bala

2fast4u

Just wondering if anyone has ridden bala area this year and how.the trails are? Just trying to plan a ride for tm. Thanks.

Just wondering if anyone has ridden bala area this year and how.the trails are? Just trying to plan a ride for tm. Thanks.

check the ofsc trail map...if its yellow,there a reason...week ago towards pt carling on c102d it was red...wasn't groomed & looked like a tree was cut by neighbouring poperty to block trail...there is a story behind every ungroomed or closed trail...heard story about wasaga not grooming issue...just unbelievable...important groomer ops are sledders & care...not just a paycheck...oops..whining

I rode from Gravenhurst to Bracebridge and Port Carling, and then back to Gravenhurst via Bala two weeks ago. Trail 33 between Bracebridge and Port Carling was yellow at that time, but the trail between Port Carling, Bala and Gravenhurst was excellent. Now the map shows 33 as green. (I could be wrong but the part of C102D shown as red has been red all winter, so there must be an issue. It is a simple matter to use 33 to bypass the closed part of C102D) Hopefully someone will have more recent information, but I would assume the conditions are just as good now, if not better. Have fun.

Did the ride yesterday, from Huntsville, around port carling, bala ,gravenhurst and back. The c102d was a little choppy as you near p carling. Aside from that ( maybe 5 k ) the loop was in pretty good shape

This past Wednesday I rode from Port Stanton to Bala via C101D and it was awesome!! We did the loop from South of Gravenhurst-Bala-Mactier-Parry Sound-Sprucedale-Port Sydney-Bracebridge-Gravenhurst-South end of Sparrow lake. It was 175 miles and I would say 166 miles were excellent and the other 9 miles just south of Mactier were good. Lots of snow and awesome trails. You should be really good to go.

I rode from Gravenhurst to Bracebridge and Port Carling, and then back to Gravenhurst via Bala two weeks ago. Trail 33 between Bracebridge and Port Carling was yellow at that time, but the trail between Port Carling, Bala and Gravenhurst was excellent. Now the map shows 33 as green. (I could be wrong but the part of C102D shown as red has been red all winter, so there must be an issue. It is a simple matter to use 33 to bypass the closed part of C102D) Hopefully someone will have more recent information, but I would assume the conditions are just as good now, if not better. Have fun.

think your right about C102D...we took a chance & should have followed ofsc map advice...don't want anyone else to try...what about trail that exits town behind bala bay inn...it was closed...is it a lake trail

Archived