Holland Landing snowmobile club

z1turbo

Does anybody have any info why the Holland landing S.C folded.  I notice their trails are no longer the interactive maps and no stakes on their trails.

Couple reasons I was given, second hand information so......

Lack of membership

Trails in area closing due to a sewage treatment plant and expanding industrial area.

Number one reason never any snow either. Let me guess, now there is 2.5 feet of snow.

Probably the 404 extension doesn't help.  Also the whole area is in process of expansion due to water treatment plant various sub-divisions.

But at the same time there is a lot of open farmer fields and protected wooded area with trails.  Maybe the club could utilize these areas.  What a year to fold, there is a lot of snow here this early in season.  I hope this is only a temporary closure.  I hope the club is working on opening new trails and talking to landowners for use of there land.  This could be a good thing to the Holland Landing community, a total restructure of trails and getting back on the grid should be the main priority at this time.

I'm told that the club is done.

Some trails may reopen next year if reroutes can be acheived and the neighbouring club agrees to take over those trails.

There are plenty of reasons to speculate as to what all happenned to cause the closure. Only the executive know for sure.

• 4 weeks later...

The Holland Landing Snowmobile Club is still alive, but not in the eyes of the OFSC.  In my opinion without having someone on our side inside the OFSC executive we were doomed in our request

Here is what happened

In an attempt to leave the HSSZ grooming association some procedural and timing errors were made by the club in the application to be a stand alone permit buying entity with the OFSC which resulted in the club not having trail permits credited to the clubs required 50 permits.  The association would not assign the permits sales or would they give permits to the club, effectively making the club ineligible to remain a member of the OFSC.  At that point the HSSZ came in and seized all trail related equipment and took over the catchment area for permit sale. So after over 40 years the Holland Landing Snowmobile club is no longer associated directly with the OFSC, which was absolutely no help in mediating the separation of the club from the zone

The club had secured reroutes around the 404 and future construction of the waste water treatment plant and had right of ways to increase access to Holland Landing and the club house which was a popular staging area for people trailering in.

The people who have lost are the people of Holland Landing who no longer have safe trails to use without trailering.  Please direct your concerns to the Huronia Southern Snowmobile Zone and/or the district governor, Marni Smith

The club has thrown their support behind the Dufferin Drift Busters, selling permits and doing what we can to help the club out

James Scott

VP  Holland Landing S.C.

Blackstar, I would be happy to provide you with a first hand account so you can post the facts.

Very sad really. We are all sled heads it is a shame that a compromise could not have been found

would have gladly bought permit from them had i know...is a shame ofsc went in & dismantled a working club,when surrounded by  clubs that could have helped...

would have gladly bought permit from them had i know...is a shame ofsc went in & dismantled a working club,when surrounded by  clubs that could have helped...

The OFSC did not dismantle the club. They and their association did it all by themselves.

The OFSC did not dismantle the club. They and their association did it all by themselves.

well they sure didn't help them out in any way...sounds like the association threw them the anchor

FFC = Download to District

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old post, but there were a lot of untruths in this post.

This club did not follow the guidance they were given by the OFSC and the District and would not accept more than reasonable offers that were made by the association.

Their VP states they are now supporting Dufferin Drift busters, does everyone realize that Dufferin is now a member of the grooming association Holland Landing pulled out of?

Was there a bigger plan in their minds? Seems they have sold the building they were in (April 2017)? Where will all that money go? to the few remaining members? Someone should let sledders know.

Will it support snowmobiling?

Archived