Fire Ban

Canuck

Just noticed that some townships have a ban on open fires.

We're not used to that in the spring.

Play it safe.

__

I will add, however, that I have trouble with Severn Township's ban, splashed across their homepage:

http://www.townshipofsevern.com/

Fire Ban in Effect! No Daytime Burning!

Are nighttime fires allowed? Not tryin' to be a wise guy, but that's the only thing on page one of their website, in huge, red letters and I can't see how a fire ban should be daytime only.

are nighttime fires allowed? Not tryin' to be a wise guy, but that's the only thing on page one of their website, in huge, red letters and I can't see how a fire ban should be daytime only.

Night time the winds die out so fires are less volitile. Normal to me! Seen it many times.

I was wondering if it's because you can see the embers at night - where they fly and where they land.

Winds dying down makes more sense.

Simply never heard of a fire ban "daytime" only.

The Forest Fires Prevention Act generally allows for burning between 2 hours before sunset to 2 hours after Sunrise, as long as there is a responsible person to monitor the fire.  This can be overruled by a municipal, county or provincial fire ban.  As stated above, the winds are usually lower and the Relative Humidity is usually higher, which makes it safer. 

BP

That's the norm here when there is a daytime ban. Typically in the Summer there is always NO DAYTIME BURNING it pisses off people with the smoke, idiots burn too much and leave fires un attended. We're not talking campfires. Campfires for warmth, or cooking are permitted unless there is a TOTAL FIRE BAN, then there is no burning...24/7

Archived