Dwight/Huntsville for the weekend?

Akronsnow

How are the trails holding up for this weekend around Dwight / what direction should we ride?? Coming up Saturday through tuesday! Any info would help !!!!!!!!!!

How are the trails holding up for this weekend around Dwight / what direction should we ride?? Coming up Saturday through tuesday! Any info would help !!!!!!!!!!

Go to the east side of the park. Start in pembroke or pettawa and ride to mattawa area. This area has alot of snow and didn't get as much rain either. Only hit 2 degrees. They will be the best trails by far in most of ontario.

The rain hit pretty hard on Wednesday and we have gone to "Limited Availability" on the Algonquin SC trails until we can get out and determine the condition. There was a lot of runoff which can create washouts. Please be patient, the temperature has dropped to -4 from +7 in the past two hours so the cold is back. Lake pf Bays was flooded by the rain and will need time to re-freeze. There is snow in the forecast which will help the recovery. Please watch the OFSC for changes.

We won't be up there until around noon on Saturday so hopefully it will be ok by then!

We won't be up there until around noon on Saturday so hopefully it will be ok by then!

I doubt it if it will be ok. No more grooming until next week I bet. Too mild and too much water now. East side will be green again soon.

I doubt it if it will be ok. No more grooming until next week I bet. Too mild and too much water now. East side will be green again soon.

okay debbie downer, want to bet? most of the water is already frozen now, just the big lakes need to refreeze. they will be out sooner than next week, I promise you that, just need a few more inches of snow.

its the kelly shires ride this weekend and they are using some ASC trails, so I'd be surprised if they aren't out before tomorrow night.

http://www.algonquin-sc.on.ca/webcam.html

okay debbie downer, want to bet? most of the water is already frozen now, just the big lakes need to refreeze. they will be out sooner than next week, I promise you that, just need a few more inches of snow.

its the kelly shires ride this weekend and they are using some ASC trails, so I'd be surprised if they aren't out before tomorrow night.

http://www.algonquin-sc.on.ca/webcam.html

There were sections of the a trail south of northbay that haven't seen a groomer for awhile, since the swapms weren't solid enough yet to get them in. This was before the last mild spell.

Wait and see.

There were sections of the a trail south of northbay that haven't seen a groomer for awhile, since the swapms weren't solid enough yet to get them in. This was before the last mild spell.

Wait and see.

well I was wrong! we only need a few inches and haven't received it, no grooming until they get some more snow :(

whitney wont be much better, the trails are hard as a rock everywhere.

OFSC is showing the trails between Huntsville and North bay are back to yellow from red so I'm hoping that means it's getting better and will be ok by for the weekend :?

It's Very good French River north. You don't have to go much further than you are planning to be certain of good conditions. Might be worth it to check it out. No fun driving that far only to be disappointed.

Well it wasn't bad up there the beginning of the week, was pretty good going towards bracebridge on Monday but watch out for a BIG tree down in the trail around 3 miles out of Bracebridge, Towards Dorset was a little thin and to Kearny wasn't bad, nice ride to the Ice caves but it was a little rocky around Kearny, Hope to go somewhere in a couple weeks but not sure what area yet

rode down to Dwight Friday during the storm from Kearney. Had lunch at The Bush Company Bar and Grill

Food was good, nice place right off the trail, they could of added a sign on the back side of the location, we got mixed up but found it, right on HWY 35

Trails were ok, alot of fresh snow, hope they got grooming after ! All the new snow made the road running ok, would not enjoy spring riding with all cottage roads.

Yes that area has a lot of road running. Not fun with out snow cover.

Yes that area has a lot of road running. Not fun with out snow cover.

Anyway to avoid those road runnings?

I am planning a trip from Halliburton to Burks Falls and we plan on going through Dwight to Kearney and I have never ran those trails before.

the only real road running is the billy bear road north of oxbow lake on D101B, so hardly "a lot of road running" its probably one of the greatest areas to ride to avoid road running and stop signs. save for the billy bear of course.

You dont need to avoid anything right now, there is snow on the road and the groomer grabs some snow off the banks.

they have been out grooming the last few days in ASC and Tall Pines. some new snow and not much rain/freezing rain, that will actually help the trails setup nicely. mostly green trails now!

that billy bear rd would be alot of road-running if not snow covered...was up last friday & was good...but,...

that billy bear rd would be alot of road-running if not snow covered...was up last friday & was good...but,...

x2 on that note

Pt Sydney , Baysville , Dorset , Dwight were all in great shape today , 180 ks of some well groomed trails , Dwight for lunch and back home , Im seeing some good snow in the next few days , that should top them off nicely

• 2 weeks later...

, nice ride to the Ice caves but it was a little rocky around Kearny,

What did the ice caves look like this year? Do you have any pics to share? We're thinking of riding out there this weekend, but it's 70 miles each way & would like to know if the caves look better than last year (they were great! but apparently not at their best)

They were pretty good and that was almost a month ago they should be really nice by now. We were up there two weeks ago (family weekend) again but didn't go to the ice caves this time, but we were in the same area on the same trails and theyu were awesome trails were in much better shape than the begining of the month. I would say go for it, it's a great trail up there

Archived