heading to North Bay

white dragon

we are heading to sudbury from nb...2 black & 1 orange polaris...we post report tonite

Have a great trip!

I am heading from my desk to the lunchroom ... and kinda hate you right now.

But have a great trip, lol

X3 .... Kinda?

Im moving my sled to the storage shed , have fun, cant wait to here your report WD

we are heading to sudbury from nb...2 black & 1 orange polaris...we post report tonite

We are still waiting!!!

well,never headed to sudbury...couple guys told us it was getting rough that way..we headed to new liskeard....trails have been great so far....heading toward matachewan & down c...hope all is good..will have report & pics when home...there is 2 wks riding for sure up here

we trailered to portage in north bay,things were alittle wet.

newliskeard2013001_zps6f60c2ce.jpg

after speaking to sledders who just came back from sudbury,told us it was rough.we decided new liskeard was where to go.nice & simple...the AD to A...trails were alittle soft...but smooth

newliskeard2013005_zpsd970bdac.jpg

stopped for a bite & break on trail...

newliskeard2013006_zps06b3c2ab.jpg

few more pics of A

GOPR0406_zps102c035b.jpg

GOPR0513_zps2e6eed1a.jpg

stopped at marten river for gas & drink...couple ladies on sleds told us...trails are great north of therenewliskeard2013003_zps6b6a117d.jpg

river is open alittle

GOPR0952_zps84477f54.jpg

A trail from temagami to new liskeard was amazing...did some night riding which was great in the warm weather

once in new liskeard we found out there was a hockey toury going on...only room for miles was $ 250...1 bed & 1 pull out...tbc

the next morning we were on the trail by 8...we wanted to head to elk lk,but missed the 1st we should have turned at...short story...we rode around in circles for 2 hrs...nice trails but put us behind schedule..once going the right way,we hit a107c west

newliskeard2013008_zpsace68b5d.jpg

snow was thin around gowgana lk

newliskeard2013013_zpsd704053d.jpg

finally met ron & his wife...nice place...filled up,couple bars & pop...heading to rockies for dinner..the C trail was in good shape right to rockies...thx god

newliskeard2013020_zps64adbb1a.jpg

we left rockies,droves across the lake only to get lost again for about a hr...after getting back on track we hooked up to c206d to D...D was wash board from there right to A|D...there was a small section that was groomed...A|D was bumpy right to portage...arrived there around 11:30...made it home by 2:30...put 130 miles on fri aft & 388 mile saturday

was a great ride & glad it was warm...if you go north invest in ice scrapers for sure...

more pics...random...

newliskeard2013010_zpsae7efd9b.jpg

newliskeard2013011_zps9f6f4b37.jpg

newliskeard2013017_zpsd132e84d.jpg

newliskeard2013015_zps27760b43.jpg

Great report and pics.

Glad you're enjoying the warm weather!

thanks for the pics. Gives me a trip down memory lane, we haven't been able to go on trips like we used to since having a baby but have been to all these places several times. We're looking forward to getting back to that in a couple more years. Till then I'll live vicariously through you. lol

thanks for the pics. Gives me a trip down memory lane, we haven't been able to go on trips like we used to since having a baby but have been to all these places several times. We're looking forward to getting back to that in a couple more years. Till then I'll live vicariously through you. lol

glad i can help.;..you'll be out with your kid before you know it...

Nice pics WD. I really love the story. That was too funny about how you were lost a couple of times. How did that happen in NL???? Too fast maybe? LOL

Glad to see the pumps are running again this year at The Rock!!! Always a nice little stop for fuel and food. Glad you got the ride in and all safe and sound.

How did that happen in NL???? Too fast maybe?

my buddy bill drives like the cops are chasing us...that could be the problem

march2013newliskeard007_zpsc2373cff.jpg

Very enjoyable report and pics WD. Awesome way to end the season. :icon_goodpost:

oh...its not over yet...hoping for 2 more rides before i call it quits...cochrane in early april is best

i see u like to park in the middle of the trail when u stop please pull over to the right thanks

actually never my sled on trail...but thx for the tip..,.

actually never my sled on trail...but thx for the tip..,.

It was on a turn off anyway's. I have issue with groups parking to sleds wide up north just before a hill. Half the time they are standing on the rest of the trail smoking or having a beer.

we're planning on riding to wolfe mountain near sudbury this weekend and doing the loop around it and then back to north bay. Should be a good ride, still lots of snow here. Cochrane in april rocks. Looking forward to getting back up there in the near future.

Archived