Open or Closed Businesses

revrnd

If any members have info as to whether any of the following businesses are open or closed, please post.

Edited by revrnd
See post #35 for updated list
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

If anyone can verify one way or the other, the status of any of the listed businesses, it would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Tarzwell - South Wye Motel, Hwy 11 & 112

The Motel and restaurant are open.  I'll try and get a business card and post info here.  Nice couple and nice renovated rooms, I dropped in and had a quick look. 

RE: Sesekinika - River Runs Resort, ph 705 642 1136

Opened two weeks ago under new management - rooms and restaurant, 11am to 7pm, 9am to 7pm Sunday.  Bar open later if people continue spending $$$

Edited by Ultrafrozen

Thanks, my buddy who does a dedicated run out of North Bay to Timmins & Iroquois Falls said the motel @ Tarzwell had been under renovation a while back. When I was past it in 2012, it looked beyond repair. Good luck to both of them.

• 4 months later...

Tarzwell - Gold Country Motel

30201955-a273-4068-bc8a-e35a5c3e71dc_zps

IMG-20140328-00084_zps44469a65.jpg

Drove by the motel & restaurant in July. Looks like they did a good job on the renos.

The restaurant @ Ox Narrows has reopened & a patio/deck has been added. They are awaiting their liquor licence. 

Wig a Mog in Haliburton is closed.

Wig a Mog in Haliburton is closed.

Only open for special occassions! They were renting out some of the vila's in summer months.

• 3 weeks later...

wasaga bch..."big chris's " has closed,was a great stop right on trail...sure it will reopen again under new owner

Closed to Harley riders. Hopefully it may be open to Polaris riders??

Edited by Blake G

• 2 weeks later...

Britt Inn in Britt has closed. The owner has retired.

• 1 month later...

Guys, I'm going thru my 2015 maps & updating the database for this season. If you have any other updates, it'll be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got thru the TATA map. Two most district maps & 3 club maps to go. I'll let you guys know when the online version has been updated.

X2. Incredible. I can't imagine how many hours it takes to complete. We really appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering the same thing this evening.. Hope all is ok.. His database is a great resource..

he has indicated elsewhere that it is currently down and being addressed

• 4 weeks later...

The restaurant @ Ox Narrows has reopened & a patio/deck has been added. They are awaiting their liquor licence. 

Ate there on Sat'. Good food & they have their liquor licence.

Just putting this out. We were down the haliburton B trail today stopped at the ox narrowes. The old narrowes restaurant is back open with new friendly owners. Nice to see this open again. Open thurs-sun.

Always a good place to stop or stay.

Just putting this out. We were down the haliburton B trail today stopped at the ox narrowes. The old narrowes restaurant is back open with new friendly owners. Nice to see this open again. Open thurs-sun.

Always a good place to stop or stay.

• 3 weeks later...

revrnd

Super 8 in Timmins no longer does the lock up for sleds (had already stopped in 2013 I think). Also, they just finished a $1Mil reno, so the room rates went up. Not enough breakfast hard boiled eggs for the guests when we stayed there last week, which ticked off my bro...

• Like 1

DORSET update -

The Nordic Inn review on your website is accurate - "B" rating. Older motel but attention to detail.

The other Dorset location - Moose Inn is now open (you have it listed as closed until Feb. 2014 - "B & B, 3 rooms, hot tub, parking, WiFi CLOSED FOR RENOS UNTIL FEB' 2014". It's rumoured to be the nicer of the 2 'inns' in town, but had 'no vacancy' last Saturday.

Keep up the great work on your database. Very helpful.

• Like 1