Searchmont

Dan-Senior

A couple of photos I took up at Searchmont on Saturday when we were repairing the trail on the Whitman.

About 25cm on the Whitman at marker 30.   18cm in the lower lying elevations.

looks like a nice start

awesome Dan, wont be long now, enjoy your updates. maybe this season we can meet up. Ski

Hi Dan,

Paige and I will be seeing you soon by the looks of it.

Thanks for all the info and I love the new Trailblazers page you designed.

I was worried about all the washouts, but looks like the crew is working around them.

Hope to do that off trail multi-lake to lake ride with you this season. 

Great job you do to promote and build your club!

Take care.

Scott

Thanks for the updates Dan.  I enjoy reading them too.

Hi Dan,

Paige and I will be seeing you soon by the looks of it.

Thanks for all the info and I love the new Trailblazers paige you designed.

I was worried about all the washouts, but looks like the crew is working around them.

Hope to do that off trail multi-lake to lake ride with you this season. 

Great job you do to promote and build your club!

Take care.

Scott

dont forget about us, when you decide to go up. :D Ski

looks nice

dont forget about us, when you decide to go up. :D Ski

I am hoping a round trip to Chapleau  through Flame Lake and maybe direct back to Searchmont one weekend will workout with you Ski.

100_2270_zps8c962724.jpg

Hi Scott and Ski,

Jean at BlackCreek Outfitters said they got snow the entire day today.  Looking at the Montreal River Radar, you could see it going right across from Superior.  I suspect you guys will be riding up this way soon.  I'd be out sledding this weekend, but my wife has me booked for a dance in Elliot Lake.  Will send photos of snow updates from Elliot Lake when I get back.

Dan 

Hi Scott and Ski,

Jean at BlackCreek Outfitters said they got snow the entire day today.  Looking at the Montreal River Radar, you could see it going right across from Superior.  I suspect you guys will be riding up this way soon.  I'd be out sledding this weekend, but my wife has me booked for a dance in Elliot Lake.  Will send photos of snow updates from Elliot Lake when I get back.

Dan 

Hi Dan,

Starting to think about Christmas Week and where to ride.

Thanks for all the updates. 

Looking forward to seeing the brushed D201F and our first ride over to Elliot Lake from the Soo.

I hope the logging has moved from the old D Trail area near Halfway.

Take Care.

Scott

prepping sleds from now till we can ride. hopefully mine will be all ready to go by xmas-new years. Ski

prepping sleds from now till we can ride. hopefully mine will be all ready to go by xmas-new years. Ski

Knowing you they were done before you put them away.  You mean you are polishing them, right?

i summerized them but, i need to do some pre-season stuff, clutch springs, shock service, check to see if the secondaries need replacement or rebuild (common on the M's), brake side bearings for the drive shafts (common on M's), replace hyfax, clean power valves, then clean up and polish. :D

changing the a arms on mine to orange, and need to replace the right side lower panel (broken from rock/stump hit). about a full days work, or a little more for each sled. just making sure they wont let me down. Ski

lynne's sled is torn down, power valves cleaned, new hyfax on the skid. shocks are at the shop for service. just need the clutch parts, and and the shocks back, and i can put it together and clean it up, and polish.

i'll tear mine down when my parts ALL arrive, and lynne's together. shooting for xmas or new years weekends, for both to be completed and ready to go. Ski

Hi Ski,

Hope you get your sleds ready ASAP. 

We are now swimming in deep snow.  Some locations at 20" (50cm) on the ground.  Searchmont forecast is calling for up to another 12" possible (30cm) by Wednesay night. 

I'll be out sledding tomorrow. 

You have enough to ride this weekend.

Dan

should have the wife's sled together by the end of the week. mine will take a bit more. going to be xmas/new years weekends for us probably. i have a 5 day weekend planned for mlk weekend jan 17-21st. Ski

Another 60cm's on the way.  CSRA racing this weekend at Searchmont will have more than their share of snow.

Here is what I have received for information and / or heard from Groomer operators:

Sault Trailblazers and Aubrey Falls both are grooming / packing this weekend.  Also heard that Wawa, Dubreulville and Spanish have been out already.  I'm sure you will see their updates on Facebook.

Here's some photos from Searchmont.  They are gearing up for the big CSRA race this weekend.  No shortage of snow.  Photos courtesy of Searchmont Ski Resort.

Dan

*** UPDATE ***  One of the Trailblazers Groomers left the Clubhouse this morning and is packing trail to Heyden today, this onward to Searchmont tomorrow.

post-22452-0-18221500-1386959718_thumb.jpg

post-22452-0-51354100-1386959744_thumb.jpg

post-22452-0-46718700-1386959753_thumb.jpg

post-22452-0-82865600-1386959761_thumb.jpg

post-22452-0-03932800-1386959771_thumb.jpg

post-22452-0-80760900-1386959780_thumb.jpg

CSRA RockStar Energy SnowCross live at Searchmont Resort. Photo courtesy of CSRA

post-22452-0-89325000-1387052086_thumb.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics Dan. That resort looks really nice. I'll google it to find out more information.

awesome update and pics, thanks dan. Ski

• 11 months later...

Sault Club Grooming This Weekend

I am on the understanding the Club will have a groomer on the new D201F (95 mile trail) from Searchmont-To-Aubrey Falls this weekend or sooner, pending no unforseen issues.

Archived