What a CRAPPY Weekend

1ski warrior

The worst way to start off your riding year is to head to the cottage to find it broken into. Nothing more depressing than to have all your gear stolen and cottage ransacked. Hope the idiots get caught and serve some time for all the trouble they are putting my family through.

Where do people get the nerve to just break in and think its alright to take someone's belongings. Sucks that we spend so much time and money preparing for a season and A$$ HoLES just steal it from you. Not only did they steal all the sledding stuff but other tools and equipment. Not to mention the damage to the cottage and now all the repairs for everything.

Hope I find them one day out on the trail with our gear on. I would like to give them some choice words before I turn them into the police.

Sorry for the rant, just extremely peeved right now.

Everyone keep an eye on each other and your neighbour. There are very stupid people in this world that don't care about what they do to other hard working people trying to enjoy something in life.

I hate thieves! I can only imagine the frustration your experiencing right now! I hope the catch them too!

Why can't people simply leave others property alone! Get a job, save money and buy your own stuff like normal people. I sure hope they are found.

Thanks Wildbill. I might stop in to see what you have in my size. We are not too far north of you.

Retards even stole my saddlebags to take the 6 helmets! Really upsetting, finally got my dad into a nice new FXR suit last year, wore it maybe 3 or 4 times and they stole it too. I mean really the poor man is 70 years old trying to enjoy the remainder of his life and some jerk steals his stuff. Really makes me mad. As others have said it's a sad sight when people are to lazy to work for something themselves and have to steal from others.

Now comes the fun of justifying everything to the insurance and providing bills and proof that we used to own stuff. It sure is a nightmare.

Sorry to hear about the theft, sure ruins ones day/week/month

I just hope your insurance doesnt start fighting with you over the value of belongings.......been there done that !!

That really sucks! I hope everything works out for you quickly.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you can get everything settled before our four week season is done.

I've been broken into twice....I know how you feel!! Imagine having your dirtbike stolen and seeing a guy riding it two years later, and not being able to do anything about it, because you're on a MTB and he's got a throttle!!

Sorry to hear that! I hope you get it sorted out fast with your insurance company.

As an aside. Invest in a decent trail camera. They can take hundreds of pictures and last seemingly months on one set of batteries. A good SD card will capture all the images for weeks or months! Set it up where it can capture your driveway or entry point to your cottage and if there is a return visit..you got em!

Even if they are caught the court system is a joke. We were broken into a number of years ago on Easter weekend at our home in Toronto. The police called us the next night that they had caught one of the two. Michael Collington Jr. I will never forget that SOB's name. I read the name on the arrest report while sitting with the police. It said next of kin (mother) not notified by request. The only ounce of revenge I could extract was to call his mother and let her know where Mikey was. The arrest report also said previous record - see attached pages and it was thick.

He was held in custody awaiting trial. When we went to court his defense attorney thought the judge and prosecutor would be rather tough so they requested a change of venue. We went back to court again and it was about 6 months after he was arrested. He was found guilty and went home that day. It seems that every day in custody awaiting trial is counted as two towards your conviction. According to the detective it's pretty common for someone who knows they are going to be found guilty to stall their trial date as much as they can. Then when the judge sentences them to one year they say you have been locked up 6 months two for one. You are free to go.

As for the impact it has on your lives... it took a very long time for my wife to actually get back to a normal life. Wasn't comfortable at home alone totally and insisted in the doors all being locked when we were home even on a Saturday afternoon.

It sucks. Hopefully your insurance company comes through for you. Ours was great to work with.

that really sucks,they will get theres someday.hope your up and running soon and get to enjoy the rest of the winter.

Even if they are caught the court system is a joke. We were broken into a number of years ago on Easter weekend at our home in Toronto. The police called us the next night that they had caught one of the two. Michael Collington Jr. I will never forget that SOB's name. I read the name on the arrest report while sitting with the police. It said next of kin (mother) not notified by request. The only ounce of revenge I could extract was to call his mother and let her know where Mikey was. The arrest report also said previous record - see attached pages and it was thick.

He was held in custody awaiting trial. When we went to court his defense attorney thought the judge and prosecutor would be rather tough so they requested a change of venue. We went back to court again and it was about 6 months after he was arrested. He was found guilty and went home that day. It seems that every day in custody awaiting trial is counted as two towards your conviction. According to the detective it's pretty common for someone who knows they are going to be found guilty to stall their trial date as much as they can. Then when the judge sentences them to one year they say you have been locked up 6 months two for one. You are free to go.

As for the impact it has on your lives... it took a very long time for my wife to actually get back to a normal life. Wasn't comfortable at home alone totally and insisted in the doors all being locked when we were home even on a Saturday afternoon.

It sucks. Hopefully your insurance company comes through for you. Ours was great to work with.

It's called serving dead time.

That sucks bigtime. I came back to Oshawa on New Years Days several years ago. House broken into and ransacked. Pretty much anything electrical/electronic was taken. Even stole the snowblower. Tried to steal my car in the garage, but the battery was dead (keys found on floor mat). Going thru the inventory, the value was 16,000 bucks.

Tracks in the snow showed that a vehicle had been backed into the driveway past the front of the house. Cops got a couple of finger prints from items that had been moved but not taken. Nobody was ever caught.

I hope you have better luck w/ your ins' co' than I did. Didn't get my final settlement cheque until June.

It's called serving dead time.

and it's a scam. If they deserve a year then they should do a year not 6 months

A well known biker/drug dealer in Peterborough (owned big house on Otonabee River beside the bypass) was on trial for trafficking. His game was "fire the lawyer every few months". Each time this happened the new lawyer had time to prepare his case. When he was finally found guilty, he served 1 day in jail considering time spent in custody.

Sorry for your loss, here's hoping karma catches up with the bastiches real quick. "Local man found strangled by six snowmobile helmets"

We had a large forest fire threaten the town last year May 24 weekend and it woke me up to possible insurance requirements. I went around the house taking pics of all belongings including tool drawers, sleds, bikes, guns, etc. I thought it would be a lot easier to prove ownership with pics.

I really like the game camera idea as well, cheap insurance as long as it doesn't disappear with the rest of the stuff.

Glad you posted, might save others a lot of pain and suffering.

Sorry to hear about the theft, sure ruins ones day/week/month

I just hope your insurance doesnt start fighting with you over the value of belongings.......been there done that !!

I hear your pain also. We had it happen at our warehouse and work shop a few years back. They caught the little b@$tard$ and the sad part was whom it was. One was a son of one of my OLD friends. Could have killed him. Stole over $20,000 in equipment and supplies. We were lucky and our insurance company looked after us well and gave us a full year to claim anything we found we were missing. You know how it is, you forget some items when it comes to your tools especially. Still to this day we feel that our privacy was invaded and we don't trust anyone when they come around and ask a random question, or turn around down our driveway. Our house is well hidden with a 1000' driveway yet they still seem to go down it for NO reason at all. I had to post signs again for private property!!! You'll never get over it. These buggers are just looking for something they can sell quick and can't be easily traced. Losers need to WORK for a living!!

Sorry to hear that! I hope you get it sorted out fast with your insurance company.

As an aside. Invest in a decent trail camera. They can take hundreds of pictures and last seemingly months on one set of batteries. A good SD card will capture all the images for weeks or months! Set it up where it can capture your driveway or entry point to your cottage and if there is a return visit..you got em!

Like your idea of the camera. Any recommendations on model and where to get one at a decent price? Thx

Like your idea of the camera. Any recommendations on model and where to get one at a decent price? Thx

Would appreciate the info also.

Sorry to hear about the break-in.. I hope it gets sorted out in short order. Where is your cottage located at so that anyone in the area can keep an ear to the ground for some dumbass bragging about a B & E.

last week a guy stole a truck here and went off the HWY on the TransCanada and he went to flag down traffic for help and got ran over by a transport and was killed

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/Pedestrian-killed-along-Trans-Canada-east-of-Richer-188037991.html

last week a guy stole a truck here and went off the HWY on the TransCanada and he went to flag down traffic for help and got ran over by a transport and was killed

http://www.winnipegf...-188037991.html

Payback's a b$%^&h.

Archived