Gowganda Lake Camp

Giddy UP

Just want to say a BIG THANK YOU to Ron & Giselle at Gowganda Lake Camp! Our group arrived there last Saturday and stayed 2 days before heading out to Quebec for our Saddlebag adventure. Ron not only is a great cook (meals delivered right to your cottage) but had the trails in tip top shape as well. He even went over the top - after he cooked up a hearty breakfast for our group prior to leaving for Quebec....he jumped on his trusty sled and we met him at a water crossing on the L136 that he was filling in to help us cross over! What a guy!!!

I will definitely come back to this kind of great hospitality - cozy clean cottages - and fantastic cooking - just what every sledder is looking for!

A big TWO THUMBS UP from the SledHeads at Large!

Giddy UPsidedown ;)

Sounds like you had a good trip , we are leaving in a hour to see Ron and Giselle ourselfs , is the upsidedown thing going to stick ?

LOL - I hope NOT MM! No more UPsidedown for me! hehehe. Have a safe drive and a great trip! :woot::wavey: :wavey:

LOL - I hope NOT MM! No more UPsidedown for me! hehehe. Have a safe drive and a great trip! :woot::wavey: :wavey:

I sense a story ????

I sense a story ????

ummmmmmm.....yes :( I don't have the pic of me updside down in the ravine - but this pic is taken at the top of the cliff looking down into it. Perhaps you can get a sense of how far down I fell....... :( Thank goodness for all the fresh snow (and lots of it)!! to cushion would would have been a disaster otherwise! This pic was taken after they turned my sled "right side up" and had to use the tow rope to actually climb up that bank - the sled was driven down the river a little ways to find a lower bank and climbed right out without problem :D

photo3_zpsc65fbebd.jpg

AND - here's a pic of our "hardworking Ron" - out on the 136 making sure that the water crossing was easier to cross for our gang! Thanks Ron for your endless efforts in making the trails in your area spectacular!

SledHeadAdventure2013025_zps4247a69d.jpg

SledHeadAdventure2013023_zps2fe48a81.jpg

C106A - outside of Matachewan was AWESOME

SledHeadAdventure2013037_zps61113e3e.jpg

I am glad that you (and your sled) are OK. I am sure that was a scare!

Thanks Shari -yes it was definitely one to remember - there were so many things that actually happened on this trip that we do not want to repeat .......LOL! But Gowganda Lake Lodge was definitely a great place to stay and the surrounding trails were AWESOME! Hope we get an extended season in Almaguin - we are heading back to Kearney on Thursday for a week :D

Thanks Shari -yes it was definitely one to remember - there were so many things that actually happened on this trip that we do not want to repeat .......LOL! But Gowganda Lake Lodge was definitely a great place to stay and the surrounding trails were AWESOME! Hope we get an extended season in Almaguin - we are heading back to Kearney on Thursday for a week :D

We too loved Gowganda Lake Lodge, there hospitality were second to none. We hadn't planned on staying there but Three Bears gave them a call and set us up. We arrived late but they kept the store open for us and welcomed us with a hot meal. Highly recommend this lodge!

Have fun in Almaguin, we were there all last week and the trails were awesome with the exception of some of Top D, snow cover a little thin in places, but the club trails were next to perfect all week. Hubby headed up on Friday - Sunday with some of the guys. Me I am headed to Arizona for 10 days, still hope to get a few more weekends in though.

Glad you're okay!

We're looking forward to our stay there later this week.

Wonderful hosts and the trails look awesome.

Thanks for the report.

We started our Northern Blastoff from Gowganda Lake Camp last year. Due to the issues that arose we had to cancel our planned last night there.

Great hosts & nice cabins :right_on: .

Giddy-up, I think that last picture is just plain awesome….sure gives me the itch to go sledding.

Quite the fall you had,….glad you’re OK

Thanks for the pics and report and I’ll definitely think that area next season.

I would most definitely recommend the area - there are many trails like that last picture I posted :D It is truly a great area around the Matachewan/Shining Tree/Gowganda/Elk Lake area. Not a fan of further south of that as there are many open fields that become drifty and I prefer the wooded trails myself :D

Gowganda Lake Camp is definitely one that you should look at staging from or even staying for a few days - the others in the area are also very nice - Elk Cabins and Three Bears (although I cannot speak first hand about the accommodations as I have never stayed overnight there - only meals) :D

The fall was nasty and still has me laid up with whiplash as I type :( I sure hope that I can get in at least 1 more ride this season - I just need more vino maybe! :D :D :cheers: :cheers:

We just got back from 3 days and 850 ks and stayed at GLL and did day loops , Ron and Giselle are great hosts for sure , they made sure we were warm ,full of food ,full of gas , and on the best trails , dont forget to visit this place in the summer for fishing ,Atving , swimming , already planing our summer visit

Thanks for the info everyone….

Sorry about your pain Giddy-Up……whiplash can be a long healing process. Physiotherapy (sp?) helped cure me after a car accident years ago. Agree vino helps :Drinking2: Best wishes for a good recovery and for you getting back on the trails ASAP.

We left Gowganda Lake Camp this morning and can attest to the wonderful hospitality.

A freshly groomed trail from Gowganda to Elk Lake and an equally smooth trail from Elk Lake to New Liskeard were a perfect ending to our trip.

Thanks again, Ron, Giselle and family.

• 2 weeks later...

We are currently staying at Gowganda Lake Lodge..a family of 4 on a March Break Adventure and the hospitality here is absolutely wonderful. From clean, cozy comfortable cabins to meals brought to your door you couldn't ask for anything more. Ron, Giselle and their boys Jack and Max make you feel like you are right at home and to us this is one of the most important parts about being away. Our two girls are having such a good time they are trying to wiggle another night out of my wife!!!

If you are thinking of a place in the area..I highly recommend that you don't give it another thought... this is the place to stay!!!

My wife and I are heardin to Auld Rikki Lodge this weekend for a little us time.

Might even take the sleds out of the trailer.

Our group stayed at Gowganda Lake Lodge Friday February 15 of this year as part of our four-day trip, and would highly recommend staying there! We are going to try and get back next snowmobile season and maybe for a fall ATV trip. Food and hospitality second to none!

Ron was kind enough to email the adjoining club near Timmins for us, and when my g/f and I purchased a picture frame and ornament from their General Store, Giselle wrapped it gently in a towel and taped it so as not to get damaged. Giselle if you read this, the frame made it home in one piece! Many thanks!

Archived