, then Friday - Sunday through rest of winter.  Hope this is accurate. 

The Hideaway is closed for the winter. There is a little place towards the Foodland on the north side of Hwy 620 that is a breaky & lunch place. I can't confirm if it's open for the winter.

Rev - you are referring to the Piano Eatery - it is indeed a breakfast/lunch place operated by local people.  Open seven days a week, as far as I know.  Proprietors - Kim and Linda.

Also, consider the Old Schoolhouse "Teahouse" in Ormsby.  A one-room school converted to a modest restaurant.  Absolutely full of memorabilia, and a very interesting place to visit.  Not sure of the hours etc.  Take old Hastings Road North, off of the Coe Hill to Highway 62 track-bed trail.  Cross Highway 62 and the Teahouse is just over the knoll.  Can't be more than 500 feet from where you get off the trail. 

Rev - you are referring to the Piano Eatery - it is indeed a breakfast/lunch place operated by local people.  Open seven days a week, as far as I know.  Proprietors - Kim and Linda.

Not sure of the name. I just know it's a little white or beige place on the north side. I have heard of the Piano Eatery, not sure where it is though. I was thru there in Nov' but it was @ night & I wasn't thinking of the establishments.

Old Piano Restaurant used to be called the Country Kitchen.  North side of street, to the west of the legion.  Very easy access off E trail running behind Coe Hill.  Nice folks running the place, and they'll let you play the piano. 

Old Piano Restaurant used to be called the Country Kitchen.  North side of street, to the west of the legion.  Very easy access off E trail running behind Coe Hill.  Nice folks running the place, and they'll let you play the piano. 

OK that's the place!

They used to let the guests play the piano @ the Twin Lakes north of Havelock. It's for sale if anyone has a spare $800,000 laying around, it's yours.

$800,000.  Hmm - that's about $200,000 per "motel" unit.  Aw yes, the Twin Lakes Hotel.  Re piano - probably had trouble finding guests that didn't have broken knuckles.  Fond memories of years gone by.  Stroll in, stay awhile, enjoy the fisticuffs. 

$800,000.  Hmm - that's about $200,000 per "motel" unit.  Aw yes, the Twin Lakes Hotel.  Re piano - probably had trouble finding guests that didn't have broken knuckles.  Fond memories of years gone by.  Stroll in, stay awhile, enjoy the fisticuffs. 

sounds like the irish house

• 1 month later...

So the Mad Musher is only open on Fridays and Saturdays? That sucks. My wife and I will be in Barry's Bay during the week for our annual snowmobile trip and we were planning on doing the loop with the MM for lunch one day. We are sledding Tuesday through Thursday. Can't do that if it's closed.

I always wonder why people don't post their hours on their websites. It is just bad business to not give your potential customers the information they need.

If they are closed during the week is there anywhere else near there to get a decent lunch during the week?

So the Mad Musher is only open on Fridays and Saturdays? That sucks. My wife and I will be in Barry's Bay during the week for our annual snowmobile trip and we were planning on doing the loop with the MM for lunch one day. We are sledding Tuesday through Thursday. Can't do that if it's closed.

I always wonder why people don't post their hours on their websites. It is just bad business to not give your potential customers the information they need.

If they are closed during the week is there anywhere else near there to get a decent lunch during the week?

Try Spectacle Lake Lodge off the B trail about 10 KM east of Madawaska,or you could do a loop to Lake St Peter and have lunch at the Porterville Diner,good food,clean and friendly,check out there web site and read her blogs,funny sometimes.

Had lunch there Saturday was very good.

Get there early because as I left the placed filled to the max.

Food was very good I recommend the Rueben sandwich

Try Spectacle Lake Lodge off the B trail about 10 KM east of Madawaska,or you could do a loop to Lake St Peter and have lunch at the Porterville Diner,good food,clean and friendly,check out there web site and read her blogs,funny sometimes.

I agree with Dufftom. Spectacle Lake Lodge and Porterville Diner are 2 of my favourites.  

I agree with Dufftom. Spectacle Lake Lodge and Porterville Diner are 2 of my favourites.  

Since it is unknown if MM is open during the week for food we will probably stop at Porterville Diner on our clockwise loop. That way we take B back to BB.

I found MM's website so I'm going to email them directly and stop trying to hijack this thread.

So the word direct from the Mad Musher themselves as of the day of this post is:

We are now open during the week for lunch, our hours Monday to Thursday 11am to 4pm  Friday 11am to 9pm

thanks,
steve

When you cross the bridge in Whitney, the gas station is a RESTAURANT also. Eat there lots, food is good.

Archived