2013-2014 permits

X dooer

I see you highlighted everything but the part where I said it was how it was explained to me! I disagreed with the whole green copy issue from the time I first heard it. I now carry the green copy at the OFSC's request to save myself some possible hassle but have never been asked for it! The whole thing is probably a non issue, but the bright side is we can have fun coming up with all the things don't carry paperwork for! Like my birth certificate or my boat operators card but I do have to carry my boat registration! Anyone want to add more.

It is the OFSC that is asking you to carry it! Maybe that is how the whole thing started! I wish some OPP officer would ask me right now for my green copy as it would mean I'm out riding instead of at work! It is snowing out and the grass is turning white! Ahh what a sight to see!

Exactly you do NOT need to carry the green paper so why argue about it

Case close

Thank you sir :snow-141:

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bbakernbay, Did you have to register first?

Yes you do have to register and then login

It took me all of 5 minutes to create profile, enter my sled data and log in and buy :ph34r:

https://permits.ofsc.on.ca/en

Then Create Account at the box on top line

Then enter your email address which is your user name and then enter a password and then that security number and you should be set to go.

Depending upon which Club you wish to purchase from you need to scroll around on the Google Map, you may need to zoom in on the area as some clubs are reporting they don't show up.

Good luck.

BB - NBSC

mine took 5 mins , hope all you guys read the terms of agreement fully and didnt just scroll to the bottom and agree , :icon_blah:

Ordered my permit yesterday whooohooo :hyper:  already pumped for a great winter and its still a few months away.  Only took a few mins no big deal. Thanks to you people on here so I knew to go back and check off yes to get the magazine's.  Next stop sled show next weekend.  

You're right you can go back in and edit your profile to check the box to get the two snowmobile magazines delivered to your door free.

I've been told that you don't start receiving them possibly until the following season which seems a little crazy in this day and age.

Many people filling out the paper Applications never checked that box on page 4 or 5 of the Application and so missed out on OFSC Trail Map and the magazines.

You're right you can go back in and edit your profile to check the box to get the two snowmobile magazines delivered to your door free.

I've been told that you don't start receiving them possibly until the following season which seems a little crazy in this day and age.

Many people filling out the paper Applications never checked that box on page 4 or 5 of the Application and so missed out on OFSC Trail Map and the magazines.

That's the way it's always been as far as I know Brian?

That's the way it's always been as far as I know Brian?

Yup

Just another little item that pisses people off.

It seems that it would be so easy to update a mailing address list every 2 weeks or every month.

People just shake their head when you tell them, first you must check off the box that is hidden on the paper forms and secondly, even if you do check the box, you probably won't get the Trail Map and magazines until next season.

They say I bought my Trail Pass and presumably am sharing in the cost of producing the map and magazines, then send me what I paid for.

In addition, the magazines really promote the OFSC well and they miss that.

Exactly you do NOT need to carry the green paper so why argue about it

Case close

Thank you sir :snow-141:

Hmm a frosty reply!!!!!!! How nice! When one states what he was told and you reply to it I would guess that you are the one arguing.

So thank you sir! :snow-141:

Just another little item that pisses people off.

It seems that it would be so easy to update a mailing address list every 2 weeks or every month.

People just shake their head when you tell them, first you must check off the box that is hidden on the paper forms and secondly, even if you do check the box, you probably won't get the Trail Map and magazines until next season.

They say I bought my Trail Pass and presumably am sharing in the cost of producing the map and magazines, then send me what I paid for.

In addition, the magazines really promote the OFSC well and they miss that.

Did you buy a pass last year? If so that will get you the maps this year and buying one this year will get you next years. Its always been like that! I have sold permits for years and always when selling them made sure the boxes where checked! We have told the dealers for years to make sure the boxes are checked. I have to ask is there a leagal issue with sending unsolisited mail?

Did you buy a pass last year? If so that will get you the maps this year and buying one this year will get you next years. Its always been like that! I have sold permits for years and always when selling them made sure the boxes where checked! We have told the dealers for years to make sure the boxes are checked. I have to ask is there a leagal issue with sending unsolisited mail?

It has to do with the privacy legislation where you have to expressly give your permission for your name and address to be used for the distribution of the magazines.

I've bought 3 permits a year, and the OFSC has my name, address, permission and request for magazines every year for the past three years. I have yet to see one magazine! Guess once they have my cash they just don't care about anything else.

I've bought 3 permits a year, and the OFSC has my name, address, permission and request for magazines every year for the past three years. I have yet to see one magazine! Guess once they have my cash they just don't care about anything else.

I have never missed one. I think I would follow up with them about it!

I have never missed one. I think I would follow up with them about it!

same here... I have always gotten the mags without fail. We have always bought two permits. and for a while got two copies of the mags until I contacted them and asked that they send only one. I would contact them and it should be able to be corrected easily. Either that or your mailman is a sledder keeping them for himself

Yes but I'll bet you never released your name to allow them to send it.

Then enter your email address which is your user name and then enter a password and then that security number and you should be set to go.

Depending upon which Club you wish to purchase from you need to scroll around on the Google Map, you may need to zoom in on the area as some clubs are reporting they don't show up.

Good luck.

BB - NBSC

I have been trying to do that for days, but does not seem to be working for me. I'll give it another go and if no luck, I will go to a friends that I know that is already registered and get them to get me a couple.

Good luck.

BB - NBSC

So when I click on create an account, I am to enter my email, then the security number, but there is no where to put a password. Tell's me that they will email me a new password, but there is no password in the email, just a one time use link to follow that take me back to the same page I started at and tells me that the link I used has already been used or expired. I guess I give my friends a call, and order it from their place.

So when I click on create an account, I am to enter my email, then the security number, but there is no where to put a password. Tell's me that they will email me a new password, but there is no password in the email, just a one time use link to follow that take me back to the same page I started at and tells me that the link I used has already been used or expired. I guess I give my friends a call, and order it from their place.

When you try again, after you receive the new email and click on the link, the screen is very similar to the previous screen, and it tells you that you have used your one time link, but there is a login button (Not the "Account Login" button).

From here you will get to a screen to allow you to set your password then save changes.  The screen does not change much, and it almost looks as if your change was rejected.  You can then click the "Edit Sleds / Buy Permits" button way up at the top left of the screen.  It is way above where it should be to be easily found.  Scroll to the top of the screen and you will see it on about the third line.

Hope this helps.

The OFSC technical team has just released a bulletin regarding some of the issues on-line users maybe experiencing. Here it is. ( Sorry but the screen shots that were included in the bulletin would not copy into this reply)

Team:

We have been experience a small number of isolated cases in which users have indicated they have not been able to complete their permit purchase transaction.  As these users were contacted an Internet Explorer configuration pattern was found.  Please review the issue description and resolution below.

The OFSC Online Permit Sales website is created with modern standards and web browsers in mind.  In isolated cases users may experience an issue completing a transaction if their browser is set to view all sites in compatibility mode.  This is a non-standard browser setup specific to Microsoft Internet Explorer.  To resolve this issue:

1.     Place a check beside the “Menu Bar” option.

2.     From the “Tools” menu option, select “Compatibility View settings”

3.     Remove the check from the box labeled “Display all websites in Compatibility View”

4.     Your browser will reload the website.  You will notice the website looks slightly different.  Please continue or restart your transaction.

Glad I read through this thread.  Hadn't gone back and checked the magazine box.

That may help but Sledjunk is right, you need to open the link they send you immediately by email and continue on entering your email and password. Just a security protocol used by many online ordering systems.

Just an FYI I got my account details Oct 10 but went online and purchased my permits Oct 21 All went very smooth with no probs

Archived