2013-2014 permits

X dooer

I'm confused by 02 Sled's comment about buying 2 permits on the same order; unless he meant ownerships for both his wife's sled and his own are in his name.

The account must be in the registered owner's name, yes?  I bought  both mine and Mrs Whit's on 1 order 'cuz both sleds are in my name.  But normally we buy an additional permit for our son, who owns his own sled and lives in Southern Ontario.  I can't do that online.  In fact, the system wouldn't even allow me to open an additional account  for his info using my same e-mail address.  I needed to do that to access the link to establish a permanent password, but it wouldn"t let me.

Sure you culd have, all you had to do was add the sled details and buy it on the same acount an order. Just go back into your acount, add your sons sled and order a permit.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm confused by 02 Sled's comment about buying 2 permits on the same order; unless he meant ownerships for both his wife's sled and his own are in his name.

The account must be in the registered owner's name, yes? I bought both mine and Mrs Whit's on 1 order 'cuz both sleds are in my name. But normally we buy an additional permit for our son, who owns his own sled and lives in Southern Ontario. I can't do that online. In fact, the system wouldn't even allow me to open an additional account for his info using my same e-mail address. I needed to do that to access the link to establish a permanent password, but it wouldn"t let me.

Sounds like you need to open a gmail account so you can create an account to buy your sons permit on. Most sites don't alow different names on the same email address. Sounds like that's the problem you are running in to.

Sure you culd have, all you had to do was add the sled details and buy it on the same acount an order. Just go back into your acount, add your sons sled and order a permit.

I think the issue is, the sled is in his sons name, not his.. Which don't know if that is a problem or not.. One wouldn't think so, as I've bought my dad's permit for his sled in person over the years. However the OFSC my not alow that online. But I have my doubts they have access to the MTO database to check that.

Since it's the last day, I'd just create a tempory gmail account and create an account for the son there. Saves any problems that's way.

That's exactly the issue.  The form specifically says the account name and ownership info must be the same.  And it won't allow me to open another account using the same e-mail address.  He can do it himself, I was just trying to help out, since he left it this late,  and buy his permit like we did in past years (in person).

It is shipped declared as documents with a $10.00 declared value, the cost to replace a lost pass. Again you are wrong.

just bought another one today, so far 32584 have been sld, this inludes any classics that have also ben bought.

Zoso... you just contradicted yourself... you said it is shipped with a declared value... that means there is a customs declaration DUH!!!! So again you are wrong. What else is new. And what is your source of what the customs declaration form indicates as the declared value.... it couldn't possibly be a customs declaration could it. If it was then that just proves the point.

The account must be in the registered owner's name, yes?  I bought  both mine and Mrs Whit's on 1 order 'cuz both sleds are in my name.  But normally we buy an additional permit for our son, who owns his own sled and lives in Southern Ontario.  I can't do that online.  In fact, the system wouldn't even allow me to open an additional account  for his info using my same e-mail address.  I needed to do that to access the link to establish a permanent password, but it wouldn"t let me.

Yup both are in the same name... I have heard exactly what you indicated from some that you cannot do two different profiles in one order and use the same email for two different profiles. Their logic in the program could use some enhancements however for something that was probably put together quickly it is pretty good. No matter how hard you try when you wright a program there is always something that gets missed and someone who manages to break it or find a flaw. I am sure it will only get better.

Skidoo boy I feel your pain! The OFSC should have sold permits at the show, but they didn't! It was a mistake on their part but as has been said before this whole deal was on a short notice! I know that does not change anything but it is something that can be looked at next year.

As far as the U.S. customers being ripped off goes that did not happen, because if it did I got ripped off as well for 7:50 then. The permit was supposed to be 180 bucks but cost me 187:50. Now if I wanted it shipped insured it cost me even more adding further to my being ripped off for even more money as you suggest. So the reality is you never got ripped off the U.S. people where not ripped off by this. What happened is the people who came to the show to buy a permit got overlooked! That is bad in my books and many others.

The early early was to put money on the snow earlier and those who participated paid the cost for doing it! If you did not want to participate in this then the 210 permit is still availible. So no extra cost to you or me under that option! The only thing is giving up on a few bucks of savings. The OFSC did not target the U.S. customers or did not care about the U.S. customers! We all know that the OFSC would like more U.S customers! Maybe you can figure out a way to get permits to the U.S for cheaper. I know people on this side of the border will be working on the complaints.

I think the issue is, the sled is in his sons name, not his.. Which don't know if that is a problem or not.. One wouldn't think so, as I've bought my dad's permit for his sled in person over the years. However the OFSC my not alow that online. But I have my doubts they have access to the MTO database to check that.

Since it's the last day, I'd just create a tempory gmail account and create an account for the son there. Saves any problems that's way.

Non issue, I actually ordered a permit for my friend today had it shipped to his address on his cc.

Zoso... you just contradicted yourself... you said it is shipped with a declared value... that means there is a customs declaration DUH!!!! So again you are wrong. What else is new. And what is your source of what the customs declaration form indicates as the declared value.... it couldn't possibly be a customs declaration could it. If it was then that just proves the point.

No brokerage under 20 bucks value. There are absolutely no brokerage fes included in the cost to mail the permit to the states. You are as usual WRONG!!!

No brokerage under 20 bucks value. There are absolutely no brokerage fes included in the cost to mail the permit to the states. You are as usual WRONG!!!

So when did a 180 dollar pass become worth less then 20 bucks? Look the cost is what it is. Whether its brokerage or USPS costs or whatever! If there was a cheaper way to send the permit to the states then it would have been used! I took the chance and cheaped out on my permit and sent it standard mail. Hope it does not get lost or stolen but if it does I guess i'll just report it as such and buy a new 10 dollar replacement. Will still have saved 12:50!

So when did a 180 dollar pass become worth less then 20 bucks? Look the cost is what it is. Whether its brokerage or USPS costs or whatever! If there was a cheaper way to send the permit to the states then it would have been used! I took the chance and cheaped out on my permit and sent it standard mail. Hope it does not get lost or stolen but if it does I guess i'll just report it as such and buy a new 10 dollar replacement. Will still have saved 12:50!

How much does it cost to replace it if lost or stolen? Break it down. To have it delivered in Canada with a sig, they charge 17.50, in the US 20 bucks, to mail a letter in canada 55cents, to mail a letter to the us 2.99 DO THE MATH! They could have sent it for 2.99 and charged 2.50 more to those in the US, however they forced a sig on those deliveries due to the hassle of replacing a permit from the us and the higher risk of it getting lost crossing the border. I could really give a rats ass as to why it is 20 bucks for the US buyer, still a better deal than the 210,00 after nov 1 . I just get tired of 02 spewing out misinformation as in his long diatribe making up pure bullshit to rationalize the cost to deliver to US buyers.

How much does it cost to replace it if lost or stolen? Break it down. To have it delivered in Canada with a sig, they charge 17.50, in the US 20 bucks, to mail a letter in canada 55cents, to mail a letter to the us 2.99 DO THE MATH! They could have sent it for 2.99 and charged 2.50 more to those in the US, however they forced a sig on those deliveries due to the hassle of replacing a permit from the us and the higher risk of it getting lost crossing the border. I could really give a rats ass as to why it is 20 bucks for the US buyer, still a better deal than the 210,00 after nov 1 . I just get tired of 02 spewing out misinformation as in his long diatribe making up pure bullshit to rationalize the cost to deliver to US buyers.

Hey dude... Chill would ya... Ever think maybe your wrong?

You can't declare something at the replacement cost, that would be fraud. When it comes to the boarder you have to declare the actual purchase price that was paid for that idem. The real value is $180 that's what is cost to buy it, that's what you have to declare...

Right off the Canadian Boarder services website...

A shipment's declared value represents the selling price or fair market value of the contents of the shipment, even if not sold.

Case closed...move on next topic...

Hey dude... Chill would ya... Ever think maybe your wrong?

You can't declare something at the replacement cost, that would be fraud. When it comes to the boarder you have to declare the actual purchase price that was paid for that idem. The real value is $180 that's what is cost to buy it, that's what you have to declare...

Right off the Canadian Boarder services website...

A shipment's declared value represents the selling price or fair market value of the contents of the shipment, even if not sold.

Case closed...move on next topic...

Actually it has zero value at all in the United States, not worth the paper it is printed on. Again there is no brokerage fees being charged on the permit, if there was it would be alot more than 20 bucks to send it.

here is a god NEW topic...

Actually it has zero value at all in the United States, not worth the paper it is printed on. Again there is no brokerage fees being charged on the permit, if there was it would be alot more than 20 bucks to send it.

Doesn't matter if it has a value in the US. Some one in the US ordered it and paid $180 for. That is the purchase price some one in the US paid. There for that's the declared value.

7 years ago, I took my son to the Daytona 500 as a Christmas gift. I ordered the tickets online paid the S&H and when they got here. There was a customs document attached with the value of what I paid for the tickets. Something I could not use in Canada but there was still a need to declare a value... And we where standing in customs at Toronto airport the US boarder dude told me I had to declare the tickets going in to the US as it was an idem with a value I was not bringing back to Canada with me.

As for the video, I'll keep it in the other topic it's posted in.

How much does it cost to replace it if lost or stolen? Break it down. To have it delivered in Canada with a sig, they charge 17.50, in the US 20 bucks, to mail a letter in canada 55cents, to mail a letter to the us 2.99 DO THE MATH! They could have sent it for 2.99 and charged 2.50 more to those in the US, however they forced a sig on those deliveries due to the hassle of replacing a permit from the us and the higher risk of it getting lost crossing the border. I could really give a rats ass as to why it is 20 bucks for the US buyer, still a better deal than the 210,00 after nov 1 . I just get tired of 02 spewing out misinformation as in his long diatribe making up pure bullshit to rationalize the cost to deliver to US buyers.

Wow... Have you even looked at the customs regulations...

Got this in the mail today!!

11012013050_zps2a34fb7d.jpg

Hope this works, haven't loaded pictures yet.

Got one of mine today, as well.

BTW, for all the discussion about the green copy, yellow copy, etc, this permit was only accompanied with ONE white copy. :wtf:  I 'might' carry a photocopy with me.

BTW, for all the discussion about the green copy, yellow copy, etc, this permit was only accompanied with ONE white copy. :wtf:  I 'might' carry a photocopy with me.

Cool!

Again there is no brokerage fees being charged on the permit, if there was it would be alot more than 20 bucks to send it.

Really, can you verify that?  Maybe I'll wait and see if anyone who bought one in the US chimes in!

Just bought two permits. I was order number 61450!

Order number means nothing in regards to how many sold, log back into your profile and chek what number was assigned the permit you bought.

Mine says 20294 and I got it last Monday..

Boy cops in S. Ont are going to have fun this yr

Archived