Lake of Bays

swo-man

We did it a couple weeks ago, it wasn't staked but there were more than 50 sets of tracks before us

We did it a couple weeks ago, it wasn't staked but there were more than 50 sets of tracks before us

Thanks. That's been my experience as well. It gets pretty well tracked and you can follow the tracks. I think they only stake the one section on the north part of the lake that is marked on the OFSC map. Were they skipping under the bridge when you were there?

the staked section in Dwight was a good run yesterday , staked and fast , no sure on the other areas , ride the trails they are tabletops we did Pt Sydney to dwight and all clubs were groomed up nice

We ran it last week a couple times, good going with lots of tracks most of the way. There was one pressure crack to beware of, if you are coming from Dwight it was just before you get that long view north up into Ten Mile Bay, I believe between Turners Island and the shore. It was heaved up a bit on the island side with a bit of open/slush on the N shore side and changed a bit each time we crossed it.

So Id ask around about that one as this lake always changes, lots of ice on the main routes but local knowledge is good as always. As they say "know before you go" :right_on:

Archived