Weekday Riders within an hour of Gravenhurst

Blake G

Good Seeing you again WD.

We gotta go for a ride soon!

did that guy have a moustashe or what...think he played in Dr Hook ?

we'll have to hook up after pet wk-end...good to see you

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did that guy have a moustashe or what...think he played in Dr Hook ?

we'll have to hook up after pet wk-end...good to see you

lol Kurt is quite the guy.... Fun to play golf with too

Here's our happy group, Brian, iangj, Karen and Nunz, at the junction of B and Uhthoff trail near Orillia.

attachicon.gif20140131_104555.jpg

This was five minutes before Ian and Brian had to cut short their ride due to mechanical failure. :banghead:

Had a great time with you guys until................................

Yup, chaincases won't last long when the oil runs out the bottom!!!!  Word of wisdom to all, make damn sure the stupid little drain plug can't loosen up and fall out. I've heard this happen to a few people in the past and it doesn't matter what make of sled.

So today I tear it down and try to find a replacement.

At least I can steal my wife's sled for next week so I'm still in the game.

See you next week.

Oh ya, the other fellow with us is Ryan, not Brian. I know hard to hear with a helmet on  lol

Had a great time with you guys until................................

Yup, chaincases won't last long when the oil runs out the bottom!!!!  Word of wisdom to all, make damn sure the stupid little drain plug can't loosen up and fall out. I've heard this happen to a few people in the past and it doesn't matter what make of sled.

So today I tear it down and try to find a replacement.

At least I can steal my wife's sled for next week so I'm still in the game.

See you next week.

Oh ya, the other fellow with us is Ryan, not Brian. I know hard to hear with a helmet on  lol

Damn that sucks! Same thing happened to mine. I changed the fluid in the fall but the damn cap didn't feel like it went back right. I was ready for it so when I saw some blue snow I fixed it. 

Kinda tough if it came out on one of the lake crossings when you're going 70+

Ah well s*^t happens.

Looking for a chaincase for an '03 Polaris Edge X 700 with mechanical reverse.

Kinda tough if it came out on one of the lake crossings when you're going 70+

Ah well s*^t happens.

Looking for a chaincase for an '03 Polaris Edge X 700 with mechanical reverse.

http://parts.polarisind.com/Assemblies.asp

Latest update. After pulling the chaincase apart & out, the drain plug was still in place. I guess my fingers were cold enough that day that I couldn't feel it. Case still was full. The lower drive shaft bearing is what failed. Case is still ok as are all the reverse components.

All I need are 2 new bearing and the backing seals. Plus 1 snap ring that got chewed up.

What a relief as I thought this was going to be an expensive fix.

I'm still in the game.

See you next week.

I don't know if I'd rather admit to bad hearing, or a poor memory. It was the hearing, in this case.

It's good to know that the problem is not quite as extensive as it might have been.

Let us know when you're ready to rumble.

Here is today's project, 154 kms with Nunz and Karen, John Massey (Marriott in Gravenhurst) and D.M., John from Vankoughnet and Christine.

C101D was excellent when we left Gravenhurst heading west around 10 a.m. but C trail was disappointingly bumpy down to 6 Mile Lake, and then again to Coldwater. A local volunteer said they had one or two groomers down, and the trails were busy today. By the time we had lunch and got to the Uhthoff Trail (B105C), it too was fairly beaten up by today's traffic. Surprisingly, 204 and 15 coming back to Gravenhurst were still quite nice late in the afternoon.

For all 7 of us it was the first trip from Bala to Coldwater via C Trail. It is nice territory and I'm definitely going to run it again.

A highlight of the day was spying on a group of mysterious diners at the Dam Grill in Port Severn.

post-22473-0-53082700-1391296182_thumb.jpg

Seriously good chili from the Dam Grill, a Trail Guide sponsor and great restaurant in Port Severn, right on the C Trail.

Satisfy your appetite and your sledder's conscience.

post-22473-0-18707600-1391297692_thumb.jpg

Karen and Nunzio were happy with the food at the Dam Grill.

The group of sledders in the background weren't with us, though they may look familiar to Snowcrest members.

post-22473-0-55255400-1391298335_thumb.jpg

The group of sledders in the background weren't with us, though they may look familiar to Snowcrest members.

attachicon.gif20140201_132547.jpg

Karen and Nunz are some of the best people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. One of the things that make me love this sport is the people.

Karen and Nunz are some of the best people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. One of the things that make me love this sport is the people.

just met them for little ride the other day,very nice people & easy to warm up to...get a idea from posts by nunz on here...sledheads for sure,their avatar is excactly how they look when i looked back at them...karen's sled on our first stop had that new smell still...never gets old...hope to ride again soon with them..

Here is today's project, 154 kms with Nunz and Karen, John Massey (Marriott in Gravenhurst) and D.M., John from Vankoughnet and Christine.

C101D was excellent when we left Gravenhurst heading west around 10 a.m. but C trail was disappointingly bumpy down to 6 Mile Lake, and then again to Coldwater. A local volunteer said they had one or two groomers down, and the trails were busy today. By the time we had lunch and got to the Uhthoff Trail (B105C), it too was fairly beaten up by today's traffic. Surprisingly, 204 and 15 coming back to Gravenhurst were still quite nice late in the afternoon.

For all 7 of us it was the first trip from Bala to Coldwater via C Trail. It is nice territory and I'm definitely going to run it again.

A highlight of the day was spying on a group of mysterious diners at the Dam Grill in Port Severn.

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

man, having the time of your life this season....couldn't happen to a nicer guy,you & bill ready do need 2 sleds...great pics & report...thx

just met them for little ride the other day,very nice people & easy to warm up to...get a idea from posts by nunz on here...sledheads for sure,their avatar is excactly how they look when i looked back at them...karen's sled on our first stop had that new smell still...never gets old...hope to ride again soon with them..

The new sled smell. Now that's funny because when she pulled up in Gravenhurst Friday morning I said just that to her.

Yup. Thats Tableware.

The group of sledders in the background weren't with us, though they may look familiar to Snowcrest members.

Yup. Thats Tableware.

You win the prize, Blake!

Had a great weekend of riding with new and some old friends, spent 4 days straight of riding all over and even though some of the trails were a little beat up at times it was amazing regardless, Blake, Ian, White Dragon and all the others were a great group to ride with and look forward to meeting and riding again, We ended up riding about 450 miles since Thursday, ran from Gravenhurst to Dorset yesterday and met alot of Americans up enjoying our trails, Got a long work week ahead but Sunday will be back out again at it...

Thanks to everyone for making this a weekend for the ages...

Nunz

1738547_10151817282347434_1760911577_o.j

Raven lake on Sunday

1743232_10151817493047434_1818885529_n.j

near Oxtongue yesterday..

1654915_10151814105517434_183970978_o.jp

bridge crossing over Hwy 11 on Saturday..

Looking at tomorrow's "partly sunny" weather forecast and thinking about taking advantage of a bit of mid-week riding for four or five hours....if anyone has any bright ideas, let me know.

Wouldn't mind throwing the GSX in the back of the truck and throwing it out again down Orillia way, maybe around 930 in the morning.

Looking at tomorrow's "partly sunny" weather forecast and thinking about taking advantage of a bit of mid-week riding for four or five hours....if anyone has any bright ideas, let me know.

Wouldn't mind throwing the GSX in the back of the truck and throwing it out again down Orillia way, maybe around 930 in the morning.

The hubby and I are up and could ride from here to Wasaga Beach, Penetangue if you would like.  Let me know and we could meet up somewhere on Trail 4 or 15 if that works for you.

Archived