THE "NO-GAS" STATION IN CARNARVON

Was by there about !:30 pm today Saturday to get a paper.Locked up and CLOSED sign in window.Maybe they have finally bit the dust!!

Hope somebody buys it that has some business acumen! It's a great location and a potential to do really well.

Thanks for the update Derf!

I heard that they lost the LCBO contract and with no gas and no LCBO it was only a matter of time.

I heard that they lost the LCBO contract and with no gas and no LCBO it was only a matter of time.

Pretty bad when you run a liquor store into the ground. Has Canarvon been overrun by Baptists?

Pretty bad when you run a liquor store into the ground. Has Canarvon been overrun by Baptists?

Truckloads of them! They are planting crops all along the trails too!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest YamaDoo

Come back next season and you'll see a nice new Ultramar gas station in Carnarvon! We need it real bad. Isnt the LicBo going across the road?

A properly run service station with fair pricing will be welcome.

I would not be surprised to see the LCBO move across the road..they have the space for it and also attract plenty of traffic.

• 1 month later...

I was thru the metropolis of Canarvon twice today. The store on the north side seems to be doing some renovations (stopped in for some Gatorade). In the morning there didn't appear to be any activity @ the no-gas station. In the afternoon, there was a service truck & some guys working in the area of the pumps. There was an empty U Haul flat trailer & some taller looking pumps sitting on the ground. The existing pumps were still in place.

I have no idea what is going on there..I'm sure jrhz will know. I've heard it's to become an Ultramar but that's just a rumour.

The LCBO has a tender out for a new agent which might explain the renos where you bought your Gatorade (Jug City). Would not be surprised if they went after the bid.

I spoke w/ a guy a few years ago in Oshawa that cottaged on Boshkung. He didn't have anything nice to say about the "no-gas" guy.

Then you guys have posted the incompetence on here. It seems amazing a guy can run an Agency Store into the ground. Could it be a situation where the guy p!@#ed off so many people that they bought their booze elsewhere?

The Jug City has done some reno's to their store and has applied for the LCBO license. Hope he gets it. The No Gas station has new Esso pumps. Gonna have to do some digging around to get the scoop on whats happening there.

The Jug City has done some reno's to their store and has applied for the LCBO license. Hope he gets it. The No Gas station has new Esso pumps. Gonna have to do some digging around to get the scoop on whats happening there.

Oh no, he is back? Esso again really. I was hoping for shell. Going to be 10 cents more again too!

Don't know if its the same guy of not. Nice new red and white pumps installed yesterday with big tiger graphic on the bottom. Looks like Esso again. I was hoping for Shell too.

As long as its a new owner that's the first step. I can't see Esso installing anything for the old owner. Somebody must have bought the franchise/ license? At least there will be local gas again.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the "nice new" looking pumps do look new from the road but when you get up close they actually look older than the old ones. Hoses are cracked and numbers faded. Odd, replacing old pumps with older pumps.

Is it the same "old owner" too? There is no way it takes three weeks to install new pumps and get them up and running! In the city they can turn around a whole brand new station in a week.

As far as I know it's still the same old owner.

Too much I tell yeah!

Too bad. Look for more poor service and inflated gas prices then. Likely more of the same as las year. Running out of gas, propane.

• 2 months later...

The "NoGas"station has apparently reopened. Some are saying new owners but I don't know if they are new owners or the owners we had before.

The LCBO and Beer store is now across the street at the Jug City and it's bigger and much better stocked.

The "NoGas"station has apparently reopened. Some are saying new owners but I don't know if they are new owners or the owners we had before.

The LCBO and Beer store is now across the street at the Jug City and it's bigger and much better stocked.

I am speechless!

Must be the old owners, 131.9 for regular!

I'm pretty sure that was the price in Toronto today.

Archived