Any grooming in Muskoka yet?

lakejoe

Specifically on the Six Star trails?

We've been getting a lot of snow over the past few days, and much more is forecasted. Just curious if we're out packing yet.

lots of water issues

Nothing that these few feet of fresh snow won't fix I'm sure! :)

Any chance we'll have some limited trails up and going by the weekend Bill?

I bet snowcrest will have some trails open.

unlikely.   maybe the town trail, but I doubt anything more than that.   Lots of trees to clear and swamps aren't frozen yet.  This snow wont help that at all.    

clubs would love to have trails open for xmas, and will need a lot of help getting things cleared and packed.

Just because snow is falling doesn't mean the trails can instantly open.    2 weeks ago there was green grass and a ton of high water...

Hopefully the high permit sales have a thing or two to contribute. Getting pounded with snow early in the season is an opportunity to put them to good use!

Hopefully the high permit sales have a thing or two to contribute. Getting pounded with snow early in the season is an opportunity to put them to good use!

what high permit sales?   many clubs will end up with less money even if they do sell more permits.   

has nothing to do with money, and all to do with mother nature and volunteers to clear trails.

what high permit sales?   many clubs will end up with less money even if they do sell more permits.   

has nothing to do with money, and all to do with mother nature and volunteers to clear trails.

I cleared all the trails on Walkers Point with my buddies in October and November. There are no trees down and very little water. 

Seems like most of the snowcrest trails that need some attention are south of Gravenhurst.

I cleared all the trails on Walkers Point with my buddies in October and November. There are no trees down and very little water. 

Seems like most of the snowcrest trails that need some attention are south of Gravenhurst.

good stuff!!    the crew is heading out east of Ghurst, B trail and 15 for sure, not sure what else needs attention.. just have to contact the club.     This fresh snow will bring down some face slappers, but those can get dealt with fairly easily..

Archived