NRSA - Season 2013/2014

x2

We were up for the weekend and the trails were in great shape! Wish we could have stayed longer.

Here's hoping that the trails will still be rideable in a month.

KCC, your club does an awesome job keeping the trails maintained, thanks to the volunteers of NRSA.  On Sundays we usually head up your way, no sense even trying the Pembroke trails as they are rough due to no grooming on weekends.

We were wondering...is the lot next to the old ESSO station in Rolphton still plowed and used for truck and trailer parking?  We are heading to Mattawa next weekend and were hoping to launch from there if its still permitted.

Thanks for your comments regarding our trails, I will pass it on to our groomer operators & trail workers. Yes, the lot beside the old ROlphton Esso is one of our club park & ride, also the Chalk River Business Park on highway 17 is our club's other part & ride lot.  Enjoy the trails & have a safe trip next weekend.

Trail are in great shape, we received about 3 or 4 inches of fresh snow overnight! 

Here's hoping I can back up for one more kick at the can on the 26th

Trails are in great shape, I took a ride yesterday - A-trail was great, club trail 131, 134, 136, 137 & Missing Links club trails 190, 192, 193 were all in great shape

I'll keep checking in here as the date gets closer. Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...

Got about 4 inches of fresh snow today, friend was out on the trails today & said their were mint!  Plus it still snowing here now!

Nice!!  Still hoping to go on the 26th.

I was out yesterday & Saturday, trails are in great shape!  Groomer is still out grooming at night, so watch for it!

Thanks for the update KCC.

We will be up on Wed the 26th and leave Sat or Sun.

Maybe we'll see you out there. I'll be trailering down to the Brent road for a day of riding in my summer area.

Hopefully see you on the trails.

I was out for a ride yesterday on NRSA trails! Trails are in great shape, seemed more like February than the end of March.  I stopped for a moose on the A-trail near Deep River, sure was great to see her.  Moose are starting to move again, so be careful out there. 

I was in Deep River yesterday as well.  Trails were awesome!!  Thanks to all your volunteers!

What is the latest?  Plan to unload in Rolphton area on Sunday.. would have went today but the forecast looks much brighter on Sunday

I assume grooming has stopped, but does anyone know when for both NRSA and Missing Link?

You get any snow with the rain yesterday? A light layer of snow may be great for lube when things r frozen in the AM   

NRSA trails are now official closed as of this morning.  Thanks to all our volunteers & sledders for another great season!

X2

Had a great time but just couldn't spend as much time there as I had hoped for so already making plans for next season.

Fingers crossed I talk the wife into moving up to Mattawa permanently. Found the perfect house and the trail goes right by it.

Originally we looked at a place in Mattawa, but decided on Rolphton area, either area is a great place to live.  We moved here 7 years ago and never looked back! Don't know how I had time to work, now is all play!  Hope everyone has a great off season and get out there with your bikes, boats, motorcycles and RV! Life is to short!

Archived