Just wondering if anyone up near Carnarvon could keep us posted on the conditions of the lakes in Haliburton area.

The boat is itchin' to get wet . I know we aren't going to be in water as early as last year , but I'm hoping before the end of the month ? :hyper:

I hear there is 22" still on Halls lake if that helps any .It may be a while.

Thanks apeXMan . We are on Kushog so I'm sure it's about the same.

The ice will go quick, with rain and higher plus temps. May 24 until thanksgiving is boating season. That is 5 months and with high fuel prices most people only use the boat in July and august anyway's. Looks like the water shortage might be over for a change too.

What rain and high temps? We didn't get any rain yesterday or today and its freezing out. The bit of open water at the shoreline has frozen back up today. I think it will be a while before the ice is gone unless it warms up a lot.

I have a boat in the water already!! :)

Its not going anywhere, but it is floating ;)

I have a boat in the water already!! :

Its not going anywhere, but it is floating ;)

Should buy a lift. Really hard on the gel coat over time.

604_zps4708a54d.jpg

606_zps5b2cb2e8.jpg

a friend does the same with his barge... we winch it out onto the ice in winter so it settles in and floats as the ice melts.

Polaris racing is crying! Elmira opened for 4 weeks straight this winter and had great trails. Seen tons of trucks and trailers in town. Rode there myself a few times. Now shitty weather is delaying spring. I will take this weather anyway over 34.6 degree weather we had last year.

If anyone cares, the lake ice up on the Hwy 11 corridor isn't going anywhere soon. Snowing again, still in the - teens all last week overnight.

About 2 weeks ago someone came into the shop and told me there was enough ice that they had to put the extension on the ice auger. That means well over 4 feet. The main river in town is just starting to show signs of flow around the shallow sections. Still snowing this morning, and it looks like I'm going for a ride today, one last beating on the F-DLX maybe.

Won't be any boats in up here for a month, I guarantee that.

Maybe the ice won't melt up there this summer. Calling for snow here in southern Ontario next Friday with a high of 3c. Going to be a late planting season here this year. Looking like second week of may at the earliest.

Maybe the ice won't melt up there this summer. Calling for snow here in southern Ontario next Friday with a high of 3c. Going to be a late planting season here this year. Looking like second week of may at the earliest.

that sucks... wasn't there someone here who said it was time to trade the sled in on a boat.... maybe it's time I trade the boat in for something else. Hate to think about how long it will take for the water to be comfortable for swimming.

Not that I'd trust the ice now...but there is no sign of ice break up on Boshkung now. There was fresh snow this week and a dusting last night. Only just barely zero out this morning! Is this April or December?

Not that I'd trust the ice now...but there is no sign of ice break up on Boshkung now. There was fresh snow this week and a dusting last night. Only just barely zero out this morning! Is this April or December?

Are the water levels up yet?

Water levels haven't come up yet.

Water levels haven't come up yet.

Have a look where it's open..out front of my place it's come up 6" since last weekend.

Thats good news. It's still solid in the bay.

I can't remember an April this cold. Oh well no bugs yet.

Had the property surveyed last year and in the past couple of days the water level has come up to the high water mark from the survey. Unbelievable how much it came up over night.

Had the property surveyed last year and in the past couple of days the water level has come up to the high water mark from the survey. Unbelievable how much it came up over night.

Ditto here...our lake system has come up more than 10" in the last 36 hours alone. And all this heavy rain (about 4" since Weds. night) has rotted the ice incredibly fast. As recently as early this week, I had thought it was going to be here until early May, but now I'd say it could be gone after this weekend.

Archived