No updates in Mount Forest ??

firecat7

Find it hard to believe there are no posts in here,or is nobody from that area?

There isn't much snow left. Everything is really iced up. Provabily lots of tree's and branches across trail in some sections.

There isn't much snow left. Everything is really iced up. Provabily lots of tree's and branches across trail in some sections.

In Mount Forest? Are you sure?

In Mount Forest? Are you sure?

Drove up that way yesterday! Wasn't allot of snow in fields. I don't think they had much more snow, then what we have here in Kitchener. What is on the ground in auburn?

Drove up that way yesterday! Wasn't allot of snow in fields. I don't think they had much more snow, then what we have here in Kitchener. What is on the ground in auburn?

Terrible stay away!

Was that Mount Forest Ontario you were near? Either wet in swamps or rock hard in fields. Shouldn't be long. I think they missed the heavy rain/sleet/freezy stuff yesterday

From what I can see we've still got a fair bit of snow, didn't get as much ice as farther south, actually got a bit of snow. Most of the fields are bare cause its always windy up here. Trail are still a ways off, need a good storm or some more snow squalls

my brother lives in mt forest...i'll try to get his wife to sign on & give some reports...

Well this is more like It !!!! Mount forest and area is great for sledding,,I knew it wouldn't take long to get this thread moving.

Keep the posts/updates coming peeps.

Firecat7, we just added the Mount Forest Drifters sub forum recently, but plan on updating fairly frequently. Trail managers are finishing staking and signage inspections, but still need more snow, the good news is that we have a good start. I will post updates as the trails begin to open.

See you on trails !!

-Roweboat

Well as I look at the Trailmap tonite, it looks like Mount forest is inches away from opening,,,looking for a launch point for a day ride tomorrow,,any local drop point when it finally does come?

There is a plowed parking lot across from the Spot Restaurant that is a popular drop spot.

Its just north of Mount Forest on hwy #6 on the right. Trail crosses the road right there. That section of trail is still shown closed right now.

A bit farther up #6 is the Mount Forest Golf course. I haven't parked there but they are sled friendly as the trail crosses through the property.

Good news, most of the Mount Forest area trails are been updated to limited availability. Currently 388 to 607, 406 to 409 and 406 to Hwy 89 are still closed, but are very close to opening also. Be alert for groomers on trails that are listed as limited availability. Volunteers having been working hard with land owners, clearing trees and getting signage up and inspected to open the trails.  Please check the OFSC interactive trail guide before heading out. Please ride safe and respect land owners.

• 4 weeks later...

All Mount Forest Drifters trails just went from "Limited Availability" to "Available" or GREEN on the OFSC Interactive map. :right_on:

Conditions are great !!

• 11 months later...

Any new reports on trail conditions for the Mountforest area for this coming wknd ?

Archived