New restaurant in Magnetawan

Running Wild

Some may already know this but for those who don't there is a great new store and restaurant at the site of the Old Schmeler House. From what I could see on my short visit  the Schmeler has been totally transformed at least on the main level. We didn't have time to check out the food or even a drink but will be going back for sure.  About the only bad thing is the fact that there is about two miles of road running to get from Ahmic Lake to the downtown core. Search 'Magnetawan Grill and Grocery' for more info.

RW

Thanks for the update RW - haven't been that way in a while, but will keep this in mind. There is a fair amount of road running around town around the meeting area of a few trails - looks like my new Rouskis are going to pay off once in a while.

Good to know, Wildbill. Three of us went through Magnetawan last winter via 711, and trail conditions were excellent in the area except for a bit of road running right through the town. Otherwise the trails were perfect from Sprucedale to Duck Rock and back. Will try the 712 section next time.

We took our boat there while on vacation a week ago, restaurant was really nice.  Food was good and prices reasonable.  A definite stop in the winter.  Heres a link to the story of how it evolved from the Schmeler House.  There is also a marina open in the town now, on the Ahmic side of the locks.  Nice to see this small town bouncing back.  The boating in that area is awesome and now again a great place to stop in the winter.  And those surrounding trails are hidden gems!

Archived