D'ville News

revrnd

Luc posted on his blog that the motel has been sold other than the final paperwork.

On another note, I hope he scolds the 2 sledders he had pictures of. If they had permits they weren't visible on the sleds.

That is great news!  I'll have to check his blog.

For sure!  I think I have to plan a trip up there again this year.

The motel has been closed for 3 or 4 years now. Not sure how much work is needed to open up. No mention of opening plans.

The motel has been closed for 3 or 4 years now. Not sure how much work is needed to open up. No mention of opening plans.

I'm sure a LOT !   There was a lot of work needed on it when it was still open in 2008 ! 

BUT it is great to see that it is reopening.  

Sure sounds interesting

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Looks like a going concern and should help make D'ville a destination. Welcome to the forum RMR! Is there snowmobile trail access from your parking lot? How much are your rooms? Any wifi? Minifridge? Microwave? Is it easy to access the river during the summer? i.e. fishing, boat launch etc.

Look forward to visiting!

Ressemble à une inquiétude allant et devrait aider à faire D'ville une destination. Soyez bienvenus au forum RMR! Se trouve présent l'approche de piste de motoneige de votre parking ? Combien sont vos pièces ? Un wifi ? Miniréfrigérateur ? Four à micro-ondes ? Est-ce qu'il est facile d'accéder au fleuve en été ? c'est-à-dire en pêchant, le lancement de bateau etc.

Attendez impatiemment de visiter!

24 hour gas bar is about a block from the hotel, where the D and F trails intersect. the river is about a block from the hotel with summer boat launch, and winter trail access that takes you to hornepayne, and points north. Luc's quickie mart is about 2 blocks away, the resturant/bar, grocery store, lcbo, hardware, post office is about 2 blocks away as well. all accessible by sled, walking or atv. Ski

24 hour gas bar is about a block from the hotel, where the D and F trails intersect. the river is about a block from the hotel with summer boat launch, and winter trail access that takes you to hornepayne, and points north. Luc's quickie mart is about 2 blocks away, the resturant/bar, grocery store, lcbo, hardware, post office is about 2 blocks away as well. all accessible by sled, walking or atv. Ski

I have forgotten the routine to use the gas pumps - tried

putting it to music so I wouldn't forget...

-put your credit card in

-take your credit card out

-put your purchase amount in

-and wave your card about

-curse the last guy.... who didn't reset the pumps..

-that's what it's all about....

Wait a minute found it on a previous post...

D'ville Gas

credit card, 24-7... MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS PERFECTLY. if you dont.... you cant get fuel, and you could render the pump unable to dispense fuel to others, till they reset it. (no person on duty, this will take awhile, possibly overnight. completely self serve).

before you lift the lever on the pump... YOU MUST HAVE THE TRANSACTION AUTHORIZED! if you lift the pump lever first, you will render the pump useless until reset. (again, this could take AWHILE. MEANING, YOU MIGHT NOT GET GAS FOR A LOOOOOOOONG TIME.)

pull up to pump, go read the instructions, give the machine a pin number YOU choose, it gives you a pin number THEY CHOOSE, you must use thier number for the next year. then you swipe your card to set the authorization of the pump. then pump, return to unit swipe card for reciept.

the first time is a pain in the ASS. after that it isnt so bad. they are doing this to comply with regulations that whomever is pumping... knows how to safely avoid, stop and clean up spills.

• 9 months later...

Guy's sorry I have not posted sooner.  I signed up for this forum back in May 2014 and got caught up in the renovations.  For those of you who have not gone to the Facebook page  Relais Magpie Relay or those of you who have not been to our website please follow www.magpierelay.ca  and take a look at the renovations, the rooms, the ManCave, the Hot Tub, the Sauna and best of all the Heated Sled Storage Garage.  We put it all together with the Power Sports Enthusiast in mind.  We will be doing even more work in order to improve further with a a Dry for drying clothes using the excess heat from the boilers, a laundry facility for longer stays a full kitchen with eating area for group meals and hang out.  We also have a full SPA with tanning bed, massage and esthetician services for the ladies and the men who like to be pampered while riding.  Note that we are a power sports destination and have loops for Dual Sport Motorcycles, ATV's and what ever else you guys want to bring up to ride.  There is something for everyone.  Check out Facebook... MooseBack the region as we try to build up a larger catchment area that will include Wawa, Hornepayne, HalfWay Haven and Searchmont.  We have some much to offer.  All you need to do is support our efforts by visiting often.  if you have any questions feel free to reach out to us  rmr@magpierelay.ca or call 705-884-2909

next step, secure storage area (think fenced in lot) to store trailers for the winter for repeated use guests. this could get a few more people to come up more often if they don't have to trailer their stuff up every trip. just figure out a per month fee, or per season fee. Ski

next step, secure storage area (think fenced in lot) to store trailers for the winter for repeated use guests. this could get a few more people to come up more often if they don't have to trailer their stuff up every trip. just figure out a per month fee, or per season fee. Ski

We already have a cheaper solution to that Eric....  We give out Artic Cat  covers for the sleds and you are ok.  :)

We already have a cheaper solution to that Eric....  We give out Artic Cat   Yamaha covers for the sleds and you are ok.  :)

I corrected your error for you Luc :)

LOL!

x2

Ouch.

Skidoo-boy is on to something. Allot cheaper to leave trailer and return in a week or two for round too. I seen trailers left and locked in cochrane parking lots too.

We already have a cheaper solution to that Eric....  We give out Artic Cat  covers for the sleds and you are ok.  :)

not funny :D not funny, at all  :D wait til I take you out, and get you stuck in the back country, then you'll be praying this cat rider helps you out. :D

Ski

Skidoo-boy is on to something. Allot cheaper to leave trailer and return in a week or two for round too. I seen trailers left and locked in cochrane parking lots too.

I leave mine north for the season rather than pull it back and forth. I have suggested a few times that if there were more secure places to leave your sleds during the week the sport would be more attractive. Many of those I try to encourage to join the sport have the same problems. They are willing to make the investment in the sled and the gear and feel they would really enjoy it however they

- live in the GTA in a condo or don't have space in their driveway / garage for a snowmobile(s) and trailer

- drive a car that will not tow a trailer and are not prepared to buy a new truck or similar for that purpose

They would be interested however if they were able to drive their car to where their sleds are kept for the season with their gear in the car, clean off the snow and ride. A lot like people do today with boats where they are kept at marinas. I believe some of the marina / resort  operators out there that are either on or real close to a trail are missing out on a money making opportunity.

A prime opportunity that comes to mind is the Quality Inn Parry Sound. Provide secure mid week storage for sleds, make money on that, make money on increased room occupancy and make money on increased meals purchased.

Archived