family day ride

white dragon

took son (13 yr old) & daughter out for ride,was boys first ride on trails...daughter was with me...did a 65 mile loop thru orillia & barrie trails...lots of traffic...some speeders,but slow right down when they see a little pink helmet up front...trails were beat for most part but some really nice parts too...good to see everybody out enjoyin the sportfeb162013003_zpsee481bb1.jpg

feb162013002_zps4f00c61c.jpg

That picture is priceless. The one of the kids of course. Glad you had a SAFE day on the trails. We were on the Orillia trails Thursday. They were

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great to see them both out there with you.

We (North Bay SC) have over 150 Free Trail Passes issued already.

I did about 125 kms today and lots of traffic.

IMHO, I don't think handing out Free Trail Passes on the busiest weekend of the year is that smart.

If you were running a restaurant and if you knew you were going to be full and have trouble giving the usual good service, would you then invite more people to come for free on the same weekend. NO.

Too many sleds = Torn up trails which causes the paying permit riders to be angry and the freebies aren't impressed either because of the high volumes and poor trails.

Another weekend, maybe, but certainly not Family Day Long Weekend.

BB

Great to see them both out there with you.

We (North Bay SC) have over 150 Free Trail Passes issued already.

I did about 125 kms today and lots of traffic.

IMHO, I don't think handing out Free Trail Passes on the busiest weekend of the year is that smart.

If you were running a restaurant and if you knew you were going to be full and have trouble giving the usual good service, would you then invite more people to come for free on the same weekend. NO.

Too many sleds = Torn up trails which causes the paying permit riders to be angry and the freebies aren't impressed either because of the high volumes and poor trails.

Another weekend, maybe, but certainly not Family Day Long Weekend.

BB

agree about timing of free pass...& freebies probably complaining about beat up trails...is it worth putting out free pass (especially 3 days) when trails get so pounded...how much time & $ to repair damage done...or does this happen every wk-end...i don't usually ride on wk-ends...

Love the old Jag ... and the family pic of course !!!

Love the old Jag ... and the family pic of course !!!

jag is a great old sled...it will get a break for couple yrs when son drives dragon next yr...will have to replace seat cover before daughter takes over...you know how girls can be

jag is a great old sled...it will get a break for couple yrs when son drives dragon next yr...will have to replace seat cover before daughter takes over...you know how girls can be

Behave now! LOL

Yes we are a little particular aren't we?

Behave now! LOL

Yes we are a little particular aren't we?

its starts at a early age from what i can see....lol

Passed you and waved on 203.We were the group with the two old yellow safaris.We had 4 in our group with the free pass taking in our trails and they were loving it.The Jag caught my attention right off.Great day for a ride!

Kerry

Passed you and waved on 203.We were the group with the two old yellow safaris.We had 4 in our group with the free pass taking in our trails and they were loving it.The Jag caught my attention right off.Great day for a ride!

Kerry

yup...remember the 2 yellow safaris...& now your avatar pic too...was beautiful out...took today off...back out tomorrow for another loop...glad you guys had a good ride..nice to ride local trails

Archived