Hey Faceman

Do you think the trails in your area will survive until the weekend of the 16th.

A group of us are planning a final trip of the season.

Can you recommend a place to stay. Like a cottage or a place that could accommodate more than 6 people?

16th my friend is a long way away. If it does I would recommend Francis Lake Cottages. Check Google, too lazy to look myself right now. If you want to fire off a post next week and I'll give you a straight up.

Ok I looked www.lakefranciscottages.com Nice folks, club supporters.

Do you think the trails in your area will survive until the weekend of the 16th.

A group of us are planning a final trip of the season.

Can you recommend a place to stay. Like a cottage or a place that could accommodate more than 6 people?

Trails will be done after this coming weekend. With plus temps and no snow left on roads will be hard to get around. Things could change, but I think this will be the last weekend.

Just looked at the long ranger and they've knocked the highs down to just above freezing but really sunny. Who knows.

Just looked at the long ranger and they've knocked the highs down to just above freezing but really sunny. Who knows.

Looks like a nice spot for a group. For the record I am going to say "HOLY CRAP I can't believe how nice the trails are in District 9 right now" Quite a few people taking advantage of these trails today. Will post pics later tonight. Need a drink. LOL

Trails are awesome. Left at 2 back at 6. 325 km on the odometer. All on one tank of fuel. Have Been great since last Friday. Was great family day weekend as well. I have been getting 800km a week. Going to need a new sled next year again.

4 hrs.....325 km WTF :icon_doh: 4 goes into 325 about 81.25km/h

Was a fast ride today. Mitchell to palmerston

only took me 20 mins. Trails are fast and flat

and fields are big. Had the etec wound right out.

Lots of big open wide fields around here. My

neighbor did 575km yesterday alone. A kid past me today. Didn't even seen him in my mirrors. Must have been doing 170. I was well over the speed limit too. Never seen trails so fast.

I definitely agree. Trails are in great shape and fast. Now think back a month ago and I know I was thinking that feb 7 storm they were calling for would be BS and there would be no local riding again this year. 5 weeks of great local trails satisfies my need. Sure more would be better but that's just me being greedy.

BRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!

neighbor did 575km yesterday alone. A kid past me today. Didn't even seen him in my mirrors. Must have been doing 170. I was well over the speed limit too. Never seen trails so fast.

I did my 256km yesterday in 6 hours dam I'm getting old , please go slow in the tight bush trails .

I call horse poop. That is a 50 + km ride straight up hwy 23, (google maps says 52.1 km, 43 mins) let alone going through bushes, fields, curves etc...

Mitchell to Palmerston in 20 min......wow.....I've been sleddin' for 35 yrs and never done anything that quick(course i'm not the quickest at anything) fastest i've done from palmerston to mitchell on a sled would be in the neighborhood of 45 min, and that was really humpin' it i thought. takes that long, or close to it, in the ole hemi dodge and that's humpin' it. likely most i ever did in one day on the ski doo would be about 350km, and that was likely at least a 6 or 7 hour day, course i like to take breaks.

Mitchell to Palmerston in 20 min......wow.....I've been sleddin' for 35 yrs and never done anything that quick(course i'm not the quickest at anything) fastest i've done from palmerston to mitchell on a sled would be in the neighborhood of 45 min, and that was really humpin' it i thought. takes that long, or close to it, in the ole hemi dodge and that's humpin' it. likely most i ever did in one day on the ski doo would be about 350km, and that was likely at least a 6 or 7 hour day, course i like to take breaks.

350 k is a long day of pretty well paced riding

Going to need a new sled next year again.

Should have bought another Yamaha. They last more than a year :lol:

Are you going to look at the 1200? 900 ACE? 800 ETec? 600 ETec? 600 ACE? So many choices... probably take most of the year to decide. :poke2: :poke2:

Should have bought another Yamaha. They last more than a year :lol:

Are you going to look at the 1200? 900 ACE? 800 ETec? 600 ETec? 600 ACE? So many choices... probably take most of the year to decide. :poke2: :poke2:

:lmao: One year won't be long enough...

Been 10 years now but in March of 2003 on my 2003 Rev 600 HO I did 260 kms in under 4 hours including a stop for fuel. Trails were hard and flat.

St Jacobs to Brussels, to Seaforth (stopped to talk to my Ex on my cell), down to Stratford for fuel and home to ST Jacobs.

That '03 was not good on fuel, especially when on the throttle.

I believe you Viperrules700. It's amazing how much terrain you can cover when you are alone on fast trails.

:right_on:

Been 10 years now but in March of 2003 on my 2003 Rev 600 HO I did 260 kms in under 4 hours including a stop for fuel. Trails were hard and flat.

I wasn't pushing it either. Etec don't have to stop for fuel. Was no one on the trails on Tuesday either. Great day for a ride.

St Jacobs to Brussels, to Seaforth (stopped to talk to my Ex on my cell), down to Stratford for fuel and home to ST Jacobs.

That '03 was not good on fuel, especially when on the throttle.

I believe you Viperrules700. It's amazing how much terrain you can cover when you are alone on fast trails.

:right_on:

The problem is he was exceeding the posted 30mph limit and it shocks us to hear that someone was actually able to do that :)

The problem is he was exceeding the posted 30mph limit and it shocks us to hear that someone was actually able to do that :)

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I always stay on my side of the trail and slow down on blind corners. It is fun to get some air on the field trails. The long tracks really launch nice and smooth out the landing. It was fun for an afternoon. I always ride slow on the weekends because of traffic and the police are out with thier radar guns. So did you put on 95 hours to do the 4500km this winter?

I always stay on my side of the trail and slow down on blind corners. It is fun to get some air on the field trails. The long tracks really launch nice and smooth out the landing. It was fun for an afternoon. I always ride slow on the weekends because of traffic and the police are out with thier radar guns. So did you put on 95 hours to do the 4500km this winter?

Hours sorry thats something I don't keep track of , but to guess I'd say 130 to 150 hours .

Hours sorry thats something I don't keep track of , but to guess I'd say 130 to 150 hours .

Holy crap! That is like 4 times my hours. Your seat must be worn out!

Archived