Conditions Update

Roweboat70

Trail managers are finishing staking some areas that still had crops. Signage inspections have started and we should see some of the trails starting to be groomed and moving to limited shortly. Still require more snow for some areas, like plowed fields, etc. I know everyone is eager to get out, but please refer to the OFSC interactive map for trail availability. Respect Landowners and stay off closed trails.

-Roweboat

• 2 weeks later...

Good news, most of the Mount Forest area trails are been updated to limited availability. Currently 388 to 607, 406 to 409 and 406 to Hwy 89 are still closed, but are very close to opening also. Be alert for groomers on trails that are listed as limited availability. Volunteers having been working hard with land owners, clearing trees and getting signage up and inspected to open the trails.  Please check the OFSC interactive trail guide before heading out.

Please ride safe and respect land owners.

Good news, most of the Mount Forest area trails are been updated to limited availability. Currently 388 to 607, 406 to 409 and 406 to Hwy 89 are still closed, but are very close to opening also. Be alert for groomers on trails that are listed as limited availability. Volunteers having been working hard with land owners, clearing trees and getting signage up and inspected to open the trails.  Please check the OFSC interactive trail guide before heading out.

Please ride safe and respect land owners.

Morning update: trail 388 to 607 status has change from closed to limited. So now you can get from Mount Forest to Dundalk.

Edited by Roweboat70

• 3 years later...

i know this is an old thread, but rode a couple days age from teviotdale to to durham, and i can't remember running that much road before. has there been alot of trail lost on the east side of hwy6?

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 2:05 PM, ToSlow said:

i know this is an old thread, but rode a couple days age from teviotdale to to durham, and i can't remember running that much road before. has there been alot of trail lost on the east side of hwy6?

Talked with a volunteer and landowner from Mount Forest. He is majorly POed with the pipes. He is saying if there isn't a stop to them there probably will be more road running. Anyway, preaching to the choir here probably.

• Like 2

pipes should be illegal.leave them stock on trails

Edited by wrightonalan

38 minutes ago, wrightonalan said:

pipes should be illegal.leave them stock on trails

They are illegal under the MSVA

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

They are illegal under the MSVA

Please tell that to the clown with the loud black  XC500 towing a closed in caboose up the side of the highway in front of my house on the weekend. At least he was going warp speed so the loudest part didn't last long for me. I hope the kids in the caboose were impressed cause I wasn't.

Rant done

• Like 2

Why anyone would want to listen to an obnoxiously loud exhaust all day is beyond me. 

There are plenty of Quiet mufflers now available that are hardly distinguishable from stock but those don't seem to be the choice.

I was standing at the counter of Royal a couple of weeks ago and the guy beside me asks for a muffler for a '13 800 Etec." I want the MBRP because I hear its louder " he says....

Oh boy....lol

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

Fast boats on the lake seem to leave a sonic boom behind them. I wonder if it's as loud in the boat/ on the sled as around them. 

Occasional sonic boom in our kitchen. I'll ask her if she hears herself when I gather the courage. "Bill wants to know". :-P

• Like 1

Ya   and apparently the asshats are on it with the pipes past an Old Order Mennonite church on a Sunday.  That is what my buddy is really POed about.  We all know they own a lot of land we are able to ride on      FOR NOW!!!!

7 hours ago, Canuck said:

Fast boats on the lake seem to leave a sonic boom behind them. I wonder if it's as loud in the boat/ on the sled as around them. 

Occasional sonic boom in our kitchen. I'll ask her if she hears herself when I gather the courage. "Bill wants to know". :-P

So how is that couch for sleeping on

Just wondering if you can still park and unload behind the Spot Restaurant on Hwy 6? 

Been a while sense we trailered there.

Edited by Sledguy74

Yes you can.

Excellent thanks for letting me know

63 miles today, not a big loop we didn't start till 10

trails from Tevoitdale to Mount Forest were a bit choppy but ok

Palmerston trails were not bad at all, grooming had heard up despite the traffic. 

thx to the clubs for all their hard work

Every parking lot on Tevoitdale was packed with trucks and trailers.....

Apparently there was a cow wandering the trail west of Mount Forest but we didn't see anything

That cow wonders free, never leaves the field it grazes in, anyone reading this tread it is the first farm just west of the spot resturant that the trail runs through. the owner is nice enough to let the trail run behind he farm so please do not try chasing the cow on your sled

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ToSlow said:

That cow wonders free, never leaves the field it grazes in, anyone reading this tread it is the first farm just west of the spot resturant that the trail runs through. the owner is nice enough to let the trail run behind he farm so please do not try chasing the cow on your sled

What he said!

Never seen the cow but trails toward durham had lots of snow,just stay off main trails .Did a awesome 200 km loop yesterday.

• 4 years later...

The B202 was just magic today, the part south of Mount Forest .