Top C between Port Severn and Seguin

lakejoe

Anyone know why this stretch is still closed? Certainly not from lack of snow.

Any updates on the area would be appreciated.

FromMemories north it is open limited south of that I imagine waterholes are an issue

Bill: are any of the guys from that club south of Memories on this forum?

Curious if it really is just water holes (which are hopefully being worked on) or bigger issues.

Have you heard of any work happening south of you? Seems like the Top C is a fairly critical connection here.

Bill: are any of the guys from that club south of Memories on this forum?

Curious if it really is just water holes (which are hopefully being worked on) or bigger issues.

Have you heard of any work happening south of you? Seems like the Top C is a fairly critical connection here.

I have been pretty busy with my own issues you can reach the Six Star guys through the PSSD site www.pssd.ca

We have about 2 km south of Memories and are trying to pack and freeze a swamp.

Is that right on the C?

The summer traffic has detonated the trails around Mactier even we have had issues were non existed before from the mud getting torn up and making it soup.

That's an issue every year though, isn't it? The Summer traffic always rips those trails up. I'm surprised with all this snow that it's still an issue.

I'll be up on Boxing Day and can lend a hand if needed.

That's an issue every year though, isn't it? The Summer traffic always rips those trails up. I'm surprised with all this snow that it's still an issue.

I'll be up on Boxing Day and can lend a hand if needed.

wet year means it is a bigger issue

wet year means it is a bigger issue

That is a real problem in the Port Severn area for C as well. Just an example of some of the challenges we have had with water....C trail south of Port Severn to Coldwater had two beaver dams which totally flooded out part of our trail and would have made it impassable for this winter. We had to bring in a trapper to catch the beaver. Six or more of them if I recall correctly and then equipment to dismantle the dams and drain the water. Combine that with the just plain wet season and you have problems. There are a number of we spots going north on C as well. The top end of Six Mile Lake where C and 11A meet is marshy and slow to freeze up as well.

Down near Port Severn we have lots of snow indeed.. We have some trails listed as Limited, but water crossing aren't ready yet (lakes aren't safe just yet) and we have several big trees down laying over our C-trail north of 6 mile Provincial park which will take some serious man hours to get past... With it being Christmas holidays its difficult to get those volunteers to part with family... Snow welll over my knees in some of the toughest terrain.... 

North of us the clubs have serious swamps that will suck in a groomer in a split second, they are treading lightly.

We are working on it... 

Might be heading out tomorrow starting in Barrie and planning to ride to the Midland area.

Any good places to stop for lunch?

Probably looking at starting on the C trail out of Barrie, doesn't look like you can do a loop yet!!

Archived