SNOWCREST TRAILS 2013 & 2014

2bsledding

Thanks for everyone's efforts. 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounds like we had at least three different groups out working on Saturday. I helped Pat ( then Steve arrived after being a lumberjack on 3) for about 5 hours - and then got it 150 KM's of riding! Looking forward to seeing all of our trails in the green status - especially with the significant amount of snow + squalls this week! Excellent work everyone!

Great work, everyone.  Thanks for your efforts!

SATURDAY MORNING....................

OPEN FOR BUSINESS !

IMG-20140104-00255_zpse78e6d3f.jpg

Awesome work guys.

OPEN FOR BUSINESS !

Thanks to everyone's efforts on Kashe Lk, this trail has now gone GREEN!!!. We'll have more go green within a day or two once we get parts for our lighter groomer (PB100) and get it back on the trails. We have a few areas that we need to make a couple of passes with the lighter groomer, before we attempt them with the larger tractors.

OFSC Taboo business signs are on order. Taboo was given the ok to put up temp signs. We made up some Snowcrest Trail 16 signs with arrows today but still need to get someone to put them up. 

They're up now, along with the "stop ahead" and "stop" signs for those traveling to D from 16.

post-22473-0-92811100-1389052212_thumb.jpg

post-22473-0-33292500-1389052243_thumb.jpg

Hey I resemble that guy on the right.

You are a good man Ian.   :right_on:    I am hoping to get up there on the 13th.  Hopefully the hubbies back is better.

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent news. I heard that the Snowcrest Groomers have been out on the Snowbombers trails every night this week! Is this true?

Excellent news. I heard that the Snowcrest Groomers have been out on the Snowbombers trails every night this week! Is this true?

Oh I hope that it is.

Who's going to be up this weekend? I'm going to try and have the sleds ready for Sunday and Monday. Anyone know why trail 7 in Uffington is closed. We use that to get to everywhere, thanks.

Who's going to be up this weekend? I'm going to try and have the sleds ready for Sunday and Monday. Anyone know why trail 7 in Uffington is closed. We use that to get to everywhere, thanks.

I was wondering the same thing when I was down that way. The Club says they have a groomer down waiting for parts and that they are double shifting their other groomer to look after 2 large areas. They said they hope to have it open Sunday or Monday. 

The only sections of Snobombers trails that Snowcrest is grooming is D trail from Kilty Switch to the floating bridge and B trail from hwy 118 to Wood Lk. We are just helping out same as MSR has helped Snowcrest out in the past. Everyone working together! 

The only sections of Snobombers trails that Snowcrest is grooming is D trail from Kilty Switch to the floating bridge and B trail from hwy 118 to Wood Lk. We are just helping out same as MSR has helped Snowcrest out in the past. Everyone working together! 

As it should be 

always nice to hear...thx

Great to hear of the clubs working together.  Keep up the good work Snowcrest!!

Great to hear of the clubs working together.  Keep up the good work Snowcrest!!

Snowcrest website now shows trails 9, 10, 12, 14, and C101D GREEN!!! Request has been sent to update this info on the OFSC Interactive Guide when it is available again.

WOO HOO great job folks!

WOO HOO great job folks!

Trail 15 is now green and Sparrow Lk is Staked. Trail 4 is ready as well. Loop completed! Interactive Guide likely won't be updated until Monday though, but Snowcrest website shows the changes. Hope you bring the sled for the sled draw to our Pancake Brunch next Saturday out at the Walker's Point Community Ctr. Hopefully we can sell more tickets for such a good cause. Beside's, I could use a new sled.    

Myself and the sled will be there Bob assuming I don't get lost, lmao

Trail 15 is now green and Sparrow Lk is Staked. Trail 4 is ready as well. Loop completed! Interactive Guide likely won't be updated until Monday though, but Snowcrest website shows the changes. Hope you bring the sled for the sled draw to our Pancake Brunch next Saturday out at the Walker's Point Community Ctr. Hopefully we can sell more tickets for such a good cause. Beside's, I could use a new sled.    

He guys.  We finally went out today for a little rip.  And I mean little.  We only did just about 70 miles, but all in all the trails were nice.  Only thing I want to warn everyone about is on trail 15.  A little over 1 mile from Silver Pines going north to Gravenhurst there is a tree hanging across the trail with enough branches on it to become an issue.   Not complaining just wish I had a chainsaw or some yellow caution tape for it.  At night time it could be a big issue.  Anyways all the lakes, Sparrow and Muldrew were awesome.  Trails were great.  Thanks again Snowcrest and Muskoka Snobombers.  It was chilly out there.  LOL  Not complaining just glad to be out finally.  Was able to try out my wasp camera which worked AWESOME!!!!!  What a great Christmas gift.

Also on a side note.  I can see all the work that has gone into getting those trails all opened up again.   WOW there is a lot of trees off to the side.  Good job as usual guys.  :icon_clapclap:

OPEN FOR BUSINESS !

I definitely know the guy on the left. Is his name Royce? 

Archived