Weekday Riders within an hour of Gravenhurst

Blake G

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No worries.   I actually think it was Roger Rollover who said it.    oui ?  non ? 

Glad to see your memory is still intact!  :tongue:

you putting a crew together sledjunk,staking some new turf....

Before you know it he'll have a whole posse wearing the slomo colours. They will claim their turf and before you know it we will have turf wars.

Sorry. That was directed towards wd and bill.

Behave now!  LMAO  We must all get along.

Blake:

Actually this one works out better as I'll have a place to stay. My sister's place is on Kahshe Lake.

I can go either way with my starting travel point but can't start anything until after the holidays.

If you email me I can give you a copy of my work sched and cell #

xrian@talkwireless.ca

** I have to get my sister to get on this forum. She just got a sled but doesn't know to many sledding people. I'm sure she would love to get out.

Ian, this is too funny. Remember me Dee from high school.  What a small world.  My hubby and I go up in the Muskoka area every week usually from Monday to Wednesday riding.  Would be cool to hook up with you and the wife some time this year.

GrizzlyGriff said in his recent "Weekday Riders" thread in the Club Ontario East Forum "there may be people out there who would like to ride with others on a weekday 'cause as we all know, it's the best time to ride. If you are interested, PM me or let's discuss it here."

I would like to discuss something similar for the area within an hour of Gravenhurst. I am thinking of weekday sledders interested in staging out of an area roughly bounded by Parry Sound, Kearney, Dorset, Haliburton, Barrie and Midland. I am sure many of you already have your set of select riding partners, but there must be people, like myself, you have not yet established these types of contacts.

Currently, I am interested in weekday riding about three or four times a week, roughly between the hours of nine and three.

If you are interested in being contacted for these types of rides, or have other related ideas, please discuss it here or send me a PM.

Happy Trails.

Blake

Great post Blake.  My hubby and I usually start sledding after Jan.6th.  We try to get up there Monday to Wednesday.  We run usually 150 to 200 miles a day.  Anytime you would like to hook up with us I can pm you my hubbies cell number.

There has been a ride that leaves Gull Lake Park every Wednesday approx. 10:00am every week for a few years now. 

Haven't heard, yet, when the first one 'kicks off' but it will happen again once the trails are truly open.  

You and your little secrets.  Hmmmmmmmm I was not aware of this.  WTH!!!  Have a great Christmas STG.  Hopefully we will see you again this year.

Great post Blake.  My hubby and I usually start sledding after Jan.6th.  We try to get up there Monday to Wednesday.  We run usually 150 to 200 miles a day.  Anytime you would like to hook up with us I can pm you my hubbies cell number.

I hope to take you up on this offer. I am sure others will feel the same way. Not sure I can run quite that many miles, but maybe close to it! I will add you to the list of my friends on this site so I can keep track of the people who have said they plan to be in the area mid week.

Blake

Ian, this is too funny. Remember me Dee from high school.  What a small world.  My hubby and I go up in the Muskoka area every week usually from Monday to Wednesday riding.  Would be cool to hook up with you and the wife some time this year.

oH gOOd gRIEf !!   And I just found out I'm his sister's neighbour.   What's going on here ??? !!!    

Dee I most certainly remember you. Remember I built most of first car in your mom's garage  lol

I sent you a PM and added you as a friend on here.

Watch out Michael, we'll soon be taking over the world..... snort!

OK now you've got me currious!

I went to school with Paul Gallagher. Went up to familly cottage in Martin River many many years ago in winter.

We definitely need to talk some more.

You probably know my in-laws. Al & Jo Karner.

Riding tomorrow and/or Friday?

I am playing with the idea of sledding tomorrow (Thursday) and/or Friday out of either Gravenhurst (to Port Sydney?) and/or Orillia (to Penetang?) and/or Emsdale (to Sand Lake and Burk's Falls?).

I would likely be interested in departing some time between 830 and 1000 for four or five hours. I might bring a passenger, or maybe not.

Is anyone else considering something along these lines?

Blake

Heh bud.. We are leaving Huntsville and heading down towards gravenhurst via the D trail in the morning.. I'll keep an eye out for ya..

Cheers

Wait till youze guyze find out that I am Dee's Husband's Uncle !!!

LMAO  you are killing me!!

that would save them any worries about being the strange one in that family 

That's for sure.  LOL   :rotflmao:

Add me to the list!! I would be interested in some weekday riding if my schedule allows.

I would be up for some rides during the holidays.

Thanks for posting!

Might sere a few of you guys around this morn , were riding Pt Sydney down to G hurst and around ,then back home ,riding a 

red Vector 

It shouldn't be long now once all the trails are rideable there is a group that call themselves the Wednesday Wanderers. They meet in Port Severn at the Brisette House on the east side of Lone Pine Rd just north of Honey Harbour Rd, Exit 156 off of the 400 northbound at I believe 10:00 and head out for the day. There is H&S Amco right across the road for breakfast, fuel and if you need it a trail permit.

I have taken the occasional day off and gone out with these people. I love that they all tend to be retired.... makes me feel young. They have gone on some wonderful rides. Some of these folks have been riding the area for 30+ years and know every route conceivable. I went on one with them where I was sure someone must be leaving a trail of bread crumbs to follow back. Highly recommend an outing with these folks.

Might sere a few of you guys around this morn , were riding Pt Sydney down to G hurst and around ,then back home ,riding a 

red Vector 

MM, I think we may have passed each other just north of the Sno-Bombers club house around ten this morning. I saw a red Yammy being followed by another red yammy with a driver wearing a blue helmet. I made it to Port Sydney and back by about noon. Conditions were good.

It shouldn't be long now once all the trails are rideable there is a group that call themselves the Wednesday Wanderers. They meet in Port Severn at the Brisette House on the east side of Lone Pine Rd just north of Honey Harbour Rd, Exit 156 off of the 400 northbound at I believe 10:00 and head out for the day. There is H&S Amco right across the road for breakfast, fuel and if you need it a trail permit.

I have taken the occasional day off and gone out with these people. I love that they all tend to be retired.... makes me feel young. They have gone on some wonderful rides. Some of these folks have been riding the area for 30+ years and know every route conceivable. I went on one with them where I was sure someone must be leaving a trail of bread crumbs to follow back. Highly recommend an outing with these folks.

This sounds really interesting. Assuming there is ample parking, and that newcomers are allowed to tag along, I would love to hear when these folks are starting up.

This sounds really interesting. Assuming there is ample parking, and that newcomers are allowed to tag along, I would love to hear when these folks are starting up.

We are going to have to check that out one time.  I have ridden the Amco a couple years back and had breakfast there.  Good place. Thanks 02Sled for the info.  It is always neat to find new routes.

It would be even greater if Port Severn and Gravenhurst had their weekly outings on different days. But no complaints, Wednesdays offer two excellent choices for riding in a group.

Heading out tomorrow (Friday) morning from Gull Lake Park in Gravenhurst at 9:00.

So far it's just me and my buddy from Bracebridge, but we would welcome anyone else who is interested. The general plan is to start by heading out C101D toward Bala and area. We are considering returning and then shooting out the D to Kahshe Lake and back, if time allows. We plan to finish up back in Gravenhurst by 2:30. We usually stop some place for a quick coffee.

Feel free to respond to this posting, or via PM, or just show up tomorrow in time to pull out at 9.

Archived