Why are trails not open?

02Sled

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...because Chuck Norris doesn't want them open yet.

LOL!! This one make the most sense....He also tells winter when it is ALLOWED to snow

are those lazy volunteers slacking again?

FFS. Why cant they get it together?

No, no no.   They are not slacking. 

They are filling out multi-page forms (press hard, you're making 5 copies - canary copy to Payables), painting and hanging signs, and otherwise Bowing to Barrie's Bureaucracy while goose-stepping to the Lawyers whims at the Mother Ship before we're even allowed to go looking for the keys to the groomer.  

(was that my outside voice?)

The real reason is it isn't safe to travel at 50km/hr yet, on most trails, so insurance isn't valid yet! Lameo! Our trails here are nice and flat and signed well until you hit a corn field! Then it is a maze to find the next section of trail. Maybe I need a gps!

The real reason is it isn't safe to travel at 50km/hr yet, on most trails, so insurance isn't valid yet! Lameo! Our trails here are nice and flat and signed well until you hit a corn field! Then it is a maze to find the next section of trail. Maybe I need a gps!

very true

Going out tomorrow with a couple of pickup loads of wood for the warm shacks and some brushing, couple of the club members I am going with are well into their 70s

high of -25 tomorrow too

Found out we got a person who complained to the gaming commission that the club had not updated their website within a couple of days of the draw with name and photo of winner

Always some prick out there!!

Going out tomorrow with a couple of pickup loads of wood for the warm shacks and some brushing, couple of the club members I am going with are well into their 70s

high of -25 tomorrow too

Found out we got a person who complained to the gaming commission that the club had not updated their website within a couple of days of the draw with name and photo of winner

Always some prick out there!!

Heaven forbid the webmaster wasn't on top of that.

WB where are you???

I believe that would be a 'mais', n'est pas?

corny humour

WB where are you???

I believe that would be a 'mais', n'est pas?

Ceci est encore mal ecrit . Ca devrai etre " n'est-ce pas?

may would prefer their permit dollars be spent on recovering groomers from swamps just so they can ride close to home. It is too bad the average sledder does not understand what it takes to open a trail, they pay their 200 bucks and the whining starts. les than 10% of permit buyers volunteer, and the backs of those that do are getting worn out, step up, if you care about riding, an hour here and there is ok, even if you are in the city, take a day out of your weekend and goout with a club and do a little brushing. You will find that you have just as much fun on the trails as if you were simply riding. This place is most likely not a great place to preach to non volunteers as most here are involved, but if one person gets the message it is better than none.

Too true!

Zoos, everything right on except your estimate that maybe 10% volunteer! more like 1 - 2%.

I agree totally.....atv clubs have the same issue,....our local club has over 120 members plus all the other riders who come from out of the area....we have a small group (under 10) who keep and repair all trails....and when the trails are closed,  people lose their minds.....Diceman

I agree totally.....atv clubs have the same issue,....our local club has over 120 members plus all the other riders who come from out of the area....we have a small group (under 10) who keep and repair all trails....and when the trails are closed,  people lose their minds.....Diceman

hey, how are the trails shaping up out that way?

We don't have that problem. When there is snow the trails are open...period.

Archived