Mar 2-3 D5 and 9 Ride.. Trip report and some pics..

Turbo Doo

The last few weekends we rode from the cottage, and this past weekend we decided to ride from my house. Chatted to a few guys from the area about trail conditions etc, and we decided to try it out.. We rode from Roseville(my house), to Teviotdale for gas, and a little rest, then off to the Top End Tavern in Nuestadt for lunch, and back home. Stopped at the St.Clements club house for a few "POPS", before heading home. All i can say, is the trail conditions were darn near perfect. I am going to go out on a limb here, and say way better riding then the last 2 weekends in D8..Only thing i can say negative about it, is the road crossings. But thats to be expected in the southern area, when they scrap the shoulders down past the gravel!!!YIKES!!..400km's saturday and 100km's on sunday with my wife. All in all a great weekend in the D5-D9 area's and hope we get to do it again..Maybe this weekend?...

Here's a few pictures to enjoy...

Thanks for the pictures! Was my intention to get west of highway 400 in southern Ontario this season, but it is so much easier to head 401 east from where I am. Will have to make the effort next year. (as per some of the other threads, looks like nice sight lines so you can spot any oncoming A-holes well in advance!)

Thanks for the pictures! Was my intention to get west of highway 400 in southern Ontario this season, but it is so much easier to head 401 east from where I am. Will have to make the effort next year. (as per some of the other threads, looks like nice sight lines so you can spot any oncoming A-holes well in advance!)

Very true. The area is kinda like NL. Just a lot closer for us southern folks. LOL

nice you get to ride near home...great pics thx

And if you keep going north from Nuestadt the trails up to Owen Sound are mint as well , the whole area is in good shape right now .

And if you keep going north from Nuestadt the trails up to Owen Sound are mint as well , the whole area is in good shape right now .

X2

Wow, the trails all over District 9 right now are just awesome. Every trail was freshly groomed either last night or the night before. Unbelievable!! I was worried about deciding to come here instead of New Liskeard for a few days. Now I am SO HAPPY that we decided to ride here. Will post pics later.

BTW nice pics IQ turbo. That is why we are here now. LOL

I ran another 260km today , about 1000km since Friday :) Trails today still great groomed almost everywhere but the sun is not on our side , get out this week before its over . Some of those flip down wheels would of been nice today .

I ran another 260km today , about 1000km since Friday :) Trails today still great groomed almost everywhere but the sun is not on our side , get out this week before its over . Some of those flip down wheels would of been nice today .

I rode 325km and didn't have to go down one road. Great when you know the whole system. I have all of the road running marked on my maps over the years.

sure nice do hit good trails right at home

i was very impressed with the Elmira trails last weekend

Archived