SUMMERLAND GENERAL STORE

SlowTouringGuy

The Summerland General Store is right on the 'D' trail, north of the B intersection and just south of Kahshe Lake; in beautiful Downtown Housey's Rapids, Ontario. 

Coming North from Orillia on B and heading to Gravenhurst/Bracebridge on D or Gravenhurst/Bala on D/C101D or Baysville on B ?  Drop in at Summerland General Store.

It offers all the goods, merchandise, sweets, groceries, smokes, pop, muchies etc that one would expect to find in a rural store. 

In addition they serve ethanol FREE gasoline !!  

And.............they serve food.  Piping hot food.  Soups and chili, spaghetti, the most wonderful Pizza, and in a matter of minutes you can have an awesome Toasted Western..................

TASTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And where do you get that again ???...........................

IMG-20131107-00157.jpg

IMG-20131107-00158.jpg

IMG-20131107-00159.jpg

I agree. It is a friendly little spot with good food and convenient ethanol-free regular gas.

I like going there winter or summer for some good bacon and eggs and coffee.

No extra charge for the good conversation with Ron or Carrie, or some of the regulars.

I agree. It is a friendly little spot with good food and convenient ethanol-free regular gas.

I like going there winter or summer for some good bacon and eggs and coffee.

No extra charge for the good conversation with Ron or Carrie, or some of the regulars.

oh yes..... the all day breakfast !!   

cute cup...was there in summer..had the western too...what are their hours like stg...

thx stg...

I filled up there Saturday!  Fuel, not food.

Its always good to support local businesses so that they stay and can provide for us in the Winter. 

Great people! Not far from my sister's place on Kashee Lake.

yet folks dont and they complain when they are gone

Too true!  Same thing with marina's and other resorts that have fuel but charge a little more.  Larry educated me to that one!

Too true!  Same thing with marina's and other resorts that have fuel but charge a little more.  Larry educated me to that one!

He was wise. 

He was wise. 

He still rides with us

Oh so true!

A person of your age should be ordering this sandwich with whole wheat toast - for the fiber. Your choice of ketchup is good though - tomatoes are a good source of anti-oxidents. :wavey:

post-19713-0-35539600-1387275873_thumb.j

Will keep this place in mind. For as long as I can. Thanks!

Is the bridge still out on road 6 north/east of your hideout?

A person of your age should be ordering this sandwich with whole wheat toast - for the fiber. Your choice of ketchup is good though - tomatoes are a good source of anti-oxidents. :wavey:

attachicon.giffiber.jpg

Will keep this place in mind. For as long as I can. Thanks!

Is the bridge still out on road 6 north/east of your hideout?

Are you implying that stg is full of something?

Did they get the plumbing fixed? I didn't think that place would ever be the same after the PET ride stopped there!

Great place to stop for a break

886783_482097531899729_593001687_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It is WB.  and they's good people too.   

They are awesome people.  We go there at least a few times throughout the year.  Way to post this info for everyone STG.  You aren't so bad after all.   LMAO  See you soon!!  Uncle!!!!!!!!!  Ooooooooooooops Terry's uncle.  LOL

Yes, I definitely would recommend the Toasted Western!!

You can easily make two from the one you get!!

STG what are yo saying about Depends!!

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Look for the Summerland Ad in this season's Snowcrest Riders Trail Guide, and on the Sponsor page at www.snowcrestriders.com

Ron and Carrie are once again looking forward to serving sledders this coming season.

Archived