barrie to norland B104

white dragon

headed out of orillia on B104 this morning...couple of brown spots on farmers field just outside of town.other than that,the trails were recently groomed...very little road rash..carden trails were great too,all the way to norland...this area doesn't seem to see much traffic,so trails were not beat...maybe seen 15 sleds...best breaky in norland i have had to date...& cheap...all in all another great local ride...i think will have a week left around here,then it's north bay & north

mar42013012_zps87da09c7.jpg

downtown norland

mar42013011_zps1505b6bb.jpg

mar42013010_zpsa464be0e.jpg

mar42013009_zpsd00b69db.jpg

Who a thunk there'd be snow in this area? Sure beats last year. Good looking trails!

1st time in that area riding in 6 yrs...was bit of a treat

Great report. I will be doing that trip tomorrow with my dad.

Great report. I will be doing that trip tomorrow with my dad.

warm weather this week will deterioate the trail fast,good your going tomorrow...have fun

Just so happy to be riding from home.

Yes I agree. I was hoping to ride with of7 on thursday but we might have to change those plans. I'm just so happy to ride local trails.

Today we rode from Lagoon City to Orillia. Lake Couchiching was very smooth and fast. Then we rode back to Lagoon City on the B trail. The trails were recently groomed like WD said and there has been very little traffic on them. We saw 4 sleds out during our journey. I will go out again tomorrow with my neighbour and enjoy if while we can.

Today we rode from Lagoon City to Orillia. Lake Couchiching was very smooth and fast. Then we rode back to Lagoon City on the B trail. The trails were recently groomed like WD said and there has been very little traffic on them. We saw 4 sleds out during our journey. I will go out again tomorrow with my neighbour and enjoy if while we can.

if your around wed,think we are going out for ride...

I would love to but I have to work the rest of the week. Where are you thinking of riding?

I would love to but I have to work the rest of the week. Where are you thinking of riding?

trailer to pt sydney....

were doing pt sydney today also

were doing pt sydney today also

mm...could you give a report on today's ride...we'll be leaving from ultramar wed morning

Yup , heading to Kearney for lunch and back home

Do you guys think the trails will last the weekend around midland and orillia? Looking to go somewhere this weekend. Thanks.

trails will last,its the road running that will kill it

trails will last,its the road running that will kill it

I rode tuesday from Brechin to Orillia, down the rail line towards barrie (B112B, goomed table top smooth to line 5. thank you so much odsc), turned around at line 5 because I was having too much fun and rode back to the 203 and headed north to the B trail and back to Just Eddies in Orillia for 10:30 brunch. After fuelling up we went back on Lake Couch and took the b105c trail up to midland. Turned around and rode back to Lagoon City and headed out of Lake Simcoe to visit the ice fishermen near Thorah Island. They were fishing outside their huts wearing T-shirts... it was really warm in the afternoon . I didn't want the day to end.

WD is right. The trails were very good considering the amount of snow. The clubs did the best they could maintaining them and I really appreciate their hard work. The road running is painful but you forget the pain once you're back on the trail. Unfortunately I can still hear the sound of my sliders crying as I write this. Thank you ODSC, Baxter, and all the volunteers.

I hope you will be able to ride these trails this weekend but it will depend on the weather this week. Make sure your sliders are in good shape. Mine are done.

Has anybody rode the east side of Simcoe recently? I'd like to ride from Pefferlaw river up to the Lagoon city trail. Any recent details would be helpful

I.ve rode from Sutton over to Hawkstone the last couple of days which is fine as long as your careful there are a lot of pressure cracks and unmarked fishing holes out there.

Sorry this is a bit late but on Wed we rode the rail trail from Barrie to Orillia and it was great. Came out on to Couch and the lake was another great run. We ran up to the north end then back down and crossed over to the B trail in Rama or basicly the Monk rd. The trial had lots of bare patches and kept getting worse and worse.

iphonestuff008_zps0129bfca.jpg

Ran the trail and it goes out on the road and there is no snow at all. We kept going and shoving snow into our tracks figuring once we got back into the bush it would be ok. Got out to Hwy 169 and the little resturant. Grabbed a coffee and my buddy's recoil seized. Couldn't get the sled to start even with the emerg rope thingy. I headed back thorough all the dry sections but headed south once the B trial came back out to Rama rd and Monk rd. Made it out to Simcoe and it was flat and smooth. Lots of pressure cracks to jump but it's what I do with all the fishing.

iphonestuff012_zps63b8b935.jpg

Got back to the car and trailered back up to get the down sled.

working this weekend but most of the trails in Innisfil are dirt now. Now way to connect most of the stuff up. I guess north is the only place to salvage the winter.

One more trip next weekend out winter camping. Hope the ice bridges hold up for us. Almost got caught last year as some of the creeks opened up making the return trip rather difficult.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

RR

You can always join us for the ride in New Liskeard next weekend?!

great report ravine rat. I like that picture of the farmers dirt field. I remember staying to the side and riding past it last week. Try and join the OC crew in new liskeard march 16-17

great pics...that field was like that (not as bad) 2 wks ago...

I'd love to join in on the ride. I am actually away on the sled winter camping that weekend. As you can see by all the gas I am carrying I have a bit of an issue with gas consumptionin this warmer weather on the 550 Fan. May have to go back to a touring sled. Enjoy your trip.

RR

Archived