SUMMERLAND GENERAL STORE

SlowTouringGuy

That's Great News. Hope mother nature brings us enough snow and cold to firm things up early on the east side of cooch this year too.

Kerry

• 4 months later...

Stopped in here last saturday when on a ride with the snowcrest club, led by Blake. He told us to try the western and butter tarts, so i did and they were both great. Nice people running the place also.

• 2 years later...

I just got my copy of Cottage Life Magazine. This issue is about what cottagers do in winter. Just getting into the magazine and there's a full page picture of the Summerland General Store. It's followed by a short article about how it sat empty for about 6 years before it was bought and reopened. I looked at the picture and said, I know that place.

I was taken there by Blake G for gas a few years ago. He pointed out how good the butter tarts were, then mentioned the toasted western and pizza. Since then I have found myself there more than once. I've had, ashamed to say, too many of the butter tarts, a few of the toasted western but not the pizza. They apparently used to sell by the slice but it didn't work out.

I have on occasion chosen a specific route to ride with the primary reason, stop for gas.... and a butter tart. Even if it means trailering to a start point other than my usual.

27 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I just got my copy of Cottage Life Magazine. This issue is about what cottagers do in winter. Just getting into the magazine and there's a full page picture of the Summerland General Store. It's followed by a short article about how it sat empty for about 6 years before it was bought and reopened. I looked at the picture and said, I know that place.

I was taken there by Blake G for gas a few years ago. He pointed out how good the butter tarts were, then mentioned the toasted western and pizza. Since then I have found myself there more than once. I've had, ashamed to say, too many of the butter tarts, a few of the toasted western but not the pizza. They apparently used to sell by the slice but it didn't work out.

I have on occasion chosen a specific route to ride with the primary reason, stop for gas.... and a butter tart. Even if it means trailering to a start point other than my usual.

I like the spark plug tips in the new magazine.  Lol

5 minutes ago, gobills said:

I like the spark plug tips in the new magazine.  Lol

Didn't get that far yet. I only read a couple of pages at a time so the magazine lasts longer. I don't think I will be building an ice house though like the people in the article. We have an ice maker. A lot cheaper and easier. Now I'm going to back and grab the magazine to look for spark plug tips.

51 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Was a lunch stop on a couple of PET rides.  Good stuff.

The summerland pizza is very good!  I often order a pizza on my way up to have it for dinner on Friday night.  Their pizza has even survived Argo & sled rides.

I've tried to pick it up on the PWC, but for some reason that didn't work out.

Archived